+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holiday Mania

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Holiday Mania

Do you find yourself acting or being crazier during the holiday season?

Default Re: Holiday Mania

Mostly just stressing more over money and long waiting lines at the grocery store. I mean, they don't even sell anything except food and I have to wait in line at 1am on a weekday! What is up with that? This never happened in October or May or July, just December. Then there are those annoying bell ringers that you just want to shove the bell down their throat as to stop the annoying ringing.

TheWalkingGlitch's Avatar Si vis pacem, para bellum

During the brief time I worked in the game industry, there was always the "Let's get this coded and shipped in time for Christmas!" rush which did tend to drive all concerned pretty crazy; though beyond that no, I do not really get all that much different around Christmas. I don't have a whole lot of people to shop for at this point in time, so it's fairly stress-free.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Do you find yourself acting or being crazier during the holiday season?
    I think cabin fever is the correct term for it. This year, I have a cluster of issues with which I am in "hurry up and wait" mode. I would have to say this will not add to my holiday spirit. Overall, tho, I look forward to seeing my family. The anxiety will go away once these issues are settled. I have no doubt they will be in my favor, but waiting for matters beyond one's control fucking sucks. I think the holiday season adds to anxieties concerning both the past and future. In part, I believe this is due to the association some of us make between the holidays and our childhood. You just have to gut it out.

OEC

DharmaLion's Avatar Devil's Advocate

If its a holiday for someone else, that means it time to get to work for me.

Also /agree with Sindel. Dealing with the general public @ holidays makes me want to break things.

Mother Superior

Yeah.. I can't hear a Christmas song and not think of being a child. I don't get anxious, I have learned to relax. If people want to get caught up in the mania, so be it, some of us live crisis to crisis, and need that pressure . You have to prepare for the holidays before the holidays. As insane as that sounds, it has kept me cool almost 5 years in a row. I take care of everything the first two weeks of Novemeber. Shopping, wrappings, purchasing foods I will need for the holidays that will be served..etc. Then I just have to sit back and wait for November 26th and December 25th to arrive.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SindelChaos
    Mostly just stressing more over money and long waiting lines at the grocery store. I mean, they don't even sell anything except food and I have to wait in line at 1am on a weekday! What is up with that? This never happened in October or May or July, just December. Then there are those annoying bell ringers that you just want to shove the bell down their throat as to stop the annoying ringing.

Shove the bell down their throat, and then pivot away!!!!!!

Usually, Holiday Mania is horrible!! But this year I am really happy. It is a miracle. Everything in my life is really good now!!! So I think I will have a really good Christmas!!!

I get depressed, as I have nobody to share the holidays with, and My father and grandmother act Meaner to Me on the holidays, and especially on My birthday as well!* No that wasnt whining, that was simply answering a question.

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    Usually, Holiday Mania is horrible!! But this year I am really happy. It is a miracle. Everything in my life is really good now!!! So I think I will have a really good Christmas!!!

Especially with new pretty photos!

Quote Originally Posted by SindelChaos
    Especially with new pretty photos!

And you will have your new photos soon too!! Can't wait to see them. All we need now are some candles!!!

CorporateGoth's Avatar Devout follower of Bob

I do all I can to avoid the public during the holidays. Shop in the middle of the night when possible. A few years ago I took my daughter to pick out her Xmas present she had earned and while we were out, she almost got trampled by several different adults. I finally had enough and told one lady if she stepped on my child again (she did step on her foot), I would make sure this was the last holiday she ever saw. We got into it right in the middle of WalMart (what can I say, Im poor) and we were asked to leave. On the way out of the store, I realized I acted like a total ass and set a horrible example for my daughter. It just amazes me that during a season of family, giving, etc... that people become so selfish and nasty. Makes the whole thing hardly seem worth the effort. I really get into the spirit and all, but dealing with over zealous assholes in public makes me want to forget the whole thing.

Trotter's Avatar Senior Member

I used to get caught up in the spirit and everything but ive decided to take it easy this year. Plus nobody appreciates the effort I put into creating the seasonal magic. Like last year I went around my neighborhood and sung christmas carols. Yeah I was in my underwear, and yeah it was technically "halloween" but when did this country become nazi germany?

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

I get a little more stabby during the holidays. I'm not really too all into it and work through them. I'd much rather celebrate just when i feel like it rather than when the greeting card companies say it's good.

That and as a side note..is anybody else annoyed by that 'Happy Holiday Sprit' or whatever it is bullshit?

HempKnight's Avatar Large Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nudemuse
    I get a little more stabby during the holidays. I'm not really too all into it and work through them. I'd much rather celebrate just when i feel like it rather than when the greeting card companies say it's good.

That and as a side note..is anybody else annoyed by that 'Happy Holiday Sprit' or whatever it is bullshit?

Baby, when AREN'T you a lil' stabby?... (forks and knives are hidden)

I avoid as much public interaction as possible during this time of year, as I am stabby as well (not the first time either)... ever since I tried to go crimmass eve shopping while on five hits of microdot... I stay the fuck away from malls or where ever there is a gathering of assholes.

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

Quote Originally Posted by HempKnight
    Baby, when AREN'T you a lil' stabby?... (forks and knives are hidden)

I avoid as much public interaction as possible during this time of year, as I am stabby as well (not the first time either)... ever since I tried to go crimmass eve shopping while on five hits of microdot... I stay the fuck away from malls or where ever there is a gathering of assholes.
    And there are lots of assholes in this general vicinity.

We have very little cutlery in the house.

And..I just thought of something else.

Why is it that during the holidays everybody seems to want to be all in your business? Does that happen to anybody else? People get SO nosy it pisses me off.

HempKnight's Avatar Large Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nudemuse
    And there are lots of assholes in this general vicinity.

We have very little cutlery in the house.

And..I just thought of something else.

Why is it that during the holidays everybody seems to want to be all in your business? Does that happen to anybody else? People get SO nosy it pisses me off.

Yeah... like the fucknut that passed me doing 80 in a 25 mph school zone today... so glad there wasn't any kids out there.

As far as the cutlery, don't forget the ever extra fucking sharp Cutco... when you absolutely positvely have to slice and dice a motherfucker small enough to put in the garbage disposal.
    $600 and worth every damn dime.

Quote Originally Posted by HempKnight
    Yeah... like the fucknut that passed me doing 80 in a 25 mph school zone today... so glad there wasn't any kids out there.

As far as the cutlery, don't forget the ever extra fucking sharp Cutco... when you absolutely positvely have to slice and dice a motherfucker small enough to put in the garbage disposal.
    $600 and worth every damn dime.
    I almost got a job with cutco, but they didnt hire Me because I dont own a blazer. *

+ Reply to Thread