+ Reply to Thread

Thread: i need a new job

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

Default i need a new job

'lo everyone

i'm getting really pissed off temping in offices. any moron who sees my pentacle goes 'ooooh, are you jewish?' so i'm asking all you lovely people for career suggestions. oh yeah.

so, let me know what you suggest. pretty much anything will be considered so let your imagination run wild... har har har

snarf

vixta

Default Re: i need a new job

A Chef or Jewelry Maker?

i cook a mean steak, but thats about it. i could open a restaurant where everything is dead animal and is served on leetle headstones plantlife? nooo!

while i'm happy designing jewelry i can't see myself making it - i only design in silver and me + cyanide nooo

thanks though

I could suggest off some jobs that are completely off the wall, or downright perverted, if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by vixta
    'lo everyone

i'm getting really pissed off temping in offices. any moron who sees my pentacle goes 'ooooh, are you jewish?'
    snarf

vixta
    I hate when people do that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    I hate when people do that!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why? People get pissed off for silly reasons...if a person can't tell the diffrence between a pentacle and a star of david chances are they know little of both. Really how had would it be to say "No, I am not jewish...this is a pentacle..." then you can either leave it at that or explain to the person what it is.

Assuming they will see it as a negative is never the best course of action...you'd be surprised how many will react positively or even ask to learn more.

I always saw questions like that as a test/ ice breaker...if they get pissed at such a simple question or give you attitude for it...then they're not worth talking too.

Fundementalists of ANY faith are too easy too provoke...they are like ticking time bombs...dead set on one world view at the cost of anyone and anything while eternally playing the victim and blaming everyone else for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Why? People get pissed off for silly reasons...if a person can't tell the diffrence between a pentacle and a star of david chances are they know little of both. Really how had would it be to say "No, I am not jewish...this is a pentacle..." then you can either leave it at that or explain to the person what it is.

Assuming they will see it as a negative is never the best course of action...you'd be surprised how many will react positively or even ask to learn more.

I always saw questions like that as a test/ ice breaker...if they get pissed at such a simple question or give you attitude for it...then they're not worth talking too.

Fundementalists of ANY faith are too easy too provoke...they are like ticking time bombs...dead set on one world view at the cost of anyone and anything while eternally playing the victim and blaming everyone else for everything.

Especially since I am not of any Organized religion. Also, I never bothered to ask my mom the type of christian she is, since I dont really care. clerics of all faiths want to purge or cleanse, or excocise(sp) me for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire

ok - lets get one thing straight - i do not get offended by the question, nor the suggestion that i may be jewish. the thing that pisses me off is: when you work as a temp, you often work at a different place every week. you sometimes change job more frequently, so you have all the 'getting to know you' questions every week, of which the pentacle question is one. i don't have a spectacular hissey fit as soon as anyone comments - i do say 'it's a pentacle' or 'well, one point short' and if anyone asks me for any more detail then i will answer their questions, even comparing points which whatever they follow. it is not the question that annoys me, it is the frequency with which it is asked. I appreciate i didn't make this point clear in my original post.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

ok - lets get one thing straight - i do not get offended by the question, nor the suggestion that i may be jewish. the thing that pisses me off is: when you work as a temp, you often work at a different place every week. you sometimes change job more frequently, so you have all the 'getting to know you' questions every week, of which the pentacle question is one. i don't have a spectacular hissey fit as soon as anyone comments - i do say 'it's a pentacle' or 'well, one point short' and if anyone asks me for any more detail then i will answer their questions, even comparing points which whatever they follow. it is not the question that annoys me, it is the frequency with which it is asked. I appreciate i didn't make this point clear in my original post.
    Ok...thing is I was commenting on the comment made to your post...not your post itself.

I hate when people mistake religious symbols for other religious symbols.

'lo everyone

so, let me know what you suggest. pretty much anything will be considered so let your imagination run wild... har har har

vixta
    Teacher

Mascot

Sales Clerk

Tattoo Artist

Zoo Keeper

Park Ranger

Crossing Guard

Bartender

I have more suggestions.

Teacher
    lol - someone told me i should be an RE teacher - i am actually looking into it. the only problem is that i hate kids.

Mascot
    is this dressing up in a chicken suit for football matches?

Sales Clerk
    i am applying to work in a record store

Tattoo Artist
    i get the shakes really badly, so i'm not allowed

Zoo Keeper
    i must look into that - if i get it i'll send in a pic of me in my hat

Park Ranger
    no parks in the uk are big enough to warrant rangers

Crossing Guard
    Huh? what dat den?

Bartender
    another one to look into

I have more suggestions.
    let me know them

Horse Masturbatior- Was a joke, but there really is a job for that...

