+ Reply to Thread

Thread: mmm Xbox....

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Default mmm Xbox....

Oh man.. I just got an Xbox.. been playing Halo 2 and the Top Spin game that came with it alot... I was wondering what some games you gals and guys reccomend for the xbox...

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Default Re: mmm Xbox....

I feel sorry for you. X-Box = Bahumbug.

So if you must store that huge paperweight inside your hours, I think some nice accessories are Guilty Gear X2 Reloaded, (about 20 bucks new) Panzer Dragoon Orta, Gun Valkyrie, (1 hard ass game) Otogi 1 & 2, Fatal Frame 1 & 2, & when it comes out Megaman Anniversary Collection.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I'm a big fan of the big black box...some must haves are the above mentioned and...

Crimson Skies
    SSX Tricky
    Jet Set Radio Future
    Project Gotham Racing 2
    Rallysport Challenge 2
    Both the Splinter Cell games
    NBA Street vol. 2
    The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay...to be honest it's a much more well designed game than Halo 2...it's great on the box and the PC...a real shock to say the least...this is an amazing title that not only surpases the films but shows that games are an art unto themselves.

Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2...what star wars SHOULD be.

Mechassault 1
    and to finish this lil list... Kingdom Under Fire: Crusaders. A very unique mix of hack n slash and real time strategy.

Oh how could I forget Mech Assualt, that game kicks major tail end.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

i just got Knights of the Old Republic II but unfortunately i left my X-Box at my girlfreinds house in Cleveland so i have to wait untill Friday to play it

Sceptic_Messiah's Avatar Senior Member

i got an xbox crystal for xmas (one of the last in sunny old doncaster woooo) and i've been playing fable non stop since i got it definately advise getting it....i would get knights of the old republic 2 but it's not out over here yet till febuary

I bought my boyfriend an x box and halo 2 for x - mas! He loved it

Fable

chaosfeary's Avatar Senior Member

Bloodrayne and/or Bloodrayne 2.

TheWalkingGlitch's Avatar Si vis pacem, para bellum

PsiOps is like pure awesomeness distilled down into a liquid and put into a can that also contains a healthy dose of "whoopass," and I would feel bad if I did not recommend it.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

I'm happy enough with my books and internet access not to need xbox or anything similar.

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

Knights of the Old Republic (awesome)
    Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (awesome as well)
    Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, if you like fantasy RPG, which I do
    Heroes Chronicles: see above
    Thief: Deadly Shadows (kinda like a medieval Splinter Cell, fun play, annoying purple save screen that's a tad too bright)
    Fable (more of an open-ended RPG)
    Deus Ex (gorgeous, but complicated)
    I heard Morrowind was good too but I couldn't get into it

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale
    I'm happy enough with my books and internet access not to need xbox or anything similar.
    Good for you...no one asked though.

Lucius's Avatar Member

FABLE, it is the best game, you can kill almost any one you want. Pluse you grow horns.

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Good for you...no one asked though.
    Why should they? It takes intelligence to pinpoint the right questions every single time.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i take it im the only one who thought Fable sucked. one must gave game is ghost recon if you plan on going online

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

hey I got a xbox for christmas, from mr karl to mr karl and since the last thing I played was zelda for the super nes I think fable rocks, although I might change my mind in a while
    oh xbox my precious xbox, no body understands me like you do

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Why should they? It takes intelligence to pinpoint the right questions every single time.
    Just stay on topic man, the thread was about game recommendations not whether or not one found a "need" for an Xbox.

Other recommendations...

The Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six series. Each was well executed and for the Xbox quite well. Online play was smooth and if you're sick of the Halo 2 scene it's a nice change of pace.

Dead of Alive: Ultimate...a very well executed online version of the usually shallow series. This version offered a much deeper game for the fighting game vet to get into without sacrificing the pick up and play nature of the series.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkingGlitch
    PsiOps is like pure awesomeness distilled down into a liquid and put into a can that also contains a healthy dose of "whoopass," and I would feel bad if I did not recommend it.
    Totally, the games slick use of physics make for some very unique fun...who knew using bodies as ragdolls could be so much fun?

