+ Reply to Thread

Thread: lacey peterson trial

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

Default lacey peterson trial

for those who havent heard of this....

lacy peterson was 8 months pregnant, her husband murdered her and her unborn child (who was already named), and dumped her in a lake. he was found guilty and given the death sentence.

heres the part that pisses me off, his sister in-law (his brothers wife), wants the courts to give him mercy, because he is "a kind and considerate" person?!?!?!?!?

ur thought?

Default Re: lacey peterson trial

Why is this news?

kind and considerate... all killing aside

Assuming he is guilty, I would be surprised if some family member or friend didn't step up for him. When someone you care about does something bad, even horrible, you want to believe that they aren't that wicked. This woman probably hung out, went to barbecues, and spent some time as part of his family. At that point, after you have known someone as a friend, how do you just turn that of and decide he is a monster? It's why every time a murder gets arrested there is a crying mother saying "my sone is a good boy", you can't just turn it off.

And why is it so important this guy gets the death penalty? There are too many murders more heinous that get overlooked because the victim is not as newsworthy, why is Peterson the big deal? I'd rather save the death penalty for repeat offenders so it has some impact.

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

he deserved everything he got and as far as I'm concerned they should do to him what he did to Lacey and Conner. You have to be one sick, disgusting fuck to do something like that, not only to murder your own wife, but your unborn child. I wish they'd send him to my house for one day, just one day, i'd make Loraina Bobbet and Lizzie Borden look like fucking saints after i got done with the asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by morbid_lady
    for those who havent heard of this....

lacy peterson was 8 months pregnant, her husband murdered her and her unborn child (who was already named), and dumped her in a lake. he was found guilty and given the death sentence.

heres the part that pisses me off, his sister in-law (his brothers wife), wants the courts to give him mercy, because he is "a kind and considerate" person?!?!?!?!?

ur thought?
    I actually live in Modesto (where Scott and Laci were from). It's kinda weird to see all this attention about the case. It's also weird when people say: "Now Modesto can have some closure." As crappy as it sounds most people don't seem to care.
    I'm not really in support of the death penalty at all. So I kinda think that he shoulda gotten mercy. But I sometimes question his guilt. As much as I've tried avoiding the whole thing everytime someone is interviewed on Larry King they always talk about how his family is just detached. That's how their personality is. That's why he didn't have a strong reaction. Sometimes it seems like that's what he was found guilty of; being apathetic. I'm not saying he's innocent nor am I saying he's not sleaze, he's a major slime ball. I simply question why the jury found him guilty. He'd have to be awfully stupid to murder his wife and dump her body that way. At worst he probably hired some dumbass morons to kill her. I hardly believe he would do it himself. Maybe he did...whatever though. Just my $0.02.

Quote Originally Posted by jynxed hero
    I actually live in Modesto (where Scott and Laci were from). It's kinda weird to see all this attention about the case. It's also weird when people say: "Now Modesto can have some closure." As crappy as it sounds most people don't seem to care.
    I'm not really in support of the death penalty at all. So I kinda think that he shoulda gotten mercy. But I sometimes question his guilt. As much as I've tried avoiding the whole thing everytime someone is interviewed on Larry King they always talk about how his family is just detached. That's how their personality is. That's why he didn't have a strong reaction. Sometimes it seems like that's what he was found guilty of; being apathetic. I'm not saying he's innocent nor am I saying he's not sleaze, he's a major slime ball. I simply question why the jury found him guilty. He'd have to be awfully stupid to murder his wife and dump her body that way. At worst he probably hired some dumbass morons to kill her. I hardly believe he would do it himself. Maybe he did...whatever though. Just my $0.02.
    ok like look at it this way. what if you were like her parents or someone close to her? wouldn't you want some closure and want him to die. i mean if they even do kill him, he's gonna go peacfully, they'll give him a shot and he'll go to sleep. big fucking whoop. He wont even feel close to what her and the baby had to feel.

