+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Peace on Earth

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Peace on Earth

I suppose this is a harsh sentiment on the Eve of Christmas. I will begin by saying that we live in glorious times despite a lot of we see around us. What I seriously question, however, is even the possibility of peace on earth. I do not believe it has ever existed in all places at any given point in history. I believe in many cases the question is not peace but peace on what terms? Most dictatorships achieved a modicum of peace thru force and suppresion of dissent. Does anyone believe there will ever be peace throughout the entire world? As much as I hate to say it, I do not believe it will ever exist except on a relative scale. Skirmishes will break out instead of world wars. Terrorists will continue to fight wars that in many ways are already lost. Someone, somewhere will find a justification to annex a territory.

Peace on earth. Will it happen or is it just a utopic dream?

OEC

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

Default Re: Peace on Earth

Heres an idea:

Make a thread discussing the virtues GWB. Insert one slightly provocative person. Label the experiment: Disputing Primates.

See what happens.......I think you'll find your answer.

I honestly do not believe that had Bush never been born, we'd be any closer to complete world peace.

OEC

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

well I suppose that one can always hope although just imagtine the impact of peace on earth, are we really able to survive that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    well I suppose that one can always hope although just imagtine the impact of peace on earth, are we really able to survive that?
    In what sense do you mean that?

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    I honestly do not believe that had Bush never been born, we'd be any closer to complete world peace.

OEC
    nononono
    my point was that you will see how bitchy people become. The message board is like a microcosm of the world in general.

Quote Originally Posted by 23*
    nononono
    my point was that you will see how bitchy people become. The message board is like a microcosm of the world in general.
    ohhh ok. You are probably right on that.

OEC

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    In what sense do you mean that?

OEC
    You aren't thinking hard enough , imagine, if you, and absolutely everyone else in the world got along with everyone, what would happen to the economy, what would happen to TV what would happen to the convenience store never mind that what would become of music

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Peace on earth is unrealistic and unwanted...it would take too much away. All the great things in life are done through struggle and adversity...I'd be a boring place without the evil things just as it would without the good.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

You aren't thinking hard enough , imagine, if you, and absolutely everyone else in the world got along with everyone, what would happen to the economy, what would happen to TV what would happen to the convenience store never mind that what would become of music
    Well we wouldn't watch TV cause money would not be as important and as a result we'd have no cash to buy liqour to enjoy the crap that's on tv or forget that we need money...it can go either way with that logic.

It'd be easier to say it goes against the nature of man.

I can conceptualize what you are saying. It is so anathematic to human history, I do not think striving and competition even could go away ... let alone war.

OEC

adorn_shadow's Avatar Senior Member

Without war we not know peace. Its a matter of blanace. If there was peace on earth in one generation it would be lost because of greed. I think even a world wide calm would be impossible.

nononono

i just found this to be really insightful. and i agree.

I think that if there was world peace, it wouldn't be in a capitalist enviroment in the 1st place.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I think that if there was world peace, it wouldn't be in a capitalist enviroment in the 1st place.
    It wouldn't be in any known human form of social structure...we were killing one another off in the cave man days...even on the religious spectrum man starts off as a killer of other men.

TheWalkingGlitch's Avatar Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    It'd be easier to say it goes against the nature of man.
    I think you're right on the money with that. The only way we'll ever really get peace is to kill everything alive, and then glass the earth so nothing can ever grow here again. Even plants fight each other... they all try to grow higher than the other ones to absorb more sunlight, while simultaneously cutting all the others off from it.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

i believe world peace will be achieved after we all blow each other up in a nuclear war with everyone dead there will be no more fighting hence world peace

+ Reply to Thread