+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever seen a ghost?

koolagh's Avatar Resident Barbarian

Default Re: Have you ever seen a ghost?

Quote Originally Posted by Belladonna
    what do these Coush-Mahr things do when they sit on you.stil your breath or life or what. i don't want to see one of those.
    They steal your breath, thereby stealing your life force. Stephen King had a movie back in the late eighties (cant remember the name of it) that was a compilation of short stories involving a cat. The creature in the final scene was a coush-mahr.

Poltergeist?

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by koolagh
    They steal your breath, thereby stealing your life force. Stephen King had a movie back in the late eighties (cant remember the name of it) that was a compilation of short stories involving a cat. The creature in the final scene was a coush-mahr.
    wasn't that "cat's eye"? i love that movie. those things are real? wow you learn something new every day.

CeruleanFire's Avatar Senior Member

I had never even heard that term before. nice to know

I was lying in bed one night with my girlfriend at the tyme.. and she woke up and shook me I woke up and she said there was someone in the house. So I got up and grabbed my broken pool cue from beside my bed and went to the living room....There in the faint light was the outline of a man. I yelled get out of my house he turned toward me and I could see the Television right through him...
    He started comming toward me with his arms out like he was goin to grab me and I swung the cue at him and he disapeared...The room was very cold and I was phreaking out.

I have seen this very same man about 3 times now...He doesnt reach out for me anymore he mostly just stands there and watches me or he will walk around the room a while and disapear.

It still gives me the creeps a lil but I guess we have learned to live with each other...I call him Guido...I havent found out if anyone has ever died here or anything like that so I cant really explain why Guido is here....

But thats my story

Quote Originally Posted by -=Asmodeus=-
    I was lying in bed one night with my girlfriend at the tyme.. and she woke up and shook me I woke up and she said there was someone in the house. So I got up and grabbed my broken pool cue from beside my bed and went to the living room....There in the faint light was the outline of a man. I yelled get out of my house he turned toward me and I could see the Television right through him...
    He started comming toward me with his arms out like he was goin to grab me and I swung the cue at him and he disapeared...The room was very cold and I was phreaking out.

I have seen this very same man about 3 times now...He doesnt reach out for me anymore he mostly just stands there and watches me or he will walk around the room a while and disapear.

It still gives me the creeps a lil but I guess we have learned to live with each other...I call him Guido...I havent found out if anyone has ever died here or anything like that so I cant really explain why Guido is here....

But thats my story
    I probably would have been hiding under the bed

Quote Originally Posted by CeruleanFire
    I probably would have been hiding under the bed

Its definatly a scary thing but I live with him...Some friends of mine that have seen him will not even come to my house anymore..

Some other weird things that Guido has done is I left my windows open one day and went to work....and it started to rain and I was thinkin great now my carpet it goin to be wet ,,,,but when I got home my windows were all shut and locked....I have never locked my windows.. and I know I left them open that morning.

Its definatly a scary thing but I live with him...Some friends of mine that have seen him will not even come to my house anymore..

Some other weird things that Guido has done is I left my windows open one day and went to work....and it started to rain and I was thinkin great now my carpet it goin to be wet ,,,,but when I got home my windows were all shut and locked....I have never locked my windows.. and I know I left them open that morning.
    at least hes considerate.

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

we have people that wont stay the night in our house. they see things. or feel things. my hall light keeps turning off at the bulb switch not the wall switch. very bad when you have kids. they like light.

heres something to look at if your bored, or like looking for ghosts, without having to leave your computer. Yes, I have a boring life :p http://www.chatcamcity.com/Ghost-Cam.htm

nausiatingpain's Avatar Senior Member

I don't believe in ghosts, the afterlife, UFOs, bigfoot, or any of that stuff, but I did have an experiece like 12 or so years ago that made me wonder. I'm not sure if it was a hallucination or what, but for a split second I thought I saw my freshly dead grandfather's reflection in the mirror, standing behind me. I'm in denial about the incident. :-)

Well Guido the ghost that haunts this place I live in is back...I havent seen him for about a week but he came lastnight and scared the hell outa my girlfriend...
    We were sitting on the couch watchin a movie..And I went to the kitchen and when I turned off the lights and started walkin back toward the couch she said he was standing behind me at the window lookin at us...

