View Poll Results: Was it appropriate for the police to taser a child in this situation?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • you think it was appropriate to taser a child. you have never been tasered.

7 21.21%
  • you think it was inappropriate to taser a child. you have never been tasered.

16 48.48%
  • you think it was appropriate to taser a child. you have been tasered.

10 30.30%
  • you think it was inappropriate to taser a child. you have been tasered.

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: is it appropriate to taser a first grader?

adorn_shadow's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: is it appropriate to taser a first grader?

Meh i think it was warranted. The kid was going to hurt himself the little shit will think twice before doing anything like that again!

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Quote Originally Posted by adorn_shadow
    Meh i think it was warranted. The kid was going to hurt himself the little shit will think twice before doing anything like that again!
    Not if pain happens to be his thing...

True, massochistic little heathen!

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

i've been tasered once, but it was with my friends home made one, made out of an old disposable camera. i'm sure a real one would hurt alot more.

Ok curiosity killed the cat, and in this case it probably would, how in good gods name did you manage to build a taser out of a disposable camera.
    On a separate note, I was indirectly zapped by lightning and it hurt like a bitch. I used to work at a bar and we had a taser under the bar in case anyone got a little rowdy. One night after closing I was having a beer and the owner thought it would be funny to taser me. arsehole!

But because of my ninja stealth like moves I was able to get away form him, then i used the force and when he tried to ground it he zapped himself in the wrist.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

... But because of my ninja stealth like moves I was able to get away form him, then i used the force and when he tried to ground it he zapped himself in the wrist.
    That would never have happened to a pirate, huh?

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

the only thing that might make this acceptable is the fact(as i understand it) that the cop is able to control the voltage via the trigger so by just tapping the trigger will give the kid just enough of a jolt to shock him before he has a chance to cut himself again(key word is again after stabbinghimself under the eye and the leg and wherever else)

if you look at the police videos of real criminals they will stand there holding the trigger down until the suspect is totally on the ground(which sometimes takes a little longer then you would think)

if the cop was able to catch the kid before he fell then i would think that the cop didn't give him a shock that lasted any longer then a split second.

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

Ok curiosity killed the cat, and in this case it probably would, how in good gods name did you manage to build a taser out of a disposable camera.
    i'm not quite certain how he managed it, i asked him, but hes not sure himself, that boy has way too much time on his hands...

+ Reply to Thread