+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Snowed In

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Default Snowed In

YAY, I live in Cincinnati & we got hit pretty good today with snow. so good that I can't even go to work. It's realy pretty & cold outside (*makes not to self to take pics of outside soon as I am done typing this) I am guessing that there is atleast 8 inches worth of snow. Anyone else admire snow as much as me? I love the way it looks, & the effect it has when it covers the ground & trees.

adorn_shadow's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Snowed In

We have about 10 inches here in toronto. Its not that much waiting for the january storms! me and my girlfriend were playing in my front yard and made a big pentacle in the snow! Its cool becasue our house is right at the end of the street like facing down the street and front lawn is on a huge slant so every one can se it!

You're lucky in my opinion. I love snow. Here in Madison, it has snowed a couple of times, but nothing has stuck.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Snow...snow and me have an odd relationship...I like looking at it...but oh the hell I will raise if it lands on me.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

We had just teensy bit of snow, but it went away. Yes I love snow, especially Central Park, it looks like a winter wonderland!!!

And I love walking in the snow at night through Manhattan. The old buildings and the moulding light up, and you go back in time....

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

we havent really gotten snow, lots of hail and freezing rain though, argh.

i cant stand snow, but i would perfer it to this other shit we're getting.

TheWalkingGlitch's Avatar Si vis pacem, para bellum

There's about a foot and a half of snow here at the moment. Though it does this every year, so the only people having any problems are the idiots who get their cars lowered... the rest of us who drive vehicles that don't bottom out after hitting so much as a goddamn pebble on the road are laughing.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

The snow comes and goes here. Last night we had rain again. This morning is fairly clear. The main snow seems to come in February...

adorn_shadow's Avatar Senior Member

We had crazy freezing rain/snow last night it wasnt cool. I hate shovelling good thing I have some one to do that for me! I just frolic in the snow!

I too live in Cincinnati...and it continues to be pretty bizarre. Everywhere I go, cars are parked any which way...making it impossible for the trucks to do anything with the roads (here in Clifton anyway). I usually do not like a lot of snow, but it was nice to have a "White Christmas".

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

there is no snow in atlanta .......dammit......just cold...water freezing,engine seizing cold..........dammit

(haha that ryhmed,how cool)

TheWalkingGlitch's Avatar Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    there is no snow in atlanta .......dammit......just cold...water freezing,engine seizing cold..........dammit
    Bah... cold doesn't start until your fuel line freezes and you have to keep your gas tank topped up or else it'll freeze too. That actually happened to me last year... ended up having to use up a sick day for it because like most places in the city, the place I worked at then wasn't closed for the cold.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

that suckes man i've had a break line freeze and snap,but not a gas...

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

the day before christmas eve i was stuck in a greyhound station for 12 hours my dad finnaly had to drive up from louisville (about two hours away to pick me up) it really sucked

+ Reply to Thread