+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gourmet Coffee

adorn_shadow's Avatar Senior Member

Default Gourmet Coffee

Okee doke, I hate gourmet coffe, ie starbux and 2nd cup. (canada)
    I would much rather a buck and a quarter cup of tim hortons coffee, it tastes better, keeps me up longer and doesnt force my poor ass into bankruptcy everytime i want a cup of joe.
    That and i find starbux coffee has this sort of oily film ontop of it. its friggen gross. Anyways thats my rant, what do you think.

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

Default Re: Gourmet Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by adorn_shadow
    Okee doke, I hate gourmet coffe, ie starbux and 2nd cup. (canada)
    I would much rather a buck and a quarter cup of tim hortons coffee, it tastes better, keeps me up longer and doesnt force my poor ass into bankruptcy everytime i want a cup of joe.
    That and i find starbux coffee has this sort of oily film ontop of it. its friggen gross. Anyways thats my rant, what do you think.

we thankfully don't have shitbucks here yet.

I much prefer real ground coffee to anything instant. there really is no debate for me.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

It really depends on what I want out of my coffee at the time...enjoyment or a caffinated shot to my head. I'm not a starbucks junky mainly cause to me it jsut does not taste good for whatever reason. However I do have a list of coffee shops I'm fond of (though I know they like to be called cafe's I just don't like the word.) and each brew a damn good cup. Home wise I have the raw beans delivered and I get a sick joy of grinding them myself.

Cheap coffee is liek cheap beer...it has it's fans and it's haters but ultimately it all turns into the same piss. As long as you liked it going down...their is nothing to hate.

I like tim hrtons coffe, dont think you guys have that down in the states. Not sure, anyways that shit is awesome. Asides from that when you are drunk a coffee from a diner and chomlet (cheese omlet)... nothing beats it!

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Cheap coffee is liek cheap beer...it has it's fans and it's haters but ultimately it all turns into the same piss. As long as you liked it going down...their is nothing to hate.
    I agree with that a lot.

I used to have Gevalia delivered (supposedly originated as the king of Sweden's Coffee. Then became a business.. and yeah.) but i was paying out of the as (this stuff was like 6 bucks for a box less than 1/2 pound.) It was really good, then I had Folgers... and... I couldn't stand the stuff.. So I got some maxwell house, its the coffee my grandma uses, and I always like it. Its cheap, but good.

MH is always a good bean. I liek the foodstore beans I dont knwo what they are b ut they have amaretto flavoured coffee! Great!

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

I LOVE coffee but I think it is bad for me, so I drink tea.... I have this tea that has Chinese herbs in it. You have to mail order it.

But I love the aroma and the taste of coffee, with cream and sugar.. Yummy... I just don't drink it because it seems to be a bit more tough on my system...

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    But I love the aroma and the taste of coffee, with cream and sugar.. Yummy... I just don't drink it because it seems to be a bit more tough on my system...
    Cream and sugar is always good.

I put a crapload of it in though... how do you guys take your coffee?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

My preferred coffee is 100% Kona beans, ground just before putting through the espresso machine, organic lactose-free milk, spring water ice cubes in a HUGE glass. Mixed in order milk, ice, coffee or ice, milk, coffee, but never coffee, ice, milk. A little honey or rasberry preserves if my throat is scratchy.

I end up getting my local boho cafe or Starbucks though because I began to suspect, like MistressJennifer, that the coffee was not doing my system much good, so I never replaced my espresso machine when it broke.

I take mine 3 cream, 3 sugar thats about it. maybe a stir stick if im feeling frisky!

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I like mine black as coal Need to cut back on that and the diet soda I think.

OEC

soda kills, it is gradually eating my teeth away! I need to get my benefits back so i can go see a dentist god damn pepsi!

ya they use pepsi to unclog the sink in airplane lavatories haha. I'm switching to tea then tapering off caffeine.

OEC

Yeah ive been drinking alot of tea and alot of those non caffinated apple cider things in packets they are fuckin great!
    I use Pepsi to clean my toilet! just pour flat pesi thats been sitting around in your toilet and let it sit for like 2 hours. Itll be the shiniest bowl in the world!

Yeah ive been drinking alot of tea and alot of those non caffinated apple cider things in packets they are fuckin great!
    I use Pepsi to clean my toilet! just pour flat pesi thats been sitting around in your toilet and let it sit for like 2 hours. Itll be the shiniest bowl in the world!
    haha damn. I'll keep that in mind. That's scary.

OEC

If itll eat the shit off the inside of yer bowl imagine what it is doing to your stomach! that is scary!

If itll eat the shit off the inside of yer bowl imagine what it is doing to your stomach! that is scary!
    But it's so damn good!

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

When I was younger I'd drink a coffee (instant) called Blend 37. Now I can't seem to get it and the other instant coffees available here are crap in comparison. We have a great, although ordinary, selection of coffees in every supermarket here and some interesting flavours are starting to appear gradually, like vanilla. We don't have Starbucks in my area but a chain called Cup & Chino (or similar) where some of the shops are good and some crap. The main one nearest me tripled its size two years ago, but only doubled the number of (student) employees, and it can take an age and three to get served. I don't go there any more since:

Last time I was there they had five people working. I sat in the non-smoking section and got my order taken after fifteen minutes. I didn't get the coffee though. After half an hour I asked where it was and had to give my order up again. Half an hour later I used my mobile to telephone the cafe and ask where it was. Half an hour later I got my coffee. The person taking the order said it wasn't her job to ensure that customers she served actually received their order! I was joined by a friend (the only reason I had stayed there so long) and ordered coffee again. Half an hour later I went to the bar and ordered again and waited so that I could take it with me - along with two lovely large cigars. We drank our coffee, I tucked my cigars away and we left. Three hours or so in all, and I think the money I saved by not paying made up for their lack of service.

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

gourmet schmormey. i eat instant out of the jar, with a soup spoon.

woo. how hardcore is that.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Quote Originally Posted by sheramil
    gourmet schmormey. i eat instant out of the jar, with a soup spoon.

woo. how hardcore is that.
    So does Mr Bean ... any similarities in other aspects of your life?

That is hardXcore! You love the beans!

+ Reply to Thread