+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Diet Water?

Default Diet Water?

Was in a store the other day, and walked by some bottles that said Diet Water.

Not stuff like Gatorade, Propel, or any other special type of fitness water, but something that said Diet water.

What do you think of this?**

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Diet Water?

?????
    last time i checked water doesnt have anything in it cept minerals....
    i'm confused...:S

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by morbid_lady
    ?????
    last time i checked water doesnt have anything in it cept minerals....
    i'm confused...:S
    I'd bet money people will buy it anyways

OEC

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

yep, i still find it sad that ppl pay for bottled water

Well, in this area, the water is filthy, disgusting, polluted and contaminated. **

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

It would be possible that it had some sort of diarrhetic ingredient, like watter with caffine, etc. That could potentially make it qualify as diet.

I didnt notice any other ingredients other than water on the lable, but if I find it again, then I will try to check to make sure. **

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    I didnt notice any other ingredients other than water on the lable, but if I find it again, then I will try to check to make sure. **
    i local soda manufacturer in my town put out something like that as a joke and it sold really well at some of the places tey put it up fpr sale it could be something like that

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

hehe im drinking bottled water right now

HelenaHotpants's Avatar Exception, not the rule

Actually found an article about this thanks. Its not so much no calorie etc water. Its water with supplements for weight loss. But again, people will buy anything.

http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/...-drinks-expand

Diet drinks expand category boundaries

5/27/2003 - Cambridge Marketing Group is introducing two new ‘designer’ beverages this summer called Skinny Water and Diet Water. The company claims the drinks will create a new fashionable beverage category, taking share from the fast-growing energy drinks market.

"Extensive taste research with consumers and customers has convinced us that Skinny Water and Diet Water will revolutionize the energy drink market and create an enjoyable way to diet," said Jean-Marie Boustani, president of the Cambridge Marketing Group.
    The company says that the products will also capture share in the traditional diet shake, diet cola and designer water categories.

The new drinks with bright colored neon labels are aimed at consumers in their twenties because they are more likely to try something different, especially nutraceutical beverages targeted at those trying to lose weight.

The new beverages contain a natural appetite suppressant called Super CitriMax, a water extract made from the fruit rind of the South Asian Garcinia Cambogia tree which is said to offer feelings of satiety and prevents carbohydrates from being absorbed. It also contains HCA, a plant extract that reduces appetite and inhibits the production of fat, optimizes metabolism, fat burning and endurance.

"One of our goals in the creation of the diet duo is meeting the needs of today's consumers who are increasingly interested in balancing health, taste and weight loss," added Boustani.

The drinks, made by Peace Mountain Natural Beverages, also contain vitamins and electrolyte minerals.

I passed a restaurant in Tewksbury MA that had a mcDonalds like sign "over one million served"... Only it read... "We do not use the local water"...

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Our water seems to be going in the other direction. We now have Wellness and Energy water.

Before anyone gets too excited about this I picked up this from a wieght loss website.

In a double-blind study published in the 1998, issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association, researchers from Columbia University gave HCA supplements (1,500 milligrams each day) to 66 overweight patients. Another 69 patients took a daily placebo or dummy pill.

All of the subjects were on a high-fiber, low-calorie diet throughout the study.

Twelve weeks later, patients in both groups had lost weight, but researchers concluded that HCA failed to produce significant weight loss.
    As far as selling the stuff, I am torn between the idea that if you are willing to belive one water is better than another for loosing wieght, you deserve what you get and the idea that they are using misleading marketing. People will likely see results because they will be drinking more water (which does help wieght loss), so it is unlikely we will see real complaints. But an art teacher once told e that anyone who can convince someone a bottle of water is worth $5 deserves every penny.

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    It would be possible that it had some sort of diarrhetic ingredient, like watter with caffine, etc. That could potentially make it qualify as diet.

i can see it now: the Cholera Diet.

ewww.

a while ago, i saw bottled water with a sign on the shelf edge promoting it as "FAT FREE!"

nowadays, they do the same thing, only the sign says "ZERO CARBS!"
    (oddly enough, they've put the same sign over the butter.)

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

you know what i just saw an ad for CAFFINATED BUDWEISER with ginsing and gaurana extracts WHAT THE FUCK isnt alchohol supposed to make you relax why the fuck would anyone buy this shit i can see more promotion now: TRY NEW ENERGY BEER!!!!!! i hope that add was just some kind of joke ill check on it right now

HelenaHotpants's Avatar Exception, not the rule

I guess they figure with all the kids doing vodka and red bulls, they might as well try to cash in on the dance crowd with a cheaper drink but that will keep you shaking your groove thing all night long.

Nothing surprises me anymore. If you can make money from it, someone will come up with it.

Diet Water = Seems like a Gimmick to Me, but I have yet to find it again.**

TheWalkingGlitch's Avatar Si vis pacem, para bellum

This reminds me very much of something I saw in a store once circa 1999. Y2K compliant jumper cables. At the time, I was unsure as to whether it was dumbass marketing, or clever marketing aimed at dumbasses. The Y2K compliant ones cost about $10 more, so that answered that question.

+ Reply to Thread