+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flu 2005!

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Flu 2005!

Well like the pope and just about everyone else I've been tormented by the nasty flu bug going around. It's made me a bit sharped tooth as a result so If I've been a bit mean to any I am sorry...between medication, insomnia, and constant fever it's hard to be civil.

Anyone a bit alarmed at how nasty the assorted flu bugs have gotten over the last few years? They seem to lay one up for at least a week and take a bit to get back to 100%. Now while they are mild compared to that one back in 1918 (or was it 1919?) that killed off a good number of people...it's still a bit unerving to be brought to ones knees by it. Anyone else suffering through it or wondering is this is one massive science project dreamed up by the boys over at Area-51?

Forestghost's Avatar Knowlege is power!

Default Re: Flu 2005!

Well, lets just say that I'm a major fan of the book "THE STAND" by Stephen King. Have you read it? Or seen the awesome movie? Because after seeing the flu wipe out 99% of the North American population...all because of a governement experiment....let me tell you, I'm always worried when I start sneezing or getting a fever during flu season!

Maybe, maybe it's a secret form of population control...older people are living too long these days, so the government is killing them off with the flu. Hmmm...could be....could be!

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

i got my flu shot this year and so far havent be bothered personally. but my brother had it for a week and is still getting over it.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I'm usually the first person to catch these things and they tend to lay me up for a couple of weeks, but I didn't get it at all this year. (Knock on wood.) This may just be a testament to how little I've been getting out not being able to drive or anything on my ankle.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Well like the pope and just about everyone else I've been tormented by the nasty flu bug going around. It's made me a bit sharped tooth as a result so If I've been a bit mean to any I am sorry...between medication, insomnia, and constant fever it's hard to be civil.

Anyone a bit alarmed at how nasty the assorted flu bugs have gotten over the last few years? They seem to lay one up for at least a week and take a bit to get back to 100%. Now while they are mild compared to that one back in 1918 (or was it 1919?) that killed off a good number of people...it's still a bit unerving to be brought to ones knees by it. Anyone else suffering through it or wondering is this is one massive science project dreamed up by the boys over at Area-51?
    Sorry to hear about your illness. We really need to do something about the availability of flu shots. I heard some real horror stories this year.

OEC

+ Reply to Thread