He walked across the room which I saw...and disapeared in front of the other window....He is getting used to us being here I think...Because he is getting braver in his showing himself....

I know he is not here to hurt us but it still gives me goose bumps when we see him...I guess its the cold air that follows and the smell...The air where he was always has a stale smell to it..Like going into a basement or attick that hasnt been opened in a while....I am borrowing a camera from a friend and I hope to capture a photo of Guido To keep for me and share with you all....

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

Quote Originally Posted by nausiatingpain
    I don't believe in ghosts, the afterlife, UFOs, bigfoot, or any of that stuff, but I did have an experiece like 12 or so years ago that made me wonder. I'm not sure if it was a hallucination or what, but for a split second I thought I saw my freshly dead grandfather's reflection in the mirror, standing behind me. I'm in denial about the incident. :-)
    Although I've posted about an experience, that is the only experience I've ever had... which makes me wonder if I just had a brain fart, or it was really a ghost... or it was really a crazy person... at this point, who knows. I would like to visit a real haunted house though, just to see.

Quote Originally Posted by gonesavage
    Although I've posted about an experience, that is the only experience I've ever had... which makes me wonder if I just had a brain fart, or it was really a ghost... or it was really a crazy person... at this point, who knows. I would like to visit a real haunted house though, just to see.
    Im with you, Id love to visit a haunted house.

Im with you, Id love to visit a haunted house.
    We seem to have a lot of them in NJ. Check out sjgr-dot-org.

Quote Originally Posted by nausiatingpain
    We seem to have a lot of them in NJ. Check out sjgr-dot-org.
    I will. Lots of haunted places in NJ, I think there is a magazine about it too, weird NJ or something like that. One of my friends has it, and it seemed full of places, and stories. Hey why not, I have plenty of vacation time, and its not that far away. thanks for the tip

If ever of you are in New Orleans, I highly recommend the Haunted History Tour

I will. Lots of haunted places in NJ, I think there is a magazine about it too, weird NJ or something like that. One of my friends has it, and it seemed full of places, and stories. Hey why not, I have plenty of vacation time, and its not that far away. thanks for the tip
    Yeah Weird NJ is a pretty cool magazine, and very popular here in the garden state. ;-) Their website's weirdnj-dot-com.

A long time ago, when I was in north carolina, I went deep into the woods, and found some REALLY wierd stuff. After a while, I found this clearing filled with giant wooden crosses with corpses stuck to them, but most were to decayed to be sure what they were, although some seemed human. Some of them were alligators or crocodiles(sp) though, and there were lots of other wierd stuff nearby, including a shed filled with wierd items inside and out.

Nearby, there was this cave opening that somebody had carved to kind of resemble a skull, and the was some stuff inside, and by the door, but I didnt go near it to find out what it was, although an item that was there seemed to resemble a black cauldron.

Nearby, there was this rabbit that was running past(sp) me, but it paused in it's path , and stared at me. It was wierd though. The rabbit had wierd looking eyes, and some pink mark on it's forehead that resembled a Pink cross that went from between it's eyes, up to between the rabbit's ears.

That is the main stuff I remember from that, along with some wierd noises coming out of the cave.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    A long time ago, when I was in north carolina, I went deep into the woods, and found some REALLY wierd stuff. After a while, I found this clearing filled with giant wooden crosses with corpses stuck to them, but most were to decayed to be sure what they were, although some seemed human. Some of them were alligators or crocodiles(sp) though, and there were lots of other wierd stuff nearby, including a shed filled with wierd items inside and out.

