+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help what do you think...

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

Default Help what do you think...

Okay, so my friend Chase's mom died in the mudslides, and Chase is my very very very good friend and his mom was the coolest most amazing woman ever... i havent been able to talk to him because his house is under the mud but i plan on driving up to her funeral... he lost his home and his mom... i've been really upset. i was thinking about giving him something, but im not sure if that's a retarded idea. he lost EVERYTHING like sentamental stuff, so i was thinking of buying him a skull fingurine because he collected them and i think it would be kind of special, but then i was thinking that is retarded because he doesn't need a skull- he needs everything in his house and his mom...maybe like 100 dollars, a heartfelt letter, and a skull figurine? or should i just give him nothing, because giving him something would be akward? or maybe just a heartfelt letter that i wrote, or no? i dont know what to do, he is one of my favorite people, i feel like i need to give him something... maybe just my love and support? tell me what you think, sorry this is so long.

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

Default Re: Help what do you think...

very sad.

well of course it depends on you and your relationship to him. Personally I wouldn't find a skull figurine very appropriate if I lost my mother though. Offer him your support & your shoulder.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

It is important for you to offer your support. I would not give him anything in terms of the material goods you mention. You should attend the funeral not only for him but for yourself. He needs his friends to be strong now. You need to have closure both for Scott and yourself. I'm saying this based on my personal experiences. My Condolences for your loss and that of your friend.

OEC

okay yah thats what i thought, i will just give him my support, and tell him if he needs ANYTHING i am here for him. thanks for the words of advice

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

yeah i dont know why but giving him something would not be right

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Quote Originally Posted by bre.star
    ... maybe just my love and support? tell me what you think, .

just the love,support and maybe REAL big hug.....for what ever cheesy reason that always take care of me.......

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Does he have a place to stay? If he is in a motel or something, a figurine might just be a depressing responsibility to carry around. If he is trying to set up a new place, then I think the figurine would be thoughtful. Either way, it is nice that you thought of it. Maybe go to the funeral and just let him know you are there for him and then get him a gift after you have a better sense of where he is at and what he needs right now.

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Does he have a place to stay? If he is in a motel or something, a figurine might just be a depressing responsibility to carry around. If he is trying to set up a new place, then I think the figurine would be thoughtful. Either way, it is nice that you thought of it. Maybe go to the funeral and just let him know you are there for him and then get him a gift after you have a better sense of where he is at and what he needs right now.
    Agreed. You're his friend for immaterial reasons. Though it seems like a nice gesture to give him a gift it would be best postponed until later. Tend to what can't be replaced before working on what can.

My two sense anyways..
    I know what you mean tohugh my friend's Grandmothers house was flooded, most of it was destroyed.

thanks again for all the input i am just going to be the best friend that i can be. i am going crazy not able to speak to him! he saved my life, he is one of the nicest people ever! i believe he's staying with his dad that had never really been in his life. (hes 17 so hes not on his own quite yet)

+ Reply to Thread