+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Bad Habit Are You Trying To Break?

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Default What Bad Habit Are You Trying To Break?

My worst bad habit is falling asleep with all my makeup on, and not brushing and flossing, and not taking vitamins!!!! Ah!!!

DharmaLion's Avatar Devil's Advocate

Default Re: What Bad Habit Are You Trying To Break?

smoking, but i'm not trying very hard.

My worst bad habit would almost be smoking, but then I realize I ruminate too long on things and blow them out of proportion, which occurs to me is a much worse habit. The smoking I can live with.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Smoking my way thru a revolution. Then, the smoking ceases.

OEC

Im tryin to stop cuting I did for about a year then I started again I guess once a cuter always a cuter I dont know..
    The lost and lonley Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    Im tryin to stop cuting I did for about a year then I started again I guess once a cuter always a cuter I dont know..
    The lost and lonley Shadow
    You should stop cutting and get that shotgun like I told you!!! Start using pedestrians for target practice....

I actually fantasize about shooting rollerbladers on their way to Central Park...

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    You should stop cutting and get that shotgun like I told you!!! Start using pedestrians for target practice....

I actually fantasize about shooting rollerbladers on their way to Central Park...
    you are right but its harder then it sounds but i will try i really need to stop its getting bad..
    the lost and lonley Shadow

ther rollerblader thing sounds like a plan i think that would be fun

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

smoking

corachaos's Avatar Dorky Girl

Smoking for me too.
    And Live Journal....bad habit, working on breaking that.

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

smoking...definetly...I'm going to quit...I stopped for 10 months...I can do it again....this time for good...*pats herself on the back*

Mine would be being lazy...

drinkigng too much cola and coffee

Pzychotic's Avatar Dark Entity

Smoking definately... Seems to be my last major vice besides coffe and damned if I'm giving that up...

Quote Originally Posted by SindelChaos
    Mine would be being lazy...
    And pivoting?????

H-m-m-m-m, a lot of smokers!!! Yes, smoking is pretty much the worst thing I would think....

I quit smoking by cutting down, just smoking when I wanted one, and then one morning, after a night of too many cigs and too much booze, it just sort of seemed repulsive.

I'm quitting both smoking and drinking. It's not as difficult as I had anticipated. I suspect the drugs and alcohol have laid waste to the braincells responsible for addiction. I'm quitting by never having them. I figure that's the trick. Not doing it. Having a cigarette seems a lot less like quitting as it seems like smoking to me. My brain does feel a little bigger than my skull these past few days... lots of forehead pressure... and I'm stuttering more often and having very thrilling mood swings. Here's to day four.

H-m-m-m-m, a lot of smokers!!! Yes, smoking is pretty much the worst thing I would think....

I quit smoking by cutting down, just smoking when I wanted one, and then one morning, after a night of too many cigs and too much booze, it just sort of seemed repulsive.

You are so funny! Yeah, I was reading this and you said I quit smoking by cutting.... and then I was like WHAT how is that helping you. Then I saw "down" and let out a sigh of relief.

My baddest habbit would be coke...I cant lay off the stuff. Day in and day out I take coke...its like I cant live for 5 min. without smelling its sweat aroma.

wow...I just re-read that and it doesent sound right...I mean Coke~a~Cola...not crack.

Im not a smoker or a drinker...only additction is coke.

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

cutting. i really need to stop. if i keeping going the way i am, im never going to be able to wear a sleeve-less gown for my wedding.

PaulCat's Avatar 3 Of My Nine Lives Left

I'm trying to stop putting myself down, i seem to do that a lot and i've been catching myself doing it!!!

Or i'll say i'm going to do something and then talk myself out of doing it...

i know i'll be happier if i stop doing this kind thing.

Paul Cat.

I'm drinking a lot more coffee than I should... I think it was a hasty decision this quitting thing... I think I'm reconsidering.... It's a lot of pressure. Y'know. Every person I associate with on a regular basis smokes cigarettes... and is an alocoholic. I don't want a drink, but I do want a smoke, god damn it why did I leave myself penniless this weekend? DAMMIT!! It's just a craving... they get less frequent and they go away... If only this were the hard part, I wouldn't have to do this so often. Y'know when I traditionally tend to fail? After the cravings die down to like once a week... then they catch you off guard, and you actually forget the hell of the first two weeks of constant craving. This will go away... and to think that that's when the battle begins... I'm gonna go get another cup of coffee.

Cthulhu23's Avatar Dark Dreamer

Not brushing/flossing enough like Mistress Jennifer said......oh yeah, and I masturbate too much!

