+ Reply to Thread

Thread: martha stewart to replace donald trump

and your little dog too

Default martha stewart to replace donald trump

from yahoo

Stewart to Star in New 'Apprentice'

By DERRIK J. LANG, Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK - Martha Stewart (news - web sites), you're hired. The masterminds behind "The Apprentice" — Donald Trump and Mark Burnett_ and NBC announced Wednesday that Stewart will host "The Apprentice: Martha Stewart."

"Mark and I have always admired her," Trump said. "She's a very brave woman. She's built a multimillion-dollar empire. It was an easy decision. We think this will be an absolutely tremendous success."

Burnett didn't reveal many details about the new version of the business-themed reality show, such as whether there will be a boardroom or when the show would begin taping.

But Stewart's take on "Apprentice" should be distinct, Burnett said. "Martha has her own empire, which has a different look and feel," he said.

Her show will film in either New York or Connecticut, where the Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. empire is located. Sixteen to 18 contestants will vie for a one-year job with her company and $250,000 salary.

Casting has already begun. Producers currently seeking applicants for the fourth edition of Trump's "Apprentice" will also search for Martha wannabes. And a graphic with Stewart's face touting "Apply now to be Martha Stewart's Apprentice!" has already sprung up on NBC's Web site.

Since Stewart is not allowed to conduct business while in prison, Burnett made it clear his deal with Stewart was completed before the domestic mogul entered prison — although he's made monthly visits to her.

She was convicted last year of lying about why she unloaded shares of ImClone Systems Inc. stock in 2001, just before the price plunged. Stewart began serving her five-month sentence in October, and is scheduled for release in early March from a prison in Alderson, W.Va.

"Since the last four months, Martha's been incarcerated and has given no input," said Burnett.

Wednesday's announcement means Stewart will have two shows. On Dec. 8 it was announced that she will revive her daily homemaking show next September, this time with a live audience, celebrity guests and with Burnett's help.

Filming on her "Apprentice" could begin as early as March when Stewart goes from prison to house arrest. Under her probation, she'll be allowed to work outside of her home, which Burnett said may include shooting the show.

Other moguls have attempted to walk in Trump's reality TV show shoes — such as Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban and Virgin owner Richard Branson, who starred in "Apprentice"-like shows. But both garnered low ratings.

Trump, who will stay in the boardroom for "Apprentice" seasons four and five, is ready to guide Stewart to success.

"With Branson and Cuban, I wanted them to fail," said Trump. "Fortunately, they did. Martha and I are teammates."

But just how far will the team mentality go?

Will Trump appear on her show or vice versa? Maybe, he said.

And will Stewart recite Trump's infamous phrase "you're fired" before eliminating contestants?

"She's probably going to use a different expression," said Trump.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Re: martha stewart to replace donald trump

I really really hope this is a joke...if not then NBC's HQ needs to be firebombed into oblivion.

Instead of saying "You're fired," she'll bake them a cake that says "Get the fuck of my show, you bastard!"

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

She is not replacing Trump. It is an additional show under Trump and Barnett's Apprentice brand.

Go to this link to apply to be on the show.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

oh dear god it's not a joke...

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

I think Martha was set up by jealous male co-workers. FREE MARTHA!!! Why don't they put OJ in jail where he belongs? Why is Martha in jail and OJ free?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    I think Martha was set up by jealous male co-workers. FREE MARTHA!!! Why don't they put OJ in jail where he belongs? Why is Martha in jail and OJ free?
    People definitely have issues with strong powerful women.

I'm sort of interested to see how she does with this show. I know someone who partied with her right before she went to the slammer and I think that she may be doing some of the replacement mom work of teaching people how to present a nice front, regardless of the situation you are in. Stuff that mothers taught prior generations, but that I don't think most mothers teach today.

spdstsposeo's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    HAHAHA good point. I don't think that OJ being found not guilty will ever leave the surface

+ Reply to Thread