Nearby, there was this cave opening that somebody had carved to kind of resemble a skull, and the was some stuff inside, and by the door, but I didnt go near it to find out what it was, although an item that was there seemed to resemble a black cauldron.

Nearby, there was this rabbit that was running past(sp) me, but it paused in it's path , and stared at me. It was wierd though. The rabbit had wierd looking eyes, and some pink mark on it's forehead that resembled a Pink cross that went from between it's eyes, up to between the rabbit's ears.

That is the main stuff I remember from that, along with some wierd noises coming out of the cave.
    The cave could have been man-made though, since it seems very odd that a cave would be in : calabash, north carolina. (not capitalized(sp) on purpose!) .

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Looks like you wandered onto my Uncle Jeb's "Cookin Cave"...he's quite the experimental cook. He's getting his own show on the Food Channel this fall...

That's an interesting story you got there...I don't particularly buy it but it makes a good set up for a b-grade horror flick.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Looks like you wandered onto my Uncle Jeb's "Cookin Cave"...he's quite the experimental cook. He's getting his own show on the Food Channel this fall...

That's an interesting story you got there...I don't particularly buy it but it makes a good set up for a b-grade horror flick.
    It is a true story, but I completely understand why it sounds so outlandish. I was catching snails and lizards in the woods with some kid from school( explains what I was doing there.) The main part of that day that seemed wierd to me was the cave, since I didnt know caves were in that part of the carolinas, but like I said, the cave seemed to be made intentionally, or like a "Fake Cave" instead of a naturally occuring cave.

Oh yeah, and that Pink cross on the rabbit's head was not natural. Somebody had painted it on there.

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

Did you, by any chance, eat some special mushrooms an hour before this hiking adventure?

Quote Originally Posted by gonesavage
    Did you, by any chance, eat some special mushrooms an hour before this hiking adventure?
    Nope. No wierd events happened, just the wierd stuff that we found there. Most of the stuff seemed to be fake though, but it was still creepy at first. All of the stuff except the alligator corpses and stuff like that seemed fake.

It could have been real, but that stuff seemed fake.

The Skull cave certainly seemed fake. The Cauldron was too far away to tell. The shed that was next to the crucified animals, was in horrible condition, but on the outside of it, there was a rusty shovel, and a shotgun , or a gun of some sort.

Nope. No wierd events happened, just the wierd stuff that we found there. Most of the stuff seemed to be fake though, but it was still creepy at first. All of the stuff except the alligator corpses and stuff like that seemed fake.

It could have been real, but that stuff seemed fake.

The Skull cave certainly seemed fake. The Cauldron was too far away to tell. The shed that was next to the crucified animals, was in horrible condition, but on the outside of it, there was a rusty shovel, and a shotgun , or a gun of some sort.
    Also, keep in mind that in that area, there was supposedly a bunch of christian fanatic psychos, so that also may have had some stuff to do with that stuff. There were also arrests made in that area as well.

Well that isnt really a ghost story, but that would make a good horror movie, especially with all the crazy baptists around that place.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Also, keep in mind that in that area, there was supposedly a bunch of christian fanatic psychos, so that also may have had some stuff to do with that stuff. There were also arrests made in that area as well.
    Diggin this hole a bit deep no? Whatever the case I would of agreed with the magical mushroom suggestion.

Diggin this hole a bit deep no? Whatever the case I would of agreed with the magical mushroom suggestion.
    Digging holes? Whatever, forget I mentioned any of that stuff. Even though it was a true event, just forget I ever mentioned it, either way, that was about 10 years ago, so lets let this part of the conversation die.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Digging holes? Whatever, forget I mentioned any of that stuff. Even though it was a true event, just forget I ever mentioned it, either way, that was about 10 years ago, so lets let this part of the conversation die.
    Calm your jets and be cool...if it happened then it happened no need to ditch it cause I didn't bite. But hey, it's your call.

