+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Screamo

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Default Screamo

Is anyone else aside from me into this type of music?

When I say screamo I don't mean emocore/post hardcore like thursday & funeral for a friend.

I mean stuff like PG.99, City Of Caterpillar, Circle Takes The Square, & Duaghters.

If so do you have any recomendations?

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default Re: Screamo

we just played with a kind of scremo band,called showbread,there kinda cool ,they use a keytar, but there some weird christin screamo,it was a gig so we agreed happily,thank shit they didn't know our lyrics or we might not been able to play with them.......

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    we just played with a kind of scremo band,called showbread,there kinda cool ,they use a keytar, but there some weird christin screamo,it was a gig so we agreed happily,thank shit they didn't know our lyrics or we might not been able to play with them.......
    niiice.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietPlace
    niiice.

yea, i made a big announcment to get aall the dumb fuck little "scene" kids the fuck out the building.......so much fun,playing real fucking death metal,grindcore.....metal to the few that stayed scared little shits.......possibly one of the most fun shows although we only maded $108.dollars...

wish I coulda gone.

me too, $8 more bucks for me,hahaha, would love to have a bigger turnout though, just not those fuckin' scene kids,but that was just because of the other band........

you should hear my voice,ha it's sooo fucked up.........i think i reached an all time "brutalness" ..............

where are you located? I'm in cincinnati for atleast 6 more months. so if your anywhere near here maybe I can catch a show.

Quote Originally Posted by Camby Savelle
    where are you located? I'm in cincinnati for atleast 6 more months. so if your anywhere near here maybe I can catch a show.

north Georgia,man,don't think well be up there any time soon......sorry.......but if we ever do.. you'll know......

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

what the fuck is screamo? you kids are trying way too hard. I'm really tired of bands dishing out the same old shit and then thinking up a stupid new genre name makes them original.

it's like "metalcore". that's not a real thing. It's either metal or hardcore. just because you add a few riffs in a hardcore song that are similiar to metal, doesn't make it a new genre. hardcore and metal bands have been doing that for 20 years, they just know that it's not new, so if they are more metal than hxc, they call themselves a metal band (even if some of their songs have hxc riffs), and vice versa.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    what the fuck is screamo? you kids are trying way too hard. I'm really tired of bands dishing out the same old shit and then thinking up a stupid new genre name makes them original.
    Exactly.

Now excuse me while I go practice with my Industrioemotechnopunk band "The Cell Outz".

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

hhhaa oh Tequila and Morning you smoked that so well, truly a royal intelligent broadside if do say so myself...uhh never mind I have been reading a little too much patrik o'brian and my world is full of 19th centuary sea life. Anyhow yes the screamo thing is emo, though emo has screaming in it to so in what fractional amount does emo become screamo yet is not quiet up to snuf with Nu_metal(metalcore?)???. Just give me my Bad Brains and Pailhead.
    I dunno if they count but I like Moneen...but you gotta support your friends right?

Morning Glory, this is screamo. http://www.hxcmp3.com/bands/1606/ <----listen to the song by Circle Takes The Square titled "A Non-Objective Portriat Of Karma"

a bit diffirent then what you probably imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by CPRB
    Just give me my Bad Brains and Pailhead.

fuckin' hell yeah

(quite possibly the most intellectual post i will ever make here)

just wanted to add that "i will refuse" is one of the best songs EVER...
    and i about crapped myself when i heard the riff from bad brains "ignition" on the Matrix soundtrack...

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

it's like "metalcore". that's not a real thing. It's either metal or hardcore. just because you add a few riffs in a hardcore song that are similiar to metal, doesn't make it a new genre. hardcore and metal bands have been doing that for 20 years, they just know that it's not new, so if they are more metal than hxc, they call themselves a metal band (even if some of their songs have hxc riffs), and vice versa.

either you get rid of genres completely or you realise that there will be an endless siege of subgenres.....does it really matter anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Camby Savelle
    Morning Glory, this is screamo. http://www.hxcmp3.com/bands/1606/ <----listen to the song by Circle Takes The Square titled "A Non-Objective Portriat Of Karma"

a bit diffirent then what you probably imagined.

wooh..this shit is painful Its like trying to dump cement!

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

i've given up attempting to know what type of music i like, i like alot of different types of music, but dont ask me to try and tell ya what they are, i havent the slightest clue what genre half the bands are considered. it seems to be really confusing to try finding out.

Quote Originally Posted by 23*
    wooh..this shit is painful Its like trying to dump cement!
    crazy i listened to that song again....it rocks...jesus

ok. I listened to that song... but I still don't know what makes screamo different from hardcore or metal core or emocore,or heavy metal.... but it was a pretty good song. sounds like grindcore, only slow.

my take on "screamo" is that it is like hard rock, but with the high stuipid ass"hardcore"vocals..........from what i've heard.....

and as far as sounding like grindcore, no way, man.....this is real grindcore .........http://www.noescaperecords.com/anal.mp3

even if it is slower...no way...

