+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ministry or Lars Friedreksen and The Bastards

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

Default Ministry or Lars Friedreksen and The Bastards

I have seen both bands before.....but which one would you go to? both have shows on the 2nd of Dec......

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: Ministry or Lars Friedreksen and The Bastards

ooohhh... tough call. I might honestly make that choice based on which venue I enjoyed more.

i'm a big fan of both, but at this point i'd say Ministry. they haven't played with the vitality they've recently displayed in years.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I'd go with Lars Friedreksen and The Bastards. I saw Ministry years ago with, oddly enough, Sepultura, when Ministry was one of my favorite bands ever and it was sort of disappointing. I was going to see them when they played House of Blues, thinking a club show would be better than the stadium show I saw, but then I thought about how bummed I would be if it were not spectacular.

CorporateGoth's Avatar Devout follower of Bob

Ministry...... I saw then several years ago off of the Psalm69 tour.. (also w/ seplutura and Helmet) and it was the most amazing show I had seen up to that point. I had the mis-fortune of missing them in St. Pete last month and I haven't gotten over it yet!

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    I'd go with Lars Friedreksen and The Bastards. I saw Ministry years ago with, oddly enough, Sepultura, when Ministry was one of my favorite bands ever and it was sort of disappointing. I was going to see them when they played House of Blues, thinking a club show would be better than the stadium show I saw, but then I thought about how bummed I would be if it were not spectacular.
    if you haven't seen them since al's sobered up, you're missing out. the show is much more intense, especially with all the thrashy tracks from Houses of The Mole

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

I saw the Ministry show on Sunday in Lawrence...................GO It was fucking amazing

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

oh gaaaaaawwwd with friends like you, who the hell needs enemies....thankyou all for making the decision more hard...hehehe true enough. It goes something like this....Ministry is at Club Denim in Guelph, Ontario. If I recall correctley it's a small club. The LFaB show is at Call The Office in London, Ontario.It also is small and intimate. Where I live it is about equal driving time. What it comes down to more than ANYTHING ELSE is the cost. I am sure LFaB Show is going to be around 20 bucks Cnd and I am not sure about Club Denim I am going to call to find out. The one Factor Leading towards The Ministry show is that I have never Been to Club Denim so it'sa new experience and I like new experiences and adventure...plus it's Ministry. Anyhow Thanks for the Opinions..it's days like this I wish I had a sophistimacated piece of dohhickyism like a telemawatcha macall it....

Oil~Boy 26's Avatar rebuilding in pain

I definatly hafta say the min show ive seen both live and i hafta say that the ministry show will rock yo socks off big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    OB~26

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

Ministry....anyday...I have been a hardcore fan of Alain's for decades now...starting with their first bubblegum cd *with Sympathy* in the 80's. By the late 80's they had evolved and let me say HOW! Damn talk about an incredible venue I will never forget...3 wax trax artists....First was Ed kaSpell..(of the legendary pink dots and The Tear Garden with Reznor) .in his earlier days before glory..When he sang "Ophelia" with every vein and artery of his almost nude body highlighted in black paint....*swoons* .next , bestill my ever black heart was REVCO (The Revolting Cocks) Alain fronts this band as well, though sadly very few even knew or recognised it was him on the stage. When Ministry took over they blew all minds to another plane...(of course Revco helped with that ..heh) Since then, any chance I get to see Alain and the boys...I jump on it..I've never been dissapointed....Wish I could see them Dec 2nd...*le pout*

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

yeah, one time I saw lars frederkinsen and the bastards with special guests tim armstrong and brett whatever his last name is, and seeing as how the "unknown bastard" is matt freeman, I thought that was pretty lame.

Lars is decent, but Ministry wins. And shit, if it's in guelph I willl do my best to see you there. I've been out of the loop for long enough to have no fucking idea what's going on in the club scene. I've never been to denim myself, but there's a first time for everything (which I think we've covered by now) so we'll have to see what I can do about that. I recently got into the dillinger escape plan about 6-7 months ago and was reviled to hear that a few months before that I had missed them at the trash. I saw unearth at the trash, which was a great show.. and I even got to fuck some shit up!

Anyway, if I don't make it, let me know how it went.

Love, JJ Slash

+ Reply to Thread