Weblogger

Just stay on topic man, the thread was about game recommendations not whether or not one found a "need" for an Xbox.
    My original comment was on topic. You were simply being rude.

Raina: that was a very nice gift for you to get.

Totally, the games slick use of physics make for some very unique fun...who knew using bodies as ragdolls could be so much fun?
    It's true! One of my favourite things to do in that game is light one guy on fire, then throw him at his friends and set them on fire too. Though this guy goes far more in depth into some of the more comical things you can do (and is even generous enough to write about it) than I have done thus far. I should rent that game again...

I'm telling you all you need is Guilty Gear XX Reloaded. (& with only a 20$ pricetag NEW) Once you discover the actual depth of the game you'll be playing for hours. (serious, it takes 100 hours+ to unlock everything)

Hula Hoop Supervisor

No it wasen't, but if I was rude about pointing it out, my appologies. That said, you should give some games a shot. Usually don't like to say "dude you're missing out" but in this case you kinda are. I mean that in a good way. Their are some games out that really put the whole genre into a category of true art.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Camby Savelle
    I'm telling you all you need is Guilty Gear XX Reloaded. (& with only a 20$ pricetag NEW) Once you discover the actual depth of the game you'll be playing for hours. (serious, it takes 100 hours+ to unlock everything)
    Great depth though the SRK guys and gals would argue and win that THE game to get on the Xbox will be the Street Fighter Anniversay Collection for the simple fact is contains Street Fighter 3: Third Strike, THE definative 2D fighter. GG:XX is a great game in it's own right but Third Strike will make you kiss your Xbox. The depth in that game is amazing with really only Virtua Fighter 4 on the PS2 hitting the same level (possibly surpassing it...it IS VF after all...but it's also 3D a very diffrent style).

head over to shoryuken.com to get some great info on any fighting game and learn more about them and how to REALLY play them.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

guilty gear kicks ass cause i kick major ass with may im not sure but i think someone on these boards recomended that game to me im prety sure it was TequilaZ

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

I agree with you that your comment was on topic.

Weblogger

No it wasen't, but if I was rude about pointing it out, my appologies. That said, you should give some games a shot. Usually don't like to say "dude you're missing out" but in this case you kinda are. I mean that in a good way. Their are some games out that really put the whole genre into a category of true art.
    Oh, there are many things out there which would make life worthwhile if you gave them a chance, not just video games. But we all have our interests and, if there was a comment in the Books List thread and someone said you ought to give up your chosen books and read this subject instead, well, what would the reaction be there? Video games don't interest me, the same as tv doesn't interest me - and I don't feel that I am missing out on anything because I do so many others things which you perhaps don't - so, are you missing out?

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I do so many others things which you perhaps don't - so, are you missing out?
    If they are fun and interesting...sure.

I don't feel that I am missing out on anything because I do so many others things which you perhaps don't - so, are you missing out?
    By doing anything, we always miss out on doing something else. By writing this post right now, I'm missing out on any number of other things I could be doing instead. Every time I or anyone else posting here sits down with a controller and kills an hour or three with gaming, we miss out on a whole lot of other stuff we could have used those hours for--sometimes that's not much, but sometimes it is. Just the same, every time you sit down with a book in your hands, you miss out on whatever else you could've done during time you spent reading. It's unavoidable. But the real question here is whether or not you enjoyed that time you spent reading/gaming/whatever. If so, then that's all that really matters.

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkingGlitch
    By doing anything, we always miss out on doing something else. By writing this post right now, I'm missing out on any number of other things I could be doing instead. Every time I or anyone else posting here sits down with a controller and kills an hour or three with gaming, we miss out on a whole lot of other stuff we could have used those hours for--sometimes that's not much, but sometimes it is. Just the same, every time you sit down with a book in your hands, you miss out on whatever else you could've done during time you spent reading. It's unavoidable. But the real question here is whether or not you enjoyed that time you spent reading/gaming/whatever. If so, then that's all that really matters.
    Exactly. We make a specific choice - much of the time - to do a specific thing in the knowledge that we will not be doing something else. A matter of preference.

+ Reply to Thread