+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you ever find playtime boring?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Do you ever find playtime boring?

I remember being a little kid and complaining to my mom that I was bored. Do you ever find yourself bored when you are in the middle of doing something that is supposed to be fun playtime?

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: Do you ever find playtime boring?

i still take my toys to work and i play during my lunch brake im so imature

depends on what im doing. i supose that i can get bored really easully. Ive gotten bored of all my videogames. Hell I work so much i don't have fune time no more. I don't go out to bars/clubs cuz they bore me. Look where i live tho. The only thing in my life isn't boring in my life is sex and i still need to get more of that.

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

I have the attention span of a lizard :|

HempKnight's Avatar Large Member

Even as a kid I multitasked... I always had more going on at one time, so boredom wasn't a factor... not having enough time on the other hand was a problem.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I need to always have at least 6 things going on at once. I just trade off what I'm doing when I get bored with one. If I have to do one thing and not by my own desire, that is when I will get bored. At the moment, I'm reading 3 books, 2 magazines, making a phone call, posting to this board, making breakfast, downloading music, listening to music, have video feeds in my tv and comp. Physical exercise and sex are about the only things I can keep at for any period of time. I can study or work for extended periods, but I need to have constant background noise and distractions.

OEC

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

I can't even sleep without background noise and distraction. I need at least the TV running, or some radio play. Something that talks to me. Music doesn't work.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by postcoital
    I can't even sleep without background noise and distraction. I need at least the TV running, or some radio play. Something that talks to me. Music doesn't work.
    I can usually sleep just to a bit of music and urban sounds.

OEC

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

I found playtime at school exceptionally boring; mainly because the library was closed for the morning and lunch breaks and when it was open we had to pick 'age-group' reading. At 15 I had a book confiscated by the deputy principal of the school as being unsuitable for my age; it was a crappy thriller or something called Diary of a Mad Housewife.

I secretly read Russian writers when no one was looking ...

Zoe_Zoebaboe's Avatar Senior Member

It's really weird, but when I was younger during "playtime" I usually sat in a corner and just kept quiet. I would watch everything around me and never said anything. At a point my parents thought I was mentall challenged, hehe

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

i was just babysitting and me and i was bored out of my mind watching him play video games....

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Try this for a playtime laugh, and ask yourself why some people might find playtime boring:

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Cartwheels and handstands have gotten an 11-year-old girl temporarily bounced out of her Los Angeles-area school.
    Deirdre Faegre was suspended for a week after repeatedly disobeying school officials who told her not to perform gymnastic stunts during lunchtime.

"Our first concern is the safety of all children," San Jose-Edison Academy Principal Denise Patton told the San Gabriel Valley Tribune. Patton said Deirdre could accidentally strike another student, or injure herself, and other children could get hurt trying to imitate Deirdre, who has been doing gymnastics for five years.

Deirdre's father, Leland Faegre, said it was absurd to suspend his daughter for doing gymnastics when students were allowed to play basketball and other sports.

"Contact sports, apparently, are fine. But this one is so dangerous it requires the cartwheel cops," Faegre said.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe_Zoebaboe
    It's really weird, but when I was younger during "playtime" I usually sat in a corner and just kept quiet. I would watch everything around me and never said anything. At a point my parents thought I was mentall challenged, hehe

Soooooooooo there with you, girl. No wonder we get along. I got tested for autism like every year when I was in elementary school.

+ Reply to Thread