Default Re: did you vote today?

im not a U.S citizen yet so i didint vote. im voting in the next one tho

We're screwed either way.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Yep.

You can't complain if you don't vote.

(Well, ok, you can still complain, but you get my point...)

Genesis's Avatar Member

Hell fucking yah I voted. It was actually the first time for me...kinda sad to say. I want Bush out, but Kerry is fucked too... so I just voted for the lesser of the two evils.
    Here in Oregon we had measure 36, a measure that wanted to ban same sex marriages. I hope that I'm not opening too big of a can of worms here but, I look at it this way: Who should have the right to tell a couple of consentuial adults who they can and can't get married?
    There were a couple other parts on my ballot that I wasn't clear on, but turned to the leser of the evils.
    Anyhow...
    Yay for voting!

People should Marry whoever they want to. Not who the temple's say they can or cant marry!

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

i wanted to vote but i didnt apply for an absentee ballot on time

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    People should Marry whoever they want to. Not who the temple's say they can or cant marry!
    By that wording then incest would be legal...

So far no state voted yes on it...and they won't until the emotional conext of marriege is taken out and the legal aspects become the main focus. You're not gonna convince the majority of americans that gay couples should marry cause they love each other...that they should marry out of legal concerns is a much better tactic. Civil Unions is the way to go...not marriege...it's too tied to religion for many and no faith really puts homosexuality in a good light at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    By that wording then incest would be legal...

So far no state voted yes on it...and they won't until the emotional conext of marriege is taken out and the legal aspects become the main focus. You're not gonna convince the majority of americans that gay couples should marry cause they love each other...that they should marry out of legal concerns is a much better tactic. Civil Unions is the way to go...not marriege...it's too tied to religion for many and no faith really puts homosexuality in a good light at the moment.
    Fine, then I change the statement to: Gender shouldnt make a difference in allowing people to get Married.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    i wanted to vote but i didnt apply for an absentee ballot on time

Ever heard the story of 'The Nail'?

Seeing as Ohio is looking like the state that's going to tip it one way or the other at this point...people like you could just be that nail.

Just out of curiousity, what earth-shattering event stopped you from getting yourself registered in time?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotic Vampire
    Ever heard the story of 'The Nail'?

Seeing as Ohio is looking like the state that's going to tip it one way or the other at this point...people like you could just be that nail.

Just out of curiousity, what earth-shattering event stopped you from getting yourself registered in time?
    actually im a kentucky resident so i would be voting in the kentucky election hence the absentee ballot i kind of figureed it wouldnt matter to much anyways since republicans always grab kentucky by a pretty big margin

I exercized my right not to vote....I didnt know enough about either sides politics so instead of voting blind I just didnt vote....

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    i kind of figureed it wouldnt matter to much anyways since republicans always grab kentucky by a pretty big margin

That's the spirit! Ever wondered why they win by such a big margin?

Seriously, you should always vote....voting is your best opportunity to stick it to 'the man'! If that pompous little twerp Blair thinks he's getting my vote, he's got another thing coming !

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

........ I voted....... but then again I live in Kansas and we haven't voted a Democrat into office in 40 years................

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I voted. One thing I could not help but notice is the lack of turnout on behalf of young voters. Obviously, those that did have a right to complain. I am somewhat amazed after all the hoopla I saw in academia, that they did not take the initiative and vote the "basturd" out. They had an opportunity which did not exist for Generation X and previous generations. I can handle Bush. I honestly feel they chose whatever comes next. Their lack of participation made all the difference in the results of this election.

OEC

I am gonna quote George Carlin in saying that....
    "Most people say if you dont vote dont bitch...BULLSHIT...I say Since I didnt vote I have every right to bitch...I didnt put this asshole into office YOU DID...So I can bitch all I want...."

I love Carlin...

flame goddess

i agree... another point i have when people try to nag me to vote. why the hell should i vote for either of these people? all the shit they say about themselves and each other is just a bunch of bull to snag your vote... i didn't nominate them, i don't trust them, i'm not voting for them. and i still have all the right to bitch about them when they screw up.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by pelelaka
    i agree... another point i have when people try to nag me to vote. why the hell should i vote for either of these people? all the shit they say about themselves and each other is just a bunch of bull to snag your vote... i didn't nominate them, i don't trust them, i'm not voting for them. and i still have all the right to bitch about them when they screw up.
    People are going to bitch, regardless. Anyone can say anything in this country. It just doesn't change anything. I don't know if I'll even bother to vote next time, but I know what made the difference in this election. I'd rather have had neither candidate.

OEC

flame goddess

i didn't even hear who won yet. has it been announced?

bush, kerry concided a few hours ago

flame goddess

ew

Living Dead Girl

I didn't get registered in time, so no.

Genesis's Avatar Member

So, after election day I went to buy an Oregonian news paper to see the results of the polls.
    I saw an article that read " How Oregon voted" and the headlining poll was a graph that showed how Kerry won by a landslide here. I snapped a picture of it with my camera phone and sent it to about 18 people and asked how their states voted.
    Then I snapped a picture of myself and how disappointed I was for the over all Bush leading Kerry by a slight margin on 2%.
    No reply. None from anyone. Until a day later when I received a messaged on that read,
    "Your message has been removed for security reasons."
    Come to find out that my girlfriend got the message that I sent and it showed the same message that I received, so she was just trying to find out what it was that I had sent. NOT even her message was allowed to be sent to me, because of "security reasons".

FUCKERS.
    Hi,
    I live in America and I have no privacy.

Not like this is any type of new news to me. After all every cell phone has a GPS system that "they" track our every move on for our "protection". Everything is monitored... this was just blatant proof.
    I still have the rights to my feelings and I still hate Bush. I really hate that my vote hardly matters due to lack of thousands of millions of dollars to throw into my beliefs.

I would like to point out that only 10% of 18-24 year old people voted and it was record braking here in Oregon.

+ Reply to Thread