+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should someone totally fuck up someting free in order to get their rocks off?

Mekahoel The Pandafist's Avatar Cold, wet and hungry

Default Should someone totally fuck up someting free in order to get their rocks off?

As of late, my roomate and I have been playing a free, online RolePlaying Game. All you do is give these guys an email addy and download the installer, and presto! gaming goodness.
    For the past week, fucked up things have been happening. Bosses you didn't see until you were at level 70 spawned en masse in starter worlds. Things like that. Evidently, some dipshits found out how do crack the game's code, and have been having a feildday ever since. Most users cannot get on, and, those that do, cannot do anything without dying in three seconds. You cannot even access your profile online. To make a long story short, things have happened.
    No money is lost, because no money is spent to access this game. No one's character(s) (as far as I know so far) have been deleted. This is a problem that will take anywhere between several days to at least four weeks of constant de-bugging and code fixing. And we all know how fun debugging is!
    What is your opinion on this? I hope mine is clear.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: Should someone totally fuck up someting free in order to get their rocks off?

It amazes me that there are people who just looooooooooooove to ruin anyone else's good time and not even for personal gain, just to be jerks.

DharmaLion's Avatar Devil's Advocate

Default Re: Should someone totally fuck up someting free in order to get their rocks off?

Quote Originally Posted by Mekahoel The Pandafist
    As of late, my roomate and I have been playing a free, online RolePlaying Game. All you do is give these guys an email addy and download the installer, and presto! gaming goodness.
    For the past week, fucked up things have been happening. Bosses you didn't see until you were at level 70 spawned en masse in starter worlds. Things like that. Evidently, some dipshits found out how do crack the game's code, and have been having a feildday ever since. Most users cannot get on, and, those that do, cannot do anything without dying in three seconds. You cannot even access your profile online. To make a long story short, things have happened.
    No money is lost, because no money is spent to access this game. No one's character(s) (as far as I know so far) have been deleted. This is a problem that will take anywhere between several days to at least four weeks of constant de-bugging and code fixing. And we all know how fun debugging is!
    What is your opinion on this? I hope mine is clear.
    Griefing is wrong regardless of the cost of the game....of course, if you are stealing access to the game, then you are getting exactly what you deserve.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

well, you know what they say.. if it seems too good to be true, it probibly is.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

You get what you pay for...

Free online RPG's like that simply open the doors for people to screw around with them and ruin them. It may suck to pay a monthly fee in some eyes but part of that money goes to make sure people like that are dealt with.

I'll pay my $15 a month...nothing is more aggrivating than spending time on a character only for it to be ruined by outside factors.

+ Reply to Thread