Well , day 3 here of being smoke free. It isnt too bad at all. I bought and used that *Smoke away* system and i have to say...i havent even wanted a cigarette at all...Of course the mind tricks you the first few days...but it is more a thought that passes..you take a lot of completely herbal pills but...no cravings, no pissy mood and NO food cravings...this is really a good system..I reccomend it to anyone trying to quit the hard way ...guaranteed to be smoke free in 7 days or your money back....who can argue with that?..heh

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CarnalxKiss
    Well , day 3 here of being smoke free. It isnt too bad at all. I bought and used that *Smoke away* system and i have to say...i havent even wanted a cigarette at all...Of course the mind tricks you the first few days...but it is more a thought that passes..you take a lot of completely herbal pills but...no cravings, no pissy mood and NO food cravings...this is really a good system..I reccomend it to anyone trying to quit the hard way ...guaranteed to be smoke free in 7 days or your money back....who can argue with that?..heh
    haha I have that too. It really works? I'm not starting until after XMas.

OEC

GasmaskGirl's Avatar Senior Member
    Ottawa Ontario, Canada (actually born in Saskatchewan Canada)

eating when i'm bored.

poison's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by suicidal_tendencies
    cutting. i really need to stop. if i keeping going the way i am, im never going to be able to wear a sleeve-less gown for my wedding.
    i haven't cut for bout 3 months now and i've v.proud of myself, i was really upset yesterday but i managed to avoid doing it which is good cause its really hard to do once its become something of a habit..i don't think i will be able to wear a sleeve-less gown because the scars on my upper arm have remained red and won't fade to white

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Quote Originally Posted by Imnotherethisisnthappenin
    I'm drinking a lot more coffee than I should...
    indeed; i drink way more coffee and pepsi max than i need to.. my consumption of caffiene is up to levels that any rational person would consider an addiction; one sure sign of this is that i get migraines whenever i stop or even slow down a little; obviously, i should try to taper it off - you would think i would have learned something from all the times i suddenly stopped taking antidepressants - but oh no, and i can't even claim the dignity of properly brewed coffee - don't have time for that - microwave a mug of water, six teaspoons of instant and some of that evil sugar substitute that is based on a chemical precursor of nerve gas and then forty seconds for it to stop fizzing and giving off that gas that smells like new cars.. mmm, neural damage.. i'm sure there are volumes about the bad medical effects of excess caffiene, but when you get those jitters you don't want to read about how it's going to rot your brain-stem and reduce you to a gibbering puddle of goo, and besides, the only real side-effect i've noticed is that it makes me a little verbose and my sentences start to get longer and longer until i imagine i'm writing a russian novel and if i write a paragraph that can be read out aloud in one breath then it's too short.

also i forget to put in paragraph breaks.

NINA SINN's Avatar Senior Member
    alaska, can you believe i seriously lived thtere.... no really it is beautiful there...

My Worst Bad Habit Is Bitting My Nails... I Know I Know Its So Gross..... Now I Just Make Sure I Go Every 2 Weeks For My Manicure And Pedicure......

Bloodykisses....
    Nina Sinn 666

CorporateGoth's Avatar Devout follower of Bob

Im going to be absolutely honest here.... Im not really trying to break any of my "bad" habits. I drink about 5 12 packs of mountian dew a week, plus at least 20-25 cups pf coffee a week. I smoke about a pack a day. I drink Alcohol at least weekly. I ENJOY doing these things. Now of course I realize that these things are not going to improve my health, physical fitness, etc.... But I do get a great amount of pleasure out of them. I couldn't imagine having to deal with my kids bitch and moan, AND having a Nic-Fit at the same time. I would go from father of 3 to Father of 2 real quick.I know the arguement about " dont you want to live ;ong enough to see your great-grandkids" etc. Not if it means desperatly clinging on to life and not being to enjoy the things I enjoy. I have cut down my smoking (used to mow down at least 2.5 packs a day), and although I drink regularly, I dont really drink that much (2-3 beers at a sitting, usually twice a week). Because I still enjoy my little addictions so much, I dont think I could successfully quit now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NINA SINN
    My Worst Bad Habit Is Bitting My Nails... I Know I Know Its So Gross..... Now I Just Make Sure I Go Every 2 Weeks For My Manicure And Pedicure......

Bloodykisses....
    Nina Sinn 666
    Have you tried acrylic nails? They are unbiteable I think!

