+ Reply to Thread

Thread: lost my voice rehearsing today....damn.......

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default lost my voice rehearsing today....damn.......

well, everything is frozen here,and we just got booked for a show next week,not too big or anything but should be cool,so we figered,since everything is locked in today, we'd venture out on the ice to, meet/rehearse...we haven't played since that last show........

Wellllll....only like 3 songs into it i just...,BAM, lost my voice....for like an hour......it sucks so damn bad,i sound like shit now and my throat hurts like hell..........coffee goes down nice,but damn hope it heals by showtime........

Anybody know any quick fixes,i've always taking care of it with warming up/and after show care,but this hasen't happened in forever,and that was during a show and i didn't have a show after that,therefor didn't care

chloraseptic's nice too........

ohh and frozen Georgia fuckin' sucks.....

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: lost my voice rehearsing today....damn.......

red wine, green tea, and marijuana or alternately Dayquil and sucrets

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    well, everything is frozen here,and we just got booked for a show next week,not too big or anything but should be cool,so we figered,since everything is locked in today, we'd venture out on the ice to, meet/rehearse...we haven't played since that last show........

Wellllll....only like 3 songs into it i just...,BAM, lost my voice....for like an hour......it sucks so damn bad,i sound like shit now and my throat hurts like hell..........coffee goes down nice,but damn hope it heals by showtime........

Anybody know any quick fixes,i've always taking care of it with warming up/and after show care,but this hasen't happened in forever,and that was during a show and i didn't have a show after that,therefor didn't care

chloraseptic's nice too........

ohh and frozen Georgia fuckin' sucks.....
    Green Tea and the *hardcore* throat lozenges work sometimes. N-ICE works. I'd go beyond chloraseptic, u need some stimulation to the chords.

OEC

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

dam, sorry to hear that.

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

that sucks, i would just recommend what everyone else has said. green tea and throat losenges. also keep your voice rested, no talking!

eww one time i got pnemonia before my big chorus solo in 7th grade chorus. it sucked, i embarressed myself, my teacher hated me. i never did chorus again! hehe yah okay sorry ill shut up...

HellDragon's Avatar Junior Member

I sing myself (although not professionally, but I am titled bard of our household in the SCA), and i HIGHLY reccomend this stuff called "clear voice," if you can find it around you, or at clearvoicespray. I can't add the three w's, or the three letter thing at the end, as I cannot post links yet, but I can't even count the number of times this stuff has ressurected my voice after a night of sitting around a campfire inhaling enough wood smoke to cure a large ham.

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

Zinc Losenges, Lemon water.
    Avoid coffee, avoid soda, avoid milk.

Zinc losenges can be found at any healthfood store or drug store. Even Walmart and Zellers carry them. Taste like HELL but they work.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

That sucks big time! I hope it heals in time for your gig. If it does heal in time, break a leg at your gig!

adorn_shadow's Avatar Senior Member

Green tea or camomile tea works(i dont think i spelt that right) zinc lozenges are good, I find a quick fix on stage lol is buckleys, I always have a bottle on stage just in case I start to loose my voice, take a sqig of that, make a funny face and you are good for about 20 minutes!

Tea (whatever kind) with lemon juice and honey in it. It tastes good, too.

+ Reply to Thread