+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What can we do to help the Tsunami survivors in Asia?

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

Default What can we do to help the Tsunami survivors in Asia?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...124651/1/.html

I hear and see bad news everyday. I would say I am used to it...but this Tsunami has my attention...and my deepest symapthy. When I see these countries losses...I cant help but cry..In a way, it is , to me, almost as bad, if not worse in some ways than 9/11 for it too effects all the world in some way...and the death toll is now 54,000 +In the wake of the most horrifying Tsunami to hit land in 200 years, I sit here and wonder what can I do?...How can I help? Is there a way I can get ahold of some organizations to round up a drop off spot for supplies, etc?..because I havent heard of any on the local news or papers. Even though I survived 4 hurricanes this past summer...this has us way beat..

Does anyone know or have a number I can call to cooridinate some relief/aid/supplies for these people in any way?..

Thanks..

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Re: What can we do to help the Tsunami survivors in Asia?

Sad thing is scientists, engineers, etc. warned that these areas would be hard hit by a Tsunami nowhere near the epic scale that hit...so it's sad to see the worst possible scenario play out. The fact is these areas had NO defense structure to protect them and even if they did it would be doubtful anything would have stopped it...no matter how one looks at it it's nature reminding us who's really in charge.

koolagh's Avatar Resident Barbarian

Default Re: What can we do to help the Tsunami survivors in Asia?

Contact your local Red Cross, relief efforts are already under way for these unfortunate victims.

+ Reply to Thread