+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Breakfast food

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Breakfast food

I've been waking up weirdly early in the day because I just can't get used to sleeping with this giant thing on my fucked up ankle. I feel like this means I should eat more breakfast food, but I am stumped as to what. Nina and I had a conversation about people ordering breakfast for other people without taking their tastes into consideration and it got me thinking about this. I've got complex and varied tastes for dinner food, but I'm just stumped on what it makes sense to eat for breakfast.

Do you eat breakfast? What do you think people should eat for breakfast and what do you actually eat in the morning?

Default Re: Breakfast food

I dont eat breakfast, because if I do, that means I would be eating My lunch/dinner can of sphaghetti.

But For Breakfast, I think people should eat heavy foods like like Meat, or balanced food like Sandwiches, orange juice, french toast, etc.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Naked Juices....... pound of fruit in each bottle....... part of my diet, I do miss Bacon,Egg and Cheese biscuits though.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

i preer leftover haggis or corned beef hash but since im at school thats not an option so i stick with yogrt hash browns and a bowl of count chocula

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

hmm If I do eat, its those breakfast hot pocket things. And it leaves me hungrier than before. So i don't normally eat breakfast, or lunch for that matter.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

I just having a boring banana.. And some tea with lots of milk... But this is standard DIET breakfast, so don't listen to me.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

I drink a cup of tea or coffee at half past five but don't breakfast until maybe ten or eleven. For breakfast I prefer porridge when I can get hold of it, fresh bread rolls with marmite and / or blue cheese (also Green Sage Derby and Red Windsor, but not necessarily for breakfast!).

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

i dont eat breakfast, i just drink a pot of tea or more, cant get through the day without.

when i was in cadets we had to eat breakfast cuz we did alot of physical activity throughout the day and u'd end up blacking out by 10 if u didnt, i ate eggs, beans, oatmeal and home fries, with apple juice and a cup of tea

Zoe_Zoebaboe's Avatar Senior Member

bagels and coffee. Yum!

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    I've been waking up weirdly early in the day because I just can't get used to sleeping with this giant thing on my fucked up ankle. I feel like this means I should eat more breakfast food, but I am stumped as to what. Nina and I had a conversation about people ordering breakfast for other people without taking their tastes into consideration and it got me thinking about this. I've got complex and varied tastes for dinner food, but I'm just stumped on what it makes sense to eat for breakfast.

Do you eat breakfast? What do you think people should eat for breakfast and what do you actually eat in the morning?
    You should always eat light for breakfast. You'll have more energy if you let it build up a bit til lunch/dinner.

OEC

I usually dont wake up early enough to eat breakfast/breakfast ends up being the last meal of the day. When I do eat breakfast food, I like omeletes, bacon egg and cheese bagels/crossants/biscuits. Sometimes I like pancakes, but not too often.

What I eat for breakfast and what I would like to eat for breakfast are two different things.

Ideally, breakfast is the big meal of my day. Sausage gravy over buttermilk biscuts and eggs is one of the best things to wake up to. But being lazy and liking the idea of sleeping every possible minute before work it is usually raisin bran or a bagle if I have time.

I used to really like the starches in the morning, potatoes and bread usually but pasta or rice worked too. I also liked spicey foods more in the morning than later in the day. Veggies and the healthy stuff used to come later in the day.

course I was a country boy when I was little (ok hillbilly, don't judge me! ) I got used to the idea that brakfast was the big meal and just about anything was good for it.

CorporateGoth's Avatar Devout follower of Bob

Well, bieng that I work nights, the concept of breakfast is kinda a thing of the past..... I usually wake up at about 3 in the afternoon, and my pallate is usually ready for lunch type foods. I get home at about 6-7am. By that point I'm usually ready for my "cholestorol special" which is a fried egg snawhich with melted cheese (cheap velveeta) and mayonaise. On a good day, I'll add bacon. Just making it causes a heart attack, but its ridiculously tasty. Also a "drunk food".

Weblogger

Last night I was at a concert - with Mead - and when I woke up this morning, had collected the post and glanced through the newspaper, the only thing that interested me aside from a cup of coffee was chocolate. So I ate chocolate.

Weblogger

There's a new breakfast tipple in the UK which might appeal to some:

>>LONDON (Reuters) - A beer flavored with coffee beans may serve as a hair-of-the-dog hangover aide or pick-me-up with a kick but that's not really its purpose says the award-winning maker Meantime Brewing.
    Peter Haydon says the newly launched beer, on sale in supermarket J Sainsbury, is for winter tipplers seeking specialty strains.

"It's definitely an adult flavor," he told Reuters, adding the four-percent-strong beer is not for Britain's controversial teen' market for alcopops, or for clubbers downing double-hit cocktails such as the caffeinated soft drink Red Bull and vodka.

"It's definitely not for your vodka-Red-Bull punters. It's for your Sunday-supplement-reading, market-visiting, food-interested types," he added.

Haydon said the London-produced beer, which uses fair-traded roasted arabica beans from Rwanda, is intended to serve as a morning cappuccino or even as a meal-time digestif.

"It's not the sort you could drink loads of," he added.<<

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

a beagel with cream cheese makes a kick ass breakfast. I think it might be healthy too! (not to mention all the flavors)

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by Camby Savelle
    a beagel with cream cheese makes a kick ass breakfast. I think it might be healthy too! (not to mention all the flavors)
    Ok ok, do you mean a bagel (bread) or a beagle (dog)? The world has to know ....

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

bagel. (I can't spell for schit)

+ Reply to Thread