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

what the fuck is screamo?
    if you ask really nicely, i'll email you some Throbbing Gristle .MP3s.

such lovely, pastoral music that. reminds me of the illustrations of Dante Gabriel Rossetti. and of road accidents where the person's head comes off and goes through the windscreen and lands a hundred yards up the road.

ever hear the locust?

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

how bout we just call it music

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Now excuse me while I go practice with my Industrioemotechnopunk band "The Cell Outz".

if i'm ever in the States, can my darkwaveambientnoise band "93" front for you?

obligatory plug: http://www.very.net/~nikolai/93/

i should really update that; add the recent albums "Alien Pop Songs" and "Everyday Hell". problem is, they're both crap.

Default Re: Genres

Quote Originally Posted by 23*
    either you get rid of genres completely or you realise that there will be an endless siege of subgenres.....does it really matter anyway?

depends if you want to sell records. or not.

a long time ago, up-and-coming painters discovered it was easier to sell their chimpanzee-style daubings if they were part of a School. like Cubism, or Realism, or Op, or Pop, or NeoWank. if you don't fit at least partly into a genre then you run the risk of being completely ignored. people like being able to attach labels to things; it makes them think they understand them.

an example: the album Hybrid by Michael Brooks, Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno. i'm not sure how it could be classified; it's instrumental, it's got synth and also traditional African instruments.

if you can find it, it's well worth a listen. if you can't find it, go to the video store and rent the horror film Cube 2: Hypercube. the theme music from that is a direct Brooks ripoff.

ever hear the locust?

i take it you don't mean The Insect Musicians, by Graeme Revell (formerly of SPK). songs built from Fairlighted insect samples.

Default Re: Genres

Quote Originally Posted by sheramil
    depends if you want to sell records. or not.

a long time ago, up-and-coming painters discovered it was easier to sell their chimpanzee-style daubings if they were part of a School. like Cubism, or Realism, or Op, or Pop, or NeoWank. if you don't fit at least partly into a genre then you run the risk of being completely ignored. people like being able to attach labels to things; it makes them think they understand them.

an example: the album Hybrid by Michael Brooks, Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno. i'm not sure how it could be classified; it's instrumental, it's got synth and also traditional African instruments.

if you can find it, it's well worth a listen. if you can't find it, go to the video store and rent the horror film Cube 2: Hypercube. the theme music from that is a direct Brooks ripoff.

I guess my point was more that if you don't like genres just ignore them, i do, or at least I try to. There's no point in bitching about them.

as for chimpanzee-style daubings....well.....

Leftover Crack has a song just like this...

what does this say about the nature of the Crack Rock Steady Beat and the future of the music industry?

The Sovereign Insincerity; The monopoly of greed
    Nickleback, POD, Rancid, Britany & Creed
    The Bureaucrats they leech upon to mediocre trends
    Your song in heavy rotation from the cash your label spends
    From the products you promote for the ones who foot the bill
    A Prefabricated goose-step for the pockets that you fill
    The monotony of censored products shine in the display
    The same old song of compromise went platinum today.

Mediocre Generica.. let's start with America!

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

the only screamo band i liked was rites of spring they were supposedly the original emo band and its a lot more like punk its great other than that i dont much care for it

the beatles

i hate everything about it, mostly how it has bastardized grindcore for the girl pants crowd.

I agree. hardcore kids are so fucking lame it's like saved by the bell bullshit, they need to grow up and graduate highschool.

yes! i hate those kids, it's like they have this mono-gender thing going, where they all have the exact same hair,cloths,etc,ect..and there fuckin' egos ,holy shit, they must think there fucking "god" or something.........i'm just going to quit now.......

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

......... I'm starting to dig this band called Skindred. Pretty good band, like Bad Brains, but younger.

CPRB
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts: 1,105 hhhaa oh Tequila and Morning you smoked that so well, truly a royal intelligent broadside if do say so myself...uhh never mind I have been reading a little too much patrik o'brian and my world is full of 19th centuary sea life. Anyhow yes the screamo thing is emo, though emo has screaming in it to so in what fractional amount does emo become screamo yet is not quiet up to snuf with Nu_metal(metalcore?)???. Just give me my Bad Brains and Pailhead.
    I dunno if they count but I like Moneen...but you gotta support your friends right?
    1 Week Ago | Quote | Quick Reply

mmmmmm..... bad brains and pailhead!!!!!!!!
    thank goodness!!!!!!!!

hewhoisagod
    Not So Fallen Angel
    Topeka KS (the cultural hub and mecca of redneckdom)
    Posts: 681 ......... I'm starting to dig this band called Skindred. Pretty good band, like Bad Brains, but younger.

I've listened quite a bit to skindred. They are ok but pleas don't try to compare them to Bad Brains...... Nothing in common.
    Bad Brains is great, ahead of their time. A great band..
    ..skindred.. they're ok.... unique which is good but still just ok. In my opinion at least.

eh. bad brains still kinda pisses me off because they are anti-gay.

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

I don't even classify EMO//SCREAMO as a true classification for music..
    They strike me as more of a music scene than a genre to be honest.
    You take a look at how the music is played and performed at the end of the day it's still just rock music. Lyrical content may change but it doesn't run any deeper.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned?

+ Reply to Thread