+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Music Videos you HATE

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

Default Music Videos you HATE

So there is the favorite music video thread. I HATE so many music videos... I get so sick to my stomach watching the horrible concept and directing put into so many videos.

I HATE HATE HATE HATE the fucking new U2 music video for the song "vertigo"...

why the fuck does that play on every fucking commercial and on every music video channel??? i cant stand it! the song sucks, the video sucks, i want it to die!!

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

Default Re: Music Videos you HATE

I hate rap music videos, country music videos, really-fucking-fast-frame-rate music videos, and stupid-singers music videos (such as britney spears or some-such nonsense).

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonesavage
    I hate rap music videos, country music videos, really-fucking-fast-frame-rate music videos, and stupid-singers music videos (such as britney spears or some-such nonsense).
    I totally agree!! It's all so horrible... Nothing the least bit artistic or cool. The music business has become SO uncool. I would never want to even go to a music business event because I would be afraid of getting shot or something.

Ichigo's Avatar Senior Member

I hate rap music videos, especially the ones with the female dancers in the background and when the rapper gets really close up to the camera and shows off his jewelry.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo
    I hate rap music videos, especially the ones with the female dancers in the background and when the rapper gets really close up to the camera and shows off his jewelry.
    but those are the best ones

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i hate that one yellow card video were theyre all trying to be cool and protest something i dont think they make it clear what theyre protesting

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    but those are the best ones

adorn_shadow's Avatar Senior Member

I hate the new skinny puppy video for pro-test. I liek skinnypuppy but really dont like the video!

adorn_shadow's Avatar Senior Member

Oh and all cradle of filth videos, they are all the same!

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

the hamster dance
    toxic-brittany spears
    that new one by blink 182, i got no problem with blink, but the new video is in like 3 parts all going different it always gives me a headache when i try to watch it

Muzz's Avatar Senior Member

Lol! I love rap videos. Not much creativity, but man some of them are so funny. (Like Lil'Jon shaking his dreads at the camera with his grinny platinum teeth)

I don't like:

Teenie bopper stuff. Some Britney is alright, like her later things, but with people like 'Jojo' coming onto the scene and showing us how she shakes her head with attitude while talking down a guy in a song next to her locker or in front of her school...yeah.

I don't like videos that offer zero eye candy. Eye candy includes colors, things of interest, etc. Christina Aguliera showed plenty eye candy in her video 'Fighter' as well as Red Hot Chili Peppers in 'Zephyr' (lots of pretty colors).

I honestly can't think of anything off the top of my head right now. It's been a rough day and I've just about maxed out on my brain.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    i hate that one yellow card video were theyre all trying to be cool and protest something i dont think they make it clear what theyre protesting

i saw one of there's with a bunch of classic's it pissed me off...like they know the first thing about a car..or anything mechanical....exept their crappy riffs......haha

oh yah i deff hate a lot of rap videos. zero creativity! just guys showing thier "bling" surrounded by girls in bathing suits... there are some good rap videos though. i really like DMX- who we be. outkast has some creative videos too.

i really hate hate hate when i hear a song and i have this fabulously elaborate image in my head of the perfect music video, and then i see the music video and it SUCKS... this happens to me alot. one instance being in middle school when i saw nelly furtado's "turn off the light." WTF was that? the dumbest video ever! i had the best idea for it!!

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

I hate videos with no justification for the bikini-clad women when all the men are overdressed - I like looking at the women, but hate the lack of creativity in the videos.

rap,country,jazz,blues, most religious, and LOTS of other crud. **

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I hate people who watch music videos they hate to the point they know them by heart and blame "TV" for showing them so much.

Change the channel!

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by bre.star
    i really hate hate hate when i hear a song and i have this fabulously elaborate image in my head of the perfect music video, and then i see the music video and it SUCKS... this happens to me alot. one instance being in middle school when i saw nelly furtado's "turn off the light." WTF was that? the dumbest video ever! i had the best idea for it!!
    Make your own then...many people do it these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    I hate people who watch music videos they hate to the point they know them by heart and blame "TV" for showing them so much.

Change the channel!
    Yah, but sometimes it is just necessary to pick on bad art. I don't see too many music videos, but I have to say the new Green Day vid is awful. I don't really like that band to begin with, but they have some catchy tunes and that new, slower one can get dangerously stuck in your head.

My first thought on the song itself was regarding the title and one of the hook lines, "boulevard of broken dreams." I am still 100% sure the guy got that line from one of those stupid James Dean/Humphrey Bogart/Marilyn Monroe posters that they sell at the mall. Which is completely lame. In all, I could still visualize pretty easily to the song.

Saw the video last night and man, does Samuel Bayer drop the ball. All shots of the band walking and looking all mopey in front of stock footage. No driving concept, no depth, nothing emotionally gripping whatsoever. It was like a first-album emo band and a first-time director went out with their mom's Hi-8 and tried to get the video on their friend's band portal website instead of 4 seasoned industry veterans looking to plant the flag in new musical territory in the face of a slew of younger bands coming up to push them into obscurity.

They shoulda had some bling and girls in a limo.

DharmaLion's Avatar Devil's Advocate

<----------hasn't seen a music video since '99

i hate it when they sing in the rain.
    like that hilary duff video.
    mmkay, thats pretty effing hot. but theres other ones.. like with a band.. playing in the rain and shit..
    it pisses me off.

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonkiss.
    i hate it when they sing in the rain.
    like that hilary duff video.
    mmkay, thats pretty effing hot. but theres other ones.. like with a band.. playing in the rain and shit..
    it pisses me off.

yeah i hate when boy bands are singing in the rain, wiping rain water from their foreheads and looking all depressed. Its so....yuck!

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Make your own then...many people do it these days.

i do and i will! one day when im a famous director :p

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

im not really into music videos

+ Reply to Thread