Quote Originally Posted by suicidal_tendencies
    ok like look at it this way. what if you were like her parents or someone close to her? wouldn't you want some closure and want him to die. i mean if they even do kill him, he's gonna go peacfully, they'll give him a shot and he'll go to sleep. big fucking whoop. He wont even feel close to what her and the baby had to feel.
    It is a hard line to tow, what sort of punishment is appropriate for such a cruel crime but as his lawyer said, "death would be easier on him. He'll spend the rest of his life in a small jail cell. He'll one day hear, 'your father died and after that he'll hear your mother died.' and nothing more. He'll never get to leave." In that way death is too good for him.

But you're right, I'm not part of the family. It's not really my place. Their desires are paramount. It's just I'm not a death penalty person. (I actually don't mind that it exists... I just don't support it. I don't have a super strong opinion on it.)

Quote Originally Posted by jynxed hero
    It is a hard line to tow, what sort of punishment is appropriate for such a cruel crime but as his lawyer said, "death would be easier on him. He'll spend the rest of his life in a small jail cell. He'll one day hear, 'your father died and after that he'll hear your mother died.' and nothing more. He'll never get to leave." In that way death is too good for him.

But you're right, I'm not part of the family. It's not really my place. Their desires are paramount. It's just I'm not a death penalty person. (I actually don't mind that it exists... I just don't support it. I don't have a super strong opinion on it.)
    I don't believe in killing people for justice, usually. But in this case it involved a child, an unborn baby to be exact. As a parent myself, I'm sorry but that shit just don't fly with me.
    I do see your point though about him having to be in jail, but I'd rather they killed him so he could go to hell and suffer for all eternity, sooner then if we all just waited for him to die of old age.
    Either way he's a dead man. Killing kids don't fly in prison. He'll be lucky if he makes it a year, before some big boy named "bubba" ass ***** him to death.

Everyone's kind and considerate in their own right... but he shuld still be punished. I think jail for life, WITH the option for parole. I'm a firm believer in rehabilitation, however naive that sounds... but it really depends on the background of the guy, too... if he has a violent past, take away parole.

adorn_shadow's Avatar Senior Member

Meh I dont neccesarily agree with the death penalty, it seems like a quick and easy way to dispense of someone, and isnt murdering one person just as bad as another regardless of the circumstances. However letting them rot away in a prison sounds like a little more fun however it is a great waste of resources....(tax dollars) and whop wants to waste tax dollars on a peice of shit like that. I like englands old theory ship em off to an island (no offense to the current residents of australia) however that way they are of no use to anyone and no burden on tax dollars. Felons would eventually kill each other off and/or die of starvation. This would be a kick ass way to deal with hunks of crap like that. Or put them to work in a prison like enviroment. (factory in a prison) which could sustain itself financially. These methods would abolish the death penalty and simply put these fuckers to work, for the rest of their lives with nothing to ever hope for, no ambitions can be acheived and at that point they are simply a drone. If they want to end their own lives then that is their own discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by adorn_shadow
    Meh I dont neccesarily agree with the death penalty, it seems like a quick and easy way to dispense of someone, and isnt murdering one person just as bad as another regardless of the circumstances. However letting them rot away in a prison sounds like a little more fun however it is a great waste of resources....(tax dollars) and whop wants to waste tax dollars on a peice of shit like that. I like englands old theory ship em off to an island (no offense to the current residents of australia) however that way they are of no use to anyone and no burden on tax dollars. Felons would eventually kill each other off and/or die of starvation. This would be a kick ass way to deal with hunks of crap like that. Or put them to work in a prison like enviroment. (factory in a prison) which could sustain itself financially. These methods would abolish the death penalty and simply put these fuckers to work, for the rest of their lives with nothing to ever hope for, no ambitions can be acheived and at that point they are simply a drone. If they want to end their own lives then that is their own discretion.
    America at times is a very illogical nation. It costs more to execute a person because of the legal issues. They automatically have to have an appeal. Not only that but it takes years to execute someone. It's really stupid.

why can't it just be like in the movie "escape from LA" you know the one with kurt russel? *quivers* sorry. send them over to an island give em guns and drugs, and let em have a ball. they'd all eventually either get shot or die of an overdose? that would be kinda cool i guess. especially if kurt russel is there. lol

Quote Originally Posted by suicidal_tendencies
    why can't it just be like in the movie "escape from LA" you know the one with kurt russel? *quivers* sorry. send them over to an island give em guns and drugs, and let em have a ball. they'd all eventually either get shot or die of an overdose? that would be kinda cool i guess. especially if kurt russel is there. lol
    Ahh that is awesome.

wouldn't that be? kinda scary though.