Now for the serious suggestions:

Bank Teller

Accountant

Lawyer

Nurse

Doctor

Paralegal

Tour Guide

DJ

Singer

Actress

hey all you sweeties

well, i have an interview for my local video store today - 10 minutes from my house whoo hooo.

i'm also applying for a job in a museum - damn cool. i'd be preparing the exhibits for display

anyway, cheers for your suggestions - i'll let you know how it goes

Looking at your profile you said your life calling was writing. So Do that. Or you could be a VW mechanic. Then you would have your dream ride. fuckit do what you want. There is only one life so make it your own. Why would you spend your time temping in an office when the clock is ticking. All you are doing is wasting your energy doing stupid stuff for assholes. I think you should waste your energy doing what you want to. Yes everyone needs money thats the hard part of all this. But I belive if you do what you love money will follow. Just hang it up with crappy dead end jobs and stop and smell every friggin rose on your road. If you want to see what I do go to my website

write mfer write!

koolagh's Avatar Resident Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    Especially since I am not of any Organized religion. Also, I never bothered to ask my mom the type of christian she is, since I dont really care. clerics of all faiths want to purge or cleanse, or excocise(sp) me for some reason.
    That is not true, I myself am a legally ordained minister and I do not want to convert, exorcise or try to change you in any way.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by koolagh
    That is not true, I myself am a legally ordained minister and I do not want to convert, exorcise or try to change you in any way.
    Few really do these days...the days of Missionary Priests are on the decline. Though you still find them goign to nearly every hell hole and 3rd world nation they are increasingly unwanted and rarely trusted. This is mainly due to said nations not wanting a political uprising through the use of religion...plus it just dosen't work anymore. People are not THAT trusting anymore in matters of faith.

Though one has to admit the idea of it has spawned in news ways...if you want to see MODERN "Missionary Tactics" just open your email account...SPAM along with "Guilt Trip Sales Tactics" are totally an evolution of what religious missionaries once did.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I sooooooooooooooooooo can relate. I used to do contract design and corporate presentation work, a lot of which meant I had to be on site in some office where they knew my agency and not me and there were just certain questions that did not seem annoying the first five million times they were asked, but that five million and first time . . . ooh boy chalk squeaking on a blackboard!

Quote Originally Posted by spooksy
    Looking at your profile you said your life calling was writing. So Do that. Or you could be a VW mechanic. Then you would have your dream ride. fuckit do what you want. There is only one life so make it your own. Why would you spend your time temping in an office when the clock is ticking. All you are doing is wasting your energy doing stupid stuff for assholes. I think you should waste your energy doing what you want to. Yes everyone needs money thats the hard part of all this. But I belive if you do what you love money will follow. Just hang it up with crappy dead end jobs and stop and smell every friggin rose on your road. If you want to see what I do go to my website

write mfer write!
    I do write - www.geocities.com/worklovelifemisc

i'm just in a shitty situation - at the moment i'm unemployed, broke and worried about the electric bill. I spent 4 years just writing, but i have dental pain and £42 per week doesn't keep me online or in typewriter ribbon. so i have to work - and if you don't have experience of a lot of voices it is almost impossible to do decent dialogue (for me, anyway).

a bouncer at a club
    Orderly at a nursing home
    Good ole factory jobs
    Personal assistant
    Or
    Just be a bum..
    Make your own hours
    Take vacation whenever you want.
    Live life as you want to ..
    Only without things like
    A place to live
    food to eat well you get the picture

Dont give up there is a job out there waiting for you....

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I say you become a Cult Leader...takes some work but in the end it's pretty cool.

Well provided you don't go all Waco an shit.

Quote Originally Posted by -=Asmodeus=-
    Live life as you want to ..
    Only without things like
    A place to live
    food to eat well you get the picture
    10 Years and 15 countries later.

Livin a life that I cant leave behind.

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by koolagh
    Also Ordained and licensed and I agree...I am always down for a good exorcisim though

I liked your writing. I didnt read it all but I did read some. I know it is hard to leave all of the comforts of everyday life to follow your dreams.
    its been so long I forgot if it was my choice to make. I also hate my job and have thought of changing it. But it comes in waves for me sometimes I hate going out there pasting on a fake smile and throwing out the same one liners that dont make me laugh anymore. But othre times I wake up and dont know where I am and dont speak the language and think to myself I have the greatest job in the world. I do still think that work is more evil than Jesus.

I've bummed cigarettes off people on 4 continents!

and after all that there might be another job offer around the corner...

a tv show tried to call me when i was out - big brothers e-forums. so maybe... i should email them those pictures of my 'dirty pillows' har har har. at least it would get their attention.

i've got a new job har har har. it's only for 2 days but i'm getting paid £8.00 an hour. i am demonstrating BREAD in a supermarket ha ha har haaa ha hha har har har hee haho HAR

would you like a slice of our new product?

+ Reply to Thread