+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Earlobe Stretching

adorn_shadow's Avatar Senior Member

Default Earlobe Stretching

Hey, I am currently trying to stretch my ears out I got them peirced about a month ago and I started stretching them today I got it from a 12 gauge to about a 7 gauge and it hurt like holy hell the other one I could only get up to about a 9.5 gauge before my legs gave out and I wanted to puke on my self. Any tips on lube to use ( I was using vaseline) and how long it should take?

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Default Re: Earlobe Stretching

*shaking head*

Why would you do that to your body? In order to prevent blowouts and scar tissue, and to make future stretchings easier, you need to take it SLOW! Quite frankly, and I hate to offend you, but what you did to yourself is stupid! What is the rush? If you want to have no troubles with stretching in the future, you need to STOP what you are doing now and allow your ears to heal back up to a 10g. I dont know what part of the world you are in, but standard guages in any shop (US) are even numbers (ie 12,10,8,6,4,2,0,00 and so on), as well as the jewelry. So if you are at a 7g, you will have to put a smaller size in (8), or get it to a 6. A 9.5g youd have to put in a 10. From what you described, you put your body into shock. I dont know why people are so out to do things like this.

Stretch SLOWLY, put in a 10 and let them heal. Give them time. Itll probably take about a month to fully heal them from this mess. Once you can slightly pull down on the jewelry and see daylight through your ear, you are ready to stretch again. Go to an 8. Keep doing that, and do not force your ears to do something they cannot do. Blowouts are nasty looking, and quite painful.

Alrighty, yeah it hurt quite a bit, and figured that it wasn't right. I got them peirced at 12 gauge and I let em heal for a month they didnt hurt to pull on at all or lie on. Then i tried to put these through and i figured I would beable to go right through with them and I normally have a pretty good tolerence for pain so it didnt hurt too much but this was alot of pain. So I decided to stop and refer to the great world of the internet, thank you very much for the advice which I have since heeded!
    (I'm a tattoo guy not much of a peircing guy.)

Thanks Again Jax!

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

when it comes to piercings jax is probably the best person to ask for advice

Yeah he sure seems to know what he is talking about And I am forever greatful cuz this really hurt! Can some one .... ok Jax could you explain to me what a blow out is?

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Quote Originally Posted by adorn_shadow
    Yeah he sure seems to know what he is talking about And I am forever greatful cuz this really hurt! Can some one .... ok Jax could you explain to me what a blow out is?
    jax is a girl

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Alrighty, yeah it hurt quite a bit, and figured that it wasn't right. I got them peirced at 12 gauge and I let em heal for a month they didnt hurt to pull on at all or lie on. Then i tried to put these through and i figured I would beable to go right through with them and I normally have a pretty good tolerence for pain so it didnt hurt too much but this was alot of pain. So I decided to stop and refer to the great world of the internet, thank you very much for the advice which I have since heeded!
    (I'm a tattoo guy not much of a peircing guy.)

Thanks Again Jax!
    Sorry for the blunt manner of my first response, I just hear of this all the time, and being as active as I am in piercing and body mods, I get a bit upset. So sorry if anything offended you.

So, what Id do if i were you is get some 10g jewelry, put them in and let your ears heal up completely. Even if you can see daylight through them, give them another 2 weeks to fully heal. After that, go one guage at a time. So from the 10 attempt an 8, and so on. Right now to help you heal, you should look into getting some tea tree oil soap. Its all natural and promotes tissue healing, and can stop any infection. Youll probably be in some pain, and have some swelling, so if you can take an asprin or ibuprofin for the first couple of days, thatll help the pressure and reduce some of the swelling. Did you cause any blood to break the surface? if so, do not touch the area unless you thoroughly wash your hands. And try not to mess with them so much, because you will just irritate them and keep ripping regenerating tissue. If you prefer not to do the tea tree soap, any antibacterial soap will be ok, just make sure you rinse very well as to not leave any soap residue.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. Ill help you as much as I can;]

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Lol, as was pointed out Im a chick;]

A blow out is when a tear occurs and causes scarring. Its normally very bloody and can cause keloiding. Pretty much, its ripping your ear, either one big rip or multiple little ones and will cause scarring, when healed it looks like a really wrinkly anus;p Thats the best way I can describe it. I have no blow outs and when my jewelry is out (Im at 5/8 inches) my holes are smooth and it just looks like a hole. You might have seen someone when they take them out, and they look really scarred up and wrinkly...uneven...which in the future will affect placement when you stretch your lobes. So you could have one with very little lobe underneath, and one thats further to the back and so on.

Ahhh ok I now see. As for blood not at first. but when I took a nap and woke up there was a little bit of blood scabbed around it. I mean a really little bit. I have been using natural goats milk soap for my ears since I got 'em pierced.....oh and sorry about the he, your a she, I gotta start checking profiles lol

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

yeah, if you do more than 2 gs upgrade, it's gonna hurt. obviously the bigger the stretch, the more the pain. if you're not in a hurry, and you only do one guage at a time, it shouldn't hurt at all, or at least very minimally. but there really is no rush. the biggest stretch i did was from a 10 to a 2 and that hurt a lot! I couldn't hardly do it on the other ear and my freinds were like here let me do it, and then yanked it and pulled it through, it fucking hurt... but yeah, everyday i'd wake up and my ears would be crusty with blood, the only time they bled was when I went from a 2 to a 0, and I think I caused a slight tear cuz blood and ear fluid was all dripping out once, it was gross, and now there's a little lump of scar tissue there, fortunetly you can't see it, but I you press on the tissue you can feel it. : / but yah, like jax said, the best advice is just to take it slow and easy.
    oh yeah, and I used neosporin for lube, it worked pretty well, and it helps it heal and fight infection too, so that's what i'd recomend.

oh yeah, out of curiosity, what are you using to stretch them?

Black Talon Thinggys they got form a 16 i think to a 4

Thanks everyone Soo much for the help!

yeah, those are nice. I come from the ghetto school of DIY. I peirced my ears with a safety pin and then used nails, and paintbrushes and pens to stretch em. It's hoboxcore. haha. I once saw a homeless gal that used pencils in her ear, but I wouldn't recomend that, I see bad things happening there.

lol like paint chips and slivers?

yeah, and graphite in your bloodstream. fun.

ohh yikes! go old skool with an ancient pencil and get lead in your blood stream! YAY!

that would make a good topic: DIY body mods gone wrong! like my freind that did a prison tat and got mild ink poisoning. he thought the trip was cool, so he just chilled out on the couch and watched tv. kids these days...

LMFAO! thats funny! I knwo a few guys who have gotten hugew prison tats and ended up in the hole for like a week because of them!

+ Reply to Thread