ravenofdeath's Avatar Lord of Death

Im compeled to say my worst bad habit would have to be my video game and computer addiction but that isnt all that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CorporateGoth
    Im going to be absolutely honest here.... Im not really trying to break any of my "bad" habits. I drink about 5 12 packs of mountian dew a week, plus at least 20-25 cups pf coffee a week. I smoke about a pack a day. I drink Alcohol at least weekly. I ENJOY doing these things. Now of course I realize that these things are not going to improve my health, physical fitness, etc.... But I do get a great amount of pleasure out of them. I couldn't imagine having to deal with my kids bitch and moan, AND having a Nic-Fit at the same time. I would go from father of 3 to Father of 2 real quick.I know the arguement about " dont you want to live ;ong enough to see your great-grandkids" etc. Not if it means desperatly clinging on to life and not being to enjoy the things I enjoy. I have cut down my smoking (used to mow down at least 2.5 packs a day), and although I drink regularly, I dont really drink that much (2-3 beers at a sitting, usually twice a week). Because I still enjoy my little addictions so much, I dont think I could successfully quit now anyway.
    Smoking is the worst of all of those...I really and truly enjoy it too...but being a nurse I've seen the things cancer can do...trust me...you wont be enjoying it when your body is shrilling in excruitiating pain taking its time to die...im on day 6 here...and i am not bitchy (like usual when i try to quit) im already detoxed of posions and toxins that were in my bloodstream and im feeling great...Smoke away is an awesome program...i smoked 2 packs a day faithfully for 17 years...and in 5 days i've quit...if you have kids, that is the best gift you can give them...and your wife and loved ones...if you cant quit...then maybe try going down to 3 a day...one after each meal...my vice...is I will still smoke a bowl once week because i love my cannibas as well...I dont drink and now i dont smoke...so one bowl a week..is going to be like the weekly brownie if you were on a diet...hehee...I love to smoke...everything about it...except the long term side effects I have to comfort and see every day...what did it for me? A mom of 36 (my age) with 4 kids...dying of brain and lung cancer...begging me to find someone who would adopt all 4 kids..so they could stay together...Cancer is such a horrible way to die....in 1 year of not smoking you can cut your risk of heart disease in half...in 15 years...its like you never even smoked...your lungs repair themselves....Yes I liked smoking...but i didint like the coughing fits, the tiredness, being out of breath all the time..and then horrible respiratory infections..If you want to....smoke away is a good thing to try...Im not preching by any means...just know you have a heartfelt *goodluck* whatever you do ....

Quote Originally Posted by CarnalxKiss
    Smoking is the worst of all of those...I really and truly enjoy it too...but being a nurse I've seen the things cancer can do...trust me...you wont be enjoying it when your body is shrilling in excruitiating pain taking its time to die...im on day 6 here...and i am not bitchy (like usual when i try to quit) im already detoxed of posions and toxins that were in my bloodstream and im feeling great...Smoke away is an awesome program...i smoked 2 packs a day faithfully for 17 years...and in 5 days i've quit...if you have kids, that is the best gift you can give them...and your wife and loved ones...if you cant quit...then maybe try going down to 3 a day...one after each meal...my vice...is I will still smoke a bowl once week because i love my cannibas as well...I dont drink and now i dont smoke...so one bowl a week..is going to be like the weekly brownie if you were on a diet...hehee...I love to smoke...everything about it...except the long term side effects I have to comfort and see every day...what did it for me? A mom of 36 (my age) with 4 kids...dying of brain and lung cancer...begging me to find someone who would adopt all 4 kids..so they could stay together...Cancer is such a horrible way to die....in 1 year of not smoking you can cut your risk of heart disease in half...in 15 years...its like you never even smoked...your lungs repair themselves....Yes I liked smoking...but i didint like the coughing fits, the tiredness, being out of breath all the time..and then horrible respiratory infections..If you want to....smoke away is a good thing to try...Im not preching by any means...just know you have a heartfelt *goodluck* whatever you do ....

Yes, all you smokers! You have to stop!!! The next time you think about smoking a cigarrette, read the above post!!!

Oh, I forgot my REALLY bad habit which I will probably NEVER break, which is falling in love with the absolute WORST boys in the world!!!!!

Day nine. No smoke away here. I've learned to love my withdrawal symptoms. They are the only real things. Everything else is gravy. I will be sad when they go away, because they are intense. Like people who undergo serious trauma, most forget the incident... too painful. I don't want to forget this... If it were easy to quit, I would... very often. Then my money would go to the cigarette companies and the cigarette quitting companies alternately... I'll bet the former has more to do with the latter than we're being led to believe... But this is why I'm quitting... not so much my long term health... but because not having one makes me feel... LIKE THIS! Because I don't want to be a slave anymore to those things I am most obviously a slave to. Isn't that an amazing make up job? The corpse up there doesn't even look like who it's supposed to look like, mom, but it sure looks not dead. Very rosey... I'm gonna go brush my teeth.

ScarMeBeautiful's Avatar Senior Member

Biting my nails, and not putting the bath mat down when I get out of the bath.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarMeBeautiful
    Biting my nails, and not putting the bath mat down when I get out of the bath.
    We have really "GIRLY" bad habits...

I did it again last night!! Not only did I sleep with all my makeup on, not take any vitamins, brush or floss, but I slept with ALL my clothes on, including my coat!!!!!

I get really TIRED in New York, I was schlepping around in the rain for hours....

I DID take off my shoes...

Oil~Boy 26's Avatar rebuilding in pain

"sigh" i have to side with Corporate Goth on this one some of us unjoy the things that make us feal good but some of the things i am addicted to are not bad at all so I do them a bit more than the smoking drinking and others that I do BTW i am drunk now
    OB~26

ScarMeBeautiful's Avatar Senior Member

I always sleep with my make-up on.. I just can't be bothered when I come back from a night out. I just think 'what's the point'.. Then I wake up with black and pink around my eyes. Hehe.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

no bad habits here, just old friends, and sometimes new ones

+ Reply to Thread