+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Requiem for a dream..

Default Requiem for a dream..

who here has seen Requiem for a Dream? What did you think about it??

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Requiem for a dream..

its my favorite movie, darren aronofsky (sp?) is a brilliant director!

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

its an awesome movie it was good enough fore me to actualy buy the dvd

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I liked it the first time I saw it...then like Pi IFC (or Sundance) played it over and over untill it became the Die Hard of the indie film scene...if I never see it again I will consider myself blessed.

TheWalkingGlitch's Avatar Si vis pacem, para bellum

Downloaded it and liked it, though not enough to pay for it. Deleted it to free up hard disk space and I'm not really that choked up that it's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by bre.star
    its my favorite movie, darren aronofsky (sp?) is a brilliant director!
    he is brillant have you seen Pie??

GasmaskGirl's Avatar Senior Member
    Ottawa Ontario, Canada (actually born in Saskatchewan Canada)

Good movie, good book.

The movie was alright... a little strange, which just added to it, and the cinematography was brilliant!

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN THE GUY WENT BACK IN TIME TO THE WOMB AND STRANGLED HIMSELF WITH HIS OWN UMBILICAL CORD!

whoops. wrong film.
    Last edited by sheramil; 12-06-2004 at 04:36 PM. Reason: i'm an imbecile.

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

That movie was far too close to some actual life happenings I've had and I wasn't really able to enjoy it at all. I watched it once and that was way more than enough.

HelenaHotpants's Avatar Exception, not the rule

Quote Originally Posted by Nudemuse
    That movie was far too close to some actual life happenings I've had and I wasn't really able to enjoy it at all. I watched it once and that was way more than enough.
    With you 100% on that Nudie (like always. Great minds think alike).

Though my fridge never came alive, I swear that my vaporizer did try to snap my leg off. The blue top hitting against the water filled base as it bubbled and steamed at me. It was coming for me!

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    he is brillant have you seen Pie??
    i saw pi, it was deffinetly brilliant, but nothing compared to requiem. pi was very slow paced and i HATE math, but the way it was made was awesome, and he gets my respect because it was low budget and he had to just use friends as crew and actors...but yah, all in all i didnt like it. the first time i watched it i fell asleep. the second time i watched it (to give it a second try) i still got bored out of my mind.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I thought it was stupid. a drug movie that shows how shitty drugs are. Yawn. can we say cliched? a much better movie is Trainspotting, it's about a heroin adict that has a happy ending! that you don't see coming, that's why it's much better, the whole movie takes something negative and turns it into a postive. it's the difference between subtley, and hitting you over the head with a point that we allready know.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    I thought it was stupid. a drug movie that shows how shitty drugs are. Yawn. can we say cliched? a much better movie is Trainspotting, it's about a heroin adict that has a happy ending! that you don't see coming, that's why it's much better, the whole movie takes something negative and turns it into a postive. it's the difference between subtley, and hitting you over the head with a point that we allready know.
    yeah but if you really think about it how many drug dealers come out clean and happy cant say you have seen much?? well I cant I think it is reality and shit like that happends all the damn time in this fucked up place we call our home land... well thats just my thought...

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Never saw Requiem or Trainspotting as jsut "Drug movies"...both go into a lot of interesting areas with drugs as a backdrop. Trainspotting is the superiour film for a variety of reasons though (acting, directing, use of music, script, editing, and overall creativity)...Requiem is really more about addiction to unhealthy ideas in genreral...not just drugs. Be it the old woman and her image of a perfect family via TV and the friends dream of wealth via selling drugs...the best bit is that they stayed in the same lil hole in the wall no matter what amount of cash they had.

Really the film is more about the old woman with the young crowd as pretty eye candy...

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Never saw Requiem or Trainspotting as jsut "Drug movies"...both go into a lot of interesting areas with drugs as a backdrop. Trainspotting is the superiour film for a variety of reasons though (acting, directing, use of music, script, editing, and overall creativity)...Requiem is really more about addiction to unhealthy ideas in genreral...not just drugs. Be it the old woman and her image of a perfect family via TV and the friends dream of wealth via selling drugs...the best bit is that they stayed in the same lil hole in the wall no matter what amount of cash they had.

Really the film is more about the old woman with the young crowd as pretty eye candy...
    Have you read Trainspotting? It was way better than the movie. A bit hard to read until you get used to the language but very worth it.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Nudemuse
    Have you read Trainspotting? It was way better than the movie. A bit hard to read until you get used to the language but very worth it.
    I read it around the time the film first came out...and in this case the film is much more approachable and hits harder in a shorter time frame. It's a solid film...the book is a classc as well that's a must read just for the style and tone of it...the language is the highlight really. Then again I'm fond of it to begin with.

The film really boosted sales of the book in many areas if I remember correctly..same with the authors other works.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    I read it around the time the film first came out...and in this case the film is much more approachable and hits harder in a shorter time frame. It's a solid film...the book is a classc as well that's a must read just for the style and tone of it...the language is the highlight really. Then again I'm fond of it to begin with.

The film really boosted sales of the book in many areas if I remember correctly..same with the authors other works.
    I agree. Although at the time I read the book first and was really dragging my feet about seeing the movie. I'm very persnickity about film versions of things but the film in this case did the book justice. I've read a few of his books and enjoyed them.

+ Reply to Thread