Calm your jets and be cool...if it happened then it happened no need to ditch it cause I didn't bite. But hey, it's your call.
    cool, thanks.

I totally believe just about everything you described (by the way, there are no crocodiles in the united states). Many years ago, <using old-timer voice> when I was still uber-christian, I would assist the local law enforcement agencies with the finding of "Cult" sites. Have seen just about everything at these sites that you mentioned.

I totally believe just about everything you described (by the way, there are no crocodiles in the united states). Many years ago, <using old-timer voice> when I was still uber-christian, I would assist the local law enforcement agencies with the finding of "Cult" sites. Have seen just about everything at these sites that you mentioned.
    I bet you have seen some freaky stuff

Man, I have seen things that would curl straight hair and make curly hair fall out.

All of the stuff was true, but as for the corpses, some seemed to be Human, and Others seemed to be Animals. Most were to rotten or other horrible stuff to be identified properly, and I didnt really want to stay around there to inspect each corpse...

I am glad to know that you believe me.

The weirdest thing I have ever heard of about the ocult scene was from a guy I met here at college...We had class together and became friends...He was from somewhere (I cant remember exactly) But somewhere in Oklahoma... Really cool guy, nick name of Zig-Zag (he liked to smoke a lil).

Any way he always had party stories from this place in Oklahoma near where he lived called "Purple Church"

He said alot of the people he hung out with would go there because it was out in the country secluded and no one would hear a party goin on.
    From the description he gave me it was either a house or a real church at one point in time but now it is only the foundation and the basement storm celler. The Entrance to which was situated outside the building.
    He told me the place had pentagrams painted all over it and supposedly that some local Cult members used it as a satanic church of sorts, sacrificing animals and such.
    He also told stories of being there at times and seeing weird things like floating lights and Strange voices from the celler which only a few people would go in.
    He only went in once and down there was an old wooden table that reaked of old blood and was stained blood red. Also that around this place were LOTS of animal bones, Also lots of bones in the celler mostly the skulls and claws.
    Now I dunno if Zig-Zag was seeing things because he was high or if his stories were genuine. But I get to know him pretty well and believe what he told me. I have tried to find anything about this place on the net and have been unsuccessful..If anyone finds anything about it PLEASE Give me the address..

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

the power of suggestion...

all of a sudden a shadowy figure is walking around the hallway. Ha! don't you just love the human psyche.

ok, has anyone ever gotten any weird stuff on film?? Im just curious. I have some photos I took this winter, but I cant claim anything, except, how I felt while shooting the pics, and the feeling that I had that night. I love pics, if anyone else has any. (and I like the ones Ive seen here already) :p

ok, has anyone ever gotten any weird stuff on film?? Im just curious. I have some photos I took this winter, but I cant claim anything, except, how I felt while shooting the pics, and the feeling that I had that night. I love pics, if anyone else has any. (and I like the ones Ive seen here already) :p
    If I had a camera 10 years ago, there is no doubt that I would have taken photos of the stuff I described above.

that stuff might possibly still be there, but I doubt it, and dont really want to go back to check on if that site is still there, since I hate the carolinas.

I have tried to find anything about this place on the net and have been unsuccessful..If anyone finds anything about it PLEASE Give me the address..

I finally found a web site that has the "Purple Church on it...Its not much but it is all that Zig-Zag told me it was....I cant believe that Pot head wasnt crazy...I was sure he was outa his mind...The page I found it on is the Oklahoma City Ghost Hunters Club web page...They actually investigated Purple Church....Man all the stories Zig-Zag told about what he saw and heard at that place...JUST CRAZINESS....

Here is the address if you want to see pics of it....

http://www.okcgc.com

Just skip the pages intro...Unless you want to watch it.
    Then on the left side of the page go to "Investigations"
    Then up at the top it gives a list of their investigations and Purple Church is one of them...Just click

Not many pics but an interesting story to go with it non the less...

+ Reply to Thread