+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you know your family medical history?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Do you know your family medical history?

Doctors always have these forms where you are supposed to check off whether various relatives have had this, that, or the other thing. Do you really know your family medical history well enough to know what type of cancer a grandparent had or what age they lived to etc.?

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Default Re: Do you know your family medical history?

Not a lot of it but yes. All of my grandparents are still alive right now. I even have 2 step grandparents. I just hope I look like my dad's side of the family when I get old. My mom's side doesn't age well.

Well, I do and it's not very pretty. Cancer, Obesity, high blood pressure, high cholesteral, mental instability, manic depression...just to list a few things.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Quote Originally Posted by SindelChaos
    Well, I do and it's not very pretty. Cancer, Obesity, high blood pressure, high cholesteral, mental instability, manic depression...just to list a few things.
    Not very pretty at all.... =/

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Doctors always have these forms where you are supposed to check off whether various relatives have had this, that, or the other thing. Do you really know your family medical history well enough to know what type of cancer a grandparent had or what age they lived to etc.?
    Sure do. I'm lucky in that regard. My grandfather had cancer related to environmental factors. The rest have lived into their 80s and 90s and beyond for 3 generations. I need to quit smoking and be on the lookout for heart disease, tho.
    That's about it.

OEC

Sceptic_Messiah's Avatar Senior Member

every kind of heart disease you can imagine, cancer, very high blood pressure, depression, some weird muscle problem.....and probably lots more that i've forgotten, luckily though none of them have affected me yet and everyone in my family always manages to go through the worst of things but manages to pull through and most of my older relatives have lived to a good decent age

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

most my family on my moms side die of cancer and theres alot of mental illness, my dads side well his moms nearly 90 now and shes not been seriously ill but his dad died of heart diease i think

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Immediate family, yes. I know what killed my father and grandparents down to a T, I know which medical problems my mother had. Beyond that, no.

Trotter's Avatar Senior Member

my grandparents are all still alive. They have the usual things associated with old age. My mom had a malignant brain tumor last thanksgiving (she actually passed out while we were eating) that she had to have treated with chemo-therapy. Hopefully there wont be a repeat this year. Im healthy as a horse.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

unfortuneatly I just put....I'm fucked my dad's side of the family all died from cancer except one....but he ahd cancer twice.....so one day my body will smell like rottign flesh I will feel weak and die. I am not going to the doctors when that happens I will jsut keep living till I can't......Mind you his father died form old age and both my moms folks died from heart problems...yeah I am screwed...ahwell not goignt o worry about it.....no point nature owns my ass

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

both parents dead at around 65 from heart attacks. every year after 65 for me is a bonus

+ Reply to Thread