+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any cures for air stuck in your jaw?

Default Any cures for air stuck in your jaw?

What do you do when for no apparent reason, your jaw is filled with air, and it hurts to even move?

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: Any cures for air stuck in your jaw?

See a doctor

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Might be TMJ. A dentist can probably diagnose for you and make you a little plastic thing to put in your mouth when you sleep to help. Reducing stress helps too, but that is of course easier said than done.

I think it might be ear related, though the stress idea is more than plausible .

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    I think it might be ear related, though the stress idea is more than plausible .

TMJ frequently manifests as odd or painful ear feelings. Of course, those body parts are closely linked and you can get referred pain in your jaw from an ear infection. If you don't have a sore throat or painful sinuses, you probably want to try a dentist first. If you do have other respiratory probs, I'd recommend a more general physician or ear/nose/throat person, if possible. If the expense and headache of pro medical care is not immediately doable, you might just try taking something relaxing like kava kava or a couple of beers before you go to sleep at night. Be advised, however, that I am not a doctor. Feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    TMJ frequently manifests as odd or painful ear feelings. Of course, those body parts are closely linked and you can get referred pain in your jaw from an ear infection. If you don't have a sore throat or painful sinuses, you probably want to try a dentist first. If you do have other respiratory probs, I'd recommend a more general physician or ear/nose/throat person, if possible. If the expense and headache of pro medical care is not immediately doable, you might just try taking something relaxing like kava kava or a couple of beers before you go to sleep at night. Be advised, however, that I am not a doctor. Feel better.
    Thanks. *Hugs You*

It has happened before, and then its like a euphoria when the air in the jaw pops, and a major relief, but until that happens, it is an incredible painful event. I used to know how to get air out when that happened, but I forgot.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

i get air in my jaw sometimes but i can get rid of it by popping it i d pop it by working my jaw forward and/or using my hands to work it from side to side

Hula Hoop Supervisor

A hammer would work well.

+ Reply to Thread