+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I need your opinion

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

Default I need your opinion

Since I consider you all to be family, I need your opinion. As many of you know, I'm with this guy named Jeff. I have been for over a year. As of late, He moved away, (2000 miles away to be exact) and he has been acting like, well? an ass. I think I should break up with him, but I'm scared that if I do, I'll end up alone, raising our daughter by myself. I'm not really sure what I should do? Please don't tell me "it's up to you." because I'm not sure what to do anymore. He treats me like shit. He makes me feel like I'm nothing and I really can't deal with it anymore. Help.
    Last edited by suicidal_tendencies; 01-02-2005 at 06:36 PM. Reason: SPELLING

Default Re: I need your opinion

I think you should, but thats just My opinion. **

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

how 'bout a Mrs.Brightstar (heheha)

But really ,if he can't make you feel good ,and bring a smile to your face at the times you need it most then,give it the "ol'fuck you"............that's my view

If he is becoming an ass there is a good chance that it could get worse. If he has moved that far away, he could be cheating on you and you'll never know. Don't be afraid of leaving him, be afraid of staying with him and causing you and your daughter great pain later on. I think you should ditch him, but I don't know the whole situation. From what you have said, it seems like a very good idea to leave him. If he doesn't treat you like the princess that you are, he doesn't deserve you.

Pzychotic's Avatar Dark Entity

Quote Originally Posted by SindelChaos
    If he is becoming an ass there is a good chance that it could get worse. If he has moved that far away, he could be cheating on you and you'll never know. Don't be afraid of leaving him, be afraid of staying with him and causing you and your daughter great pain later on. I think you should ditch him, but I don't know the whole situation. From what you have said, it seems like a very good idea to leave him. If he doesn't treat you like the princess that you are, he doesn't deserve you.

Ditto, If Jeff can't seem to treat you as he has in the past and as you are saying is becoming a bit of an ass, then yes, it will more then likely get worse... Save yourself and your daughter the added headache and heartache and leave... You will not suffer alone...

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

shiit. what about dave? he still in the picture?

Oil~Boy 26's Avatar rebuilding in pain

shit are you still trying to pine fa dumbass who cant do for you and he has rolled that far away fuck him and tell him that you dont need him dont want him and trust me some one will see you for the person you are and as for the ass hole you might see him in the obits if he is so lucky

OB~26 Fathers who abandon deserv to go away ,very far far away

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

wow, thats a really tough situation. i don't know the whole story or reasoning why he moved away, but it seems that you already are raising your daughter alone if he is that far. its hard breaking up with someone you love even if they do make you feel like nothing, but it is so much better being sad because you're without him, than crying everynight because he makes you feel worthless...(i know the feeling, although sometimes i would rather be feeling worthless than alone..) maybe if you break up with him and tell him it's because he makes you feel like shit and give him some time without you, he will realize how much he loves you and needs you in his life and come crawling back, this time not taking you for granted and realizing that you are worth so much more. i don't know him, but im assuming that if you've been together that long and you have a daughter together, he is not just going to leave you right away... the real decision though should be based how much you are REALLY REALLY TRULY IN LOVE with him. i hope i could help a bit. good luck on your situation darling

Raven's Avatar Junior Member

Honestly, hun,
    If he's being an ass to you, then screw him. Despite the popular myth out there, just because you've been with someone for awhile doesn't mean that you should stay with them or let them treat you in a way you don't agree with. Find someone you are happy with. Don't let someone treat you lower than you are worth.
    Personally, i'd tell him to bugger the fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by suicidal_tendencies
    Since I consider you all to be family, I need your opinion. As many of you know, I'm with this guy named Jeff. I have been for over a year. As of late, He moved away, (2000 miles away to be exact) and he has been acting like, well? an ass. I think I should break up with him, but I'm scared that if I do, I'll end up alone, raising our daughter by myself. I'm not really sure what I should do? Please don't tell me "it's up to you." because I'm not sure what to do anymore. He treats me like shit. He makes me feel like I'm nothing and I really can't deal with it anymore. Help.
    still havein man problems Im sorry I wish I could help but I dont know what to say really but if you ever wanna talk feel free to write me or what not..
    Shadow~

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    shiit. what about dave? he still in the picture?
    honestly? he just moved back in with his dad *down the street from me, FYI he broke up with his girl* i've been thinking about him lately....alot. but im not sure about anything right now.

honestly? he just moved back in with his dad *down the street from me, FYI he broke up with his girl* i've been thinking about him lately....alot. but im not sure about anything right now.

Mother Superior

Always remember a man will never change.. and you thinking you will be the one that makes the difference is just a lie you will tell yourself. I learned that the hard way. As much as you want to save them and be there for them, move on. Of course we don't know the whole situation but it doesn't sound good. You two have created a life and now it is both of your responsibilities to be civil to eachother and try to ensure this little girl has some sense of family. Some maturity may need to be applied. If a man makes you feel bad about yourself, he isn't gonna change. You think one day he is just gonna wake up and be a different Jeff? Highly unlikely. Love isn't supposed to hurt and when it does, it's time to let go.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Just keep him and see other people and don't tell him. When you fall in love with someone else, it won't hurt anymore, and you will remain friends. Keep them all on the back burner honey!!!!!!

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

my opinion , if he's being an ass well then fuck him , as for raising your daughter alone well open your eyes to the world around you, in this world you are never alone(unless you want to be) and there are lots of options available , so don't dwell on that, besides within ten fifteen years your kid will be doing whatever kids that age do and trust me , that time goes real fast , your real problem sounds like your boyfriend(?) .From what I've read that youve written you know how to hurt yourself worse than anyone else could so there's no point letting someone have power over you, cause the truth is , they dont.

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

personally i see it as two different issues:
    1)staying with him

2)him not being there for your daughter.

if he cares about his daughter then despite what will happen between you two he will still do his best for his daughter especially if you try your best to keep the two issues seperate when dealing with him (talking about how he is making you feel and explaining your own needs)
    perhaps it would be better for you to ask him if he would like to take a break or maybe have an open relationship thus taking the pressure of your relationship... although i don't have any kids i have had my fair share of long distance relationships and learned alot from them (the longest lasting almost three years) if you would be interested i would be willing to offer more advice suggestions answers to questions (as i am sure most people hear would) good luck.

ok. we talked things out. it REALLY helped. he's just as scared as i am. we decided that even though we're 2000 miles apart, we still love eachother very very much. he's coming home for a visit in April. we're going to figure some more stuff out then. thanx yall

ok. we talked things out. it REALLY helped. he's just as scared as i am. we decided that even though we're 2000 miles apart, we still love eachother very very much. he's coming home for a visit in April. we're going to figure some more stuff out then. thanx yall

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

hmmmm April , thats a while, lots can happen between now and then

+ Reply to Thread