Meh It would bvecome a survival of the strongest/smartest. And knowing the american army they would watch their rudimentary combat styles and probably recruit them for some crazy bogus suicide mission and the convict would succeed on;ly after realizing that he has been wasting his life and he owuld want to turn his life around and then the us government would grant him freedom and he would live happily ever after. Wait A Second that sounds like vin diesel in XXX I suck.

lol. mmmmmmmmm, vin diesel *drooling* oh uh, hi. ok bye

He sucks

he's hot. he's all muscley..... and hes tan. ooh baby *over exaggerating*

I am a guy however I can somewhat appreciate another good looking male. like johnny depp my girlfreind is always like hes hot and I can understand that, Davey havok, christ I think he is good looking, but vin deisel what a big ugly dumb bastard! lol

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Scott Peterson deserves a few good ass rapings which, he wont get on death row not to mention know he gets another chance to get off the hook somehow because of his appeal the death penalty is really fucking stupid i say they bring back gladiatorial combat

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    Scott Peterson deserves a few good ass rapings which, he wont get on death row not to mention know he gets another chance to get off the hook somehow because of his appeal the death penalty is really fucking stupid i say they bring back gladiatorial combat
    It'd be closer to that if he was released to the prison public. I'm sure a lot of those guys are more than willing to shank him...in more than one way.

So, where was this outcry when Gary Leon Ridgway was caught? You know the guy who admitted to the 48 murders he could remember. Don't his victim's families deserve closure?

I come back to my question every time this case gets brought up, compared to other murderers in california, why is it so important that Peterson get the death penalty?

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe_Post_Mortem
    So, where was this outcry when Gary Leon Ridgway was caught? You know the guy who admitted to the 48 murders he could remember. Don't his victim's families deserve closure?

I come back to my question every time this case gets brought up, compared to other murderers in california, why is it so important that Peterson get the death penalty?
    He's not. You're talking about the Green River (something like that) killer, right? He killed a lot of prostitutes and stuff, right?

Peterson isn't. It was Christmas and his wife was pregnant. It was titilating and it was a good way for Congressmen to score points by passing that law. It's not the number. It's the packaging. Any moron could cover the story and how tragic it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe_Post_Mortem

I've never heard about that? maybe I'll go do some much needed research.

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

Here is the sad thing. If Scott hadn't got the death penalty...he would of been dead within a year of being in the normal prison population...you see, you can murder your wife....but even inmates have kids..and anyone who commits crimes against kids doesn't last long in prison. Now that he got the death sentence...he will sit in a cell by hisself for the next 15-20 years eating up tax dollars and jacking off...probalbly sharing pen pal letters/photos with some rich depsperate woman who will support his next decade happily. ..Where is the justice in that?

Quote Originally Posted by CarnalxKiss
    Here is the sad thing. If Scott hadn't got the death penalty...he would of been dead within a year of being in the normal prison population...you see, you can murder your wife....but even inmates have kids..and anyone who commits crimes against kids doesn't last long in prison. Now that he got the death sentence...he will sit in a cell by hisself for the next 15-20 years eating up tax dollars and jacking off...probalbly sharing pen pal letters/photos with some rich depsperate woman who will support his next decade happily. ..Where is the justice in that?
    It's a toss up in the end. Nothing is ever a really appropriate punishment for a murder. It could never really be enough.

CorporateGoth's Avatar Devout follower of Bob

Quote Originally Posted by CarnalxKiss
    Too true... Once again, the criminal justice system makes a mockery of itself.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CorporateGoth
    Too true... Once again, the criminal justice system makes a mockery of itself.
    Exactly. He will live along with people like Richard Allan Davis who ***** and killed the 12 year old cousin of a friend of mine. I'll have to admit, it is hard for me to be objective sometimes about California jurisprudence. It has really let us down.

OEC

I guess this became the death penalty section... Just to drop a line since I was passing through... Death is really the way to go with criminals. I don't care too much for punishment (unless, ahem, it is in a certain context - wink). I would simply rather see that the bad person is out of the midst of the good people forever. I know that's a little black and white, but that's me =>

+ Reply to Thread