+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A question of opinion?

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Default A question of opinion?

To YOU, what makes something "intresting"? what about anything is it that draws your attention to it rather then something else. what captivates your focus?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default Re: A question of opinion?

that's kind of broad, ya know? it depends on what you are talking about. for example you probbily don't use the same crieteria for judging what kind of food you like as what kind of shoes you like to wear.

Me? Special? Shit, lotsa things. I think some of it keeps me back. I am fat too intense for my own good, I often scare women off (also because they think I'm a skin). I think my most redeeming quality is my regal air. It's something I take pride in. How about you?

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

It depends......... when it comes to women........ it's the eyes. It's why I like goth chicks and French women, well at least the ones at my school. If someone has beautiful eyes I'm hypnotized.
    Other things.......... yeah that is a broad question. Unfortunately I can't answer that.

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

No, the answers so far are good. I know it was a very open question, but I just wanted people to draw their own conclusions of what I meant.

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

the less i know about a subject the more interested in it i am...

i definately fall into the jack of all trades master of none category... as soon as i have satisfied my curiousity in a subject i am almost completely turned off by it...

Hula Hoop Supervisor

What captivates my focus? Monkey Ninja's.

DharmaLion's Avatar Devil's Advocate

I am a Ritalin baby...

Everything catches my attention.
    Last edited by DharmaLion; 12-01-2004 at 05:19 PM. Reason: forgetting little things like the word "a"

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

i like shiny things

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

whatever my mood is that day. whatever i relate to more. like if im depressed ill wear all black, if im happy ill wear like red or blue or something

things that draws my attention hmm.. Id have to say well it depends if it is art or poetry if so I like to look at it and be able to feel what the writer or artist was feeling when her or she did it.. pain is what Im into but anyfeeling is good thats when you know it holds a place in your heart like they really put their all in to it...

Mother Superior

It's uniqueness and or ability to teach me something I had not previously known.

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

detail. insanely convoluted, speed-freak obsessive detail. this is why i think Hans Reudi Giger is a great artist and David Hockney is a kind of venereal wart.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by sheramil
    detail. insanely convoluted, speed-freak obsessive detail. this is why i think Hans Reudi Giger is a great artist and David Hockney is a kind of venereal wart.
    Yeah but H.R.Giger uses patterns more than detail...repetition of a highly detailed segmant is a big part of his work...same with theme, style, subject matter...turth is he has much more in common with cartoonists and graphic designers than traditional painters.

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Yeah but H.R.Giger uses patterns more than detail...repetition of a highly detailed segment is a big part of his work...
    i'd agree in reference to his later work, when he decided it was just as easy to spray through a stencil - the "New York" series featured in the book Biomechanics.

same with theme, style, subject matter...truth is he has much more in common with cartoonists and graphic designers than traditional painters.

you have to admit, though, with the Harkonnenstuhl, he makes a kick-ass chair. it kind of makes you want to start sculpting polystyrene. well, it makes me want to start sculpting polystyrene.

+ Reply to Thread