+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how to deal with sexual assault

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default how to deal with sexual assault

it's not me. unfortunetly, cuz if someone tried to touch me i'd throw em through a fucking wall, and that would be the end of that. but it's a freind of mine, and even worse when she told her boyfreind that she just got ***** he said it was her fault and broke up with her. that's so fucked up I have no idea even what to say or do about it.

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: how to deal with sexual assault

oh man, thats just aweful!!! gosh i dont really know what to say either, just be there for her for moral support. wow, thats really sad i would personally go bash her boyfriends car in with a bat or something...

spdstsposeo's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by bre.star
    oh man, thats just aweful!!! gosh i dont really know what to say either, just be there for her for moral support. wow, thats really sad i would personally go bash her boyfriends car in with a bat or something...
    Maybe his face while your at it?

Hula Hoop Supervisor

That's pretty fucked up for a guy to do that...but not uncommon. The only thing you can do for your friend is listen to her...just listen and support her and make sure she knows it's NOT her fault. Before anything though make sure you get her to see a doctor. It's key she gets checked out and while it's not easy...it has to be done. She'll need any and all support she can get ...it's gonna be a tough road man...very tough. Get her to talk as much as you can...about anything. If no one wants to guide her in what to do about it then she'll need outside help in facing any legal action she wants to take...but like I said before...make sure she gets taken care of medicaly first. It's not an easy step by any means but so VERY important.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it. I think if she just has some time to cool down she'll be allright.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

http://www.rainn.org/

This helped me get my head around what to do better...good place to find local help too.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by bre.star

Let me just echo what bre.star said here and TZ's sentiments. Definitely stress to her that it is not her fault and that not everyone male is as rotten as her attacker or her BF. Depending on what happened (i.e. whether there was fluids exposure or battery) she may not need a doctor doctor, but a counselor experienced at helping people through this sort of thing could really help. The RAINN link should be useful.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    it's not me. unfortunetly, cuz if someone tried to touch me i'd throw em through a fucking wall, and that would be the end of that. but it's a freind of mine, and even worse when she told her boyfreind that she just got ***** he said it was her fault and broke up with her. that's so fucked up I have no idea even what to say or do about it.
    Im so sorry for your friend. Its not easy dealing with that sort of situation, so just being there and as others have said, make sure she understands its not her fault. Women blame themselves when something like this happens.

And I second the bashing the exs face in with a baseball bat. No need to waste a perfectly good car.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I'd bash that guy then try to get her help. These sort of things take a piece of your soul even when you are not the direct victim.

OEC

As TZ said, she has a long road ahead. Those things tend to affect a person's life indefinitely, but like any other traumatic experience, it can be overcome. Echoing the sentiments regarding letting her know it is not her fault. Her ex-b/f is clearly no more than a child who isn't strong enough to deal with the situation - no loss there and no sense in her wasting time thinking about him. Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread