+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone like anime?

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Default Anyone like anime?

If so what are your favorites? have an recomendations?

My 3 favorites would have to be, Battle Angel, Samurai X (Director's Cut) & Serial Experiments Lain.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Default Re: Anyone like anime?

Boogiepop Phantom, Cowboy Bebop, Neon Genesis Evangelion

I like it, but dont have a favorite, though MegaMan rocks!

Morgan Hell 666's Avatar Junior Member

My favorites are Akira, Perfect Blue and The Dirty Pair. Cutey Honey and My Twin Dolls are cool too. I like seeing them on the big screen verses the tv.

OOOH Samurai X KENSHIN!! He's pretty hot. I didn't like the series so much. I like Hellsing, Excel Saga (because she's so cooky) Dragonhalf, Trigun, Cowboy Beebop, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Sailor Moon (yeah I suck), Azumanga Daioh, Akira, Vampire Hunter D, and some others. I like reading manga too! I enjoy reading Battle Royale (the novel is better), and Model. I also want to purchase some hentai, but haven't seen very many good ones.

ScarMeBeautiful's Avatar Senior Member

I like DBZ (Japanese), Sailor Moon, Utena, Excel Saga, Real Bout Highschool, Ninja Scroll, Monster City, Adventure Duo, Chobits, etc.

Anime?

Angel Sanctuary, Steel Angel Karumi, Fruits Basket, I My Me Strawbearry Eggs, Paper Sisters, Full Metal Alchmist, Star Ocean EX, Poilet Canadate, Ghost in a Shell, DNAngel...and a couple more.

Ya, when your a teenager with lots of free time, you tend to get hooked on these sorts of things.

~Roko

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Akira, ghost in the shell , Who likes Horny Bunnies?,Ghost Hunter D, and spirited away was prety cool to im also a big fan of all the mobile suit gundam series but i like the original the best, im a big fan of old anime like Astro boy , gatchaman, speed racer and macross

How is star ocean ex??? I didn't even think it was released yet?

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I like REAL anime...not the "Tied to a video game or toy line" crap. Based on Manga is one thing...based on a video game series is entirely diffrent. Too much of the stuff today is flashy,shallow, and pure nonsense. The fun it had is long dead so I stick to the 70's and 80's stuff mainly...I do like films from the 90's and a handful of series like Macross Plus, Dominion, Giant Robo, etc.

Not all that fond of the new stuff...though some great anime films are being made...series wise it's the same old bullshit.

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

i dont really watch the shows, i just like the pics my friend draws, i'd post some but for some reason i cant post any attachments.

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Elfen Lied.

i recently acquired the first thirteen episodes of this. there's a sick kind of fascination in the combination of cuteness and sudden, stark violence. telekinetic cat-girls tearing people's arms off, and so forth.

"I love how in this show, the cuter you are, the more fucked you're going to be by the end of the episode."
    - Censored Vagina discusses the anime "Elfen Lied"

oh, and Bible Black, too, if you can find it.
    Last edited by sheramil; 12-05-2004 at 07:07 PM. Reason: oh, i forgot!

Bible Black is rather funny. hentia isn't my thing though.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

you guys need to check out Boogiepop Phantom.... it's really good

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I'm a big fan of tenticle monsters! I loved the beginning of the Trigun series, but then it went to hell. Cowboy Bebop is amazing. Ninja Scroll and Macross are entertaining, along with Tank Police and Black Magic M66. Vampire Hunter Miyu is beatiful.

poison's Avatar Senior Member

i haven't been into anime for long but my 3 favourite films are blood:the last vampire, ghost in the shell and akira..and i love astro boy!

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Blood was good, and you have to love Akira. Ghost in the Shell I kinda thought was a little slow for my taste, but it looked pretty at times.

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    Ghost in the Shell I kinda thought was a little slow for my taste, but it looked pretty at times.
    yes. that's it exactly (let's take a few minutes from all the shooting and hacking for Major Kuzanagi to sail down a river with traditional Japanese singing in the background). the prequel series, Stand Alone Complex, is a little more fast-paced. Motoko Kuzanagi looks, to me, far more attractive than the wide-eyed store mannequin from the film. Aramaki almost looks human, too.

if you've read the manga you'll recall how the first few pages of each chapter were in fantastically detailed colour before switching to less detailed black and white. you get a slightly similar feeling watching the smoothly polished and rendered CGI intro followed by the traditional cel animation. well, traditional, there's a hell of a lot of CGI in that, too. i liked it enough to buy it, rather than spend a week bittorrenting it.

if there is a down-side to it: it's basically a cop show set in 2030. aren't there enough god-damned cop shows around as it is?

i would be raving in all-caps if the whole series was done to the standard of the CGI intro.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

hmm

Ghost in a Shell
    Inuyasha
    Serial Experiments Lain <3 <3

I really can't think right now... I think I need some sleep!
    Last edited by TheQuietPlace; 12-06-2004 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Spelled experiments wrong. I added an "e".

+ Reply to Thread