+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Would you want to work for Donald Trump?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Would you want to work for Donald Trump?

I watched the first season of The Apprentice and kind of changed my opinion of reality shows. Enjoyed the season, agreed with the final choice of winner, thought it looked like a fun game to play.

I watched the second season and thought the whole season blew. I couldn't understand how they had managed to find such a huge number of useless people or how they managed to fire some of the decent ones first. The person they had "win" didn't seem to really have won the tasks and didn't seem more qualified than the person who came in second. Then again, it didn't seem like they really gave him a very responsible position at the end.

I just started watching the third season of the show. One of the people on the winning team this last episode just packed her bag and started aimlessly walking down the street away from the show. One of Trump's highest level people had to come talk her into coming back. The project manager/team leader of the losing team got to the part where he was supposed to defend himself and make a case for why he should still be a contender to win. Trump asked the guy if he should be fired and he just said, "yes." After having had a taste, he didn't want the job apparently.

So it looks like even the contestants on The Apprentice don't want to work for Donald Trump now. Would you want to?

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Default Re: Would you want to work for Donald Trump?

every time I talk to my mon she tells me she wants to meet donald trump or something. does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by Camby Savelle
    every time I talk to my mon she tells me she wants to meet donald trump or something. does that count?

Is she watching the show or has she just always had a thing for him?

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I'd work for Trump if he wanted to expand his interests into Ukraine. I understand the language and culture, he does not. I'd make him money, but I'd help the people out more

OEC

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

I don't know if she watches the show or not. I think she bought a book by him. theres a good chance she does though.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Hell no...he's fun to watch but if I had to hear his voice each day or worse his kids...I'd seriously lose it. I loved the first season of his show as well...2nd was indeed garbage...I'm amazed it's gone to a third.

He just seems like the kind of guy who is scummy and vile once you get to know him.

I also find his taste in design and women to be below average. He's great at what he does but...yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Hell no...he's fun to watch but if I had to hear his voice each day or worse his kids...I'd seriously lose it. I loved the first season of his show as well...2nd was indeed garbage...I'm amazed it's gone to a third.

He just seems like the kind of guy who is scummy and vile once you get to know him.

I also find his taste in design and women to be below average. He's great at what he does but...yuck.

I kind of respect that he refuses to let other people's notions of good taste rule what he likes or showing what he likes. I'm uncomfortable with the fact that he is as harsh on others who share that trait with him i.e. like Raj from last season or Danny from this one.

First season, I thought I would adore him if I got to know him. I think you are probably right though, given that he seems a lot less likeable now that one can see more of him. Though it might just be TV producer requirements to introduce more Survivor style reality conflict and game playing. I felt like the first season, people were genuinely talented and capable and genuinely trying to win. Last season, I felt kinda bad about being female and the whole thing was just agonizing.

Who is his kid?

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Last I heard all his kids were going into the family buisness...the most "famous" was his daughter (Ivanka Trump)who was a runway model for a bit. They come off nicer than their father in interviews but it seems in the flesh they are not far removed from his style and personality. Not that they would be...gotta emulate a winner and all.

I dunno if it's delibrate or what but the show went from interesting to laughable very fast. It just does not feel "real" in any sense. It makes one think "If that's real buisness no wonder they are so hated" and you shouldn't lose sympathy from your viewers or your ability to identify with them. Do that and you have a show and characters that you'd rather see dead than achieve anything.

His sense of style reminds me too much of the stereotypical rich white guy style...gold, euro trash model girlfriend, nazi engineered children, and the voice of that uncle you hate growing up. He disgusts me as a celebrity...as an actual man...who knows, maybe I'd dig him.

I can respect what he's accomplished...but not the image he's been fostering over the years.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i wouldnt work for Trump but i wouldnt mind working for Richard Branson cause he seems prety cool and more "in your face" lol

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    So it looks like even the contestants on The Apprentice don't want to work for Donald Trump now. Would you want to?

"You must be fully behind someone before you can stab him in the back."
    - Sir Humphrey Appleby

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Work for him directly? no, I think I'd prefer to be somebody else' help

+ Reply to Thread