+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sad PETA video...

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

Default sad PETA video...

http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video....=wm&speed=_med

this video is pretty sad... watch it only if you want to feel guilty while you are eating animal products.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Default Re: sad PETA video...

Quote Originally Posted by bre.star
    http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video....=wm&speed=_med

this video is pretty sad... watch it only if you want to feel guilty while you are eating animal products.
    Id probably take it more seriously if it wasnt PETA, they usually find the worst possible farm, or even commit the cruelty acts themselves pretending thats what always happens. I dont feel guilt eating meat, which is why I usually buy organic or small farm grown. I happily pay the extra money for better quality meat and eggs. Living overseas, Ive also had to slaughter my own animals or watch my dinner that night die by slicing its throat. I guess I got over being sensitive to it at that point.

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    I dont feel guilt eating meat, which is why I usually buy organic or small farm grown. I happily pay the extra money for better quality meat and eggs. .

me too

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    Living overseas, Ive also had to slaughter my own animals or watch my dinner that night die by slicing its throat. I guess I got over being sensitive to it at that point.
    me too

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i held a pig down as my uncle killed it for a cook out i was covered in blood but i had no trouble eating it after and yeah the PETA people do over exagerate things

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Bah, It's PETA...all their videos are overly dramatic crap. They always leave out the fact none of the animals being "abused" would exist if they were not raised to be eaten. These are not cratures captured in the wild. They are born and breed to be slaughtered and I have NO problems eating them.

They are ANIMALS...and no matter how much personality you want to give them people they are not like pets in this case...they are FOOD...plain and simple.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

i've been a vegitariian my entire life,only because the whole house was so there was nmo meat,but i could'nt give a damn what they do to the animals,it's oftern not right,but fuck the whole worlds not right.

i've only stayed a vegi my whole life out of habit,i'll puke my brains out, it's healthier, but i will say i can grill up some BAD-ASS chicken, but i've never actually ttried it,everybody else loves it. and i have absoulutly no problem with meat eaters,just thought i'd add that...........

sorry my spelling went to shit today........

animals are for eating

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by 23*
    animals are for eating
    And for racing agianst each other or dressing up to look like people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    And for racing agianst each other or dressing up to look like people.

shit thats funny lol

I can't load the video but as you can see by the responses PETA has lost a lot of credibility. Even if they could prove the meat industry was making hamburger by beating kittens to death with babies, people would still shrug it off as PETA over sensationalizing. I have seen the inside of a slaughter house and it is not a pretty site, but until PETA thinks through thier messages I tend to join the writing off every thing they say.

In a PETA perfect world, every diabetic friend I have right now would be dead.

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

I found the video entertaining. as far as changing my prefrence in eating habits, it didn't do a thing.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

I stopped eating pork for a while when I saw an old Nazi video of them taking a blowtorch to a live pig.

Other than that, I'm a carnivore, although vegetarian lasagne is good.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I read a book about factory farms. It is a pretty disguisting industry. You can still buy meat from local farms that don't engage in such practices.

OEC

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I eat wild game, I dress up like rambo and make my own bow and arrows...ok no I don't but I do prerf wild game to raise animals with all kinds of genetic shit in em...as for dressing animlas up I am thinking about buying my dog Veruca a sweater cause she doesn't have alot of fur on her tummy in this cold..but it doesn't seem to bother here....as for PETA, they and thier ilk of special interest groups are as bad as the make believe things they protest

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Quote Originally Posted by hewhoisagod
    I stopped eating pork for a while when I saw an old Nazi video of them taking a blowtorch to a live pig.
    That wasn't a nazi video, it was documentation created to show the process for treatments of severe burns.

Yes it did look rather painfull on the pigs part.

HellDragon's Avatar Junior Member

My take on the situation...once again proving my theory that all true wisdom be found on tshirts.
    "If we weren't intended to eat animals, they would not be made of meat."
    "Vegetables aren't food, they're what food eats."

~HellDragon~

Im not sure what I think of that, but I do know that I think that P.E.T.A. is a bunch of hypocrates in most cases, but I dont know all the details though.**

adorn_shadow's Avatar Senior Member

I liek a good rib eye steak as much as the next guy. Fuck you peta right in your stupid asses! I grew up in tthe country, there for buying a half of beef from your local butcher, or bringing in a cow to have it butchered. I live in the city now and it sucks, no more fresh as hell meat! Maybe peta should put more effort into trying to get people to buy meat from independant farmers, not just turn the whole damn world into vegitarians! One of my best friends is a vegitarian, but he is a vegitarian because he doesnt like the taste of meat, and never has. so it was just a natural thing for him. (plus hes sensitive) lol.

+ Reply to Thread