+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Acclaim goes out of buisiness. =(

Default Acclaim goes out of buisiness. =(

They have gone out of buisiness due to the heads of the doing the following: Nepotism, Embezzlement, Fraud, False Advertising.

They have laid off all employees, and ceased operations worldwide, and will not be giving anybody except for the board of directors a severance package.

Any employees who have collected money from Health insurance at C.O.B.R.A. Health Insurance fron not to several years back will be sued a minimum of 10,000$, to a Maximum of Several million.

They attempted for a chapter 11 Bankruptcy, and only got a Chapter 7.

They only collected 50,000$ upon having the remnants of the company sold, but had a debt over well over 100 Million$

Source= G.I
    Exact figures may vary.

(Pardon Spelling Mistakes.)

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: Acclaim goes out of buisiness. =(

that really pisses me off

Yeah, and supposedly they had been releasing games that were of horrible quality, or sucked on purpose, in attempts of sabotage of some sort.

i can sort of believe that their last few games have sucked i still want to play mortal kombat deception

supposedly some of the games in development have been turned over to new or other companies.

Some of the other business charges and fraud stuff was appauling.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Big deal...they've made crap games for half a decade now...they will not be missed. Good riddence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Big deal...they've made crap games for half a decade now...they will not be missed. Good riddence.
    They did that on purpose, and each game that they released that sucked, was released with the full intention of covertly running the company out of buisiness .

Fact....Acclaim's business model seemed to be acquire a big name licence/property, then make a substandard game out of it. Whilst I feel for their employees who will be getting screwed over in this, I won't miss the company or their products...they were crap !

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotic Vampire
    Fact....Acclaim's business model seemed to be acquire a big name licence/property, then make a substandard game out of it. Whilst I feel for their employees who will be getting screwed over in this, I won't miss the company or their products...they were crap !
    Yeah, It sucks for some of their employees, who may possibly be sued several million dollars on some wierd charges, simply for going to the doctor, during the last few months of the company.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    They did that on purpose, and each game that they released that sucked, was released with the full intention of covertly running the company out of buisiness .
    That makes no sense at all...why would a company sabatoge itself on any level when they have to pay back the messes the make cause of it?

Ouroboros's Avatar Senior Member

Can't say I'm sorry. Even though they were the crappiest game company, they managed to grab some of the market the real game makers should have had.

... waitagoddamnedminute! Double Dragon was made by these guys, wasn't it!? Crap! There goes something I'm gonna miss!

That makes no sense at all...why would a company sabatoge itself on any level when they have to pay back the messes the make cause of it?
    this was so the CEOs and the board could make a quick cash in on their pensions which they of course would recieve they saw the company going down a few years ago a long with the value of their pensions which were more than likely tied to company stock so they wnted to crash and liquidate the ompany quickly so they could cash out without losing a lot of money

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    i can sort of believe that their last few games have sucked i still want to play mortal kombat deception
    ur in luck because acclame dosent publish mortal kombat thats Midway. and btw acclame has never made a game that was any good name one and prove me wrong because i cant think of any

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    ur in luck because acclame dosent publish mortal kombat thats Midway. and btw acclame has never made a game that was any good name one and prove me wrong because i cant think of any
    oh yeah thats right i always get those two mixed up in my head for some reason thanks

Sceptic_Messiah's Avatar Senior Member

awwwww i never liked the company but i'll miss seeing "acclaim" coming up on my screen on games. least it's not as bad as something like rare being brought out by x-box .....:|

+ Reply to Thread