+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Would you pay for a girl's abortion?

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Would you pay for a girl's abortion?

As far as paying half, I would be thinking about how much I would have to pay if she ended up keeping the kid. Considering how much you would pay in child support, etc, I would happily pay for the whole thing. But in a more fair and ethical viewpoint, it should be 50/50. Then again, you could take both viewpoints of responsibility. That the woman should not let any dick near her, if she does not want to take responsibility for what happens. Or that the man should not stick his dick in anyone, without taking responsibility for what happens. So it seems like in reality, it is a 50/50 responsibility when people choose to have sex. So paying for the consequences should also be a 50/50 thing. But in the real world, I would probably happily pay for the whole thing, to avoid being on Jerry Springer later in life...

I had a kid when I was 19. I'll spend the rest of my life loving & providing for both her & her mother, even though I don't love or want to be with her.(mom) Let me tell you that after 9 years of that bullshit it is HARD. Men need to take some more fucking responsability and grow the hell up.

I've dated a few women who have had abortions, one had two within a few years. All of them were emotionally wrecked, either from the abortion directly, or from somthing they tried to hide/bury in the mind.

az

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

i knew a girl who has had 5 or more and she thinks they'er the way to go. but other girls i know that only had one wished they had'nt done it.
    if someone wants ot do it the man should help. she may not be able to go somewhere safe otherwise.
    i am one of those women who do'nt have regulr cycles. i also have 5 kids and one on the way.my son was one of those that made it past the pill. he is purfect in every way. i love all my kids very much and i'm glad i never got rid of any of them.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by PrettySkullButAngryWhore
    What if you get pregnant while ON birth control? Which is what happened in my case. It actually is more common than people think.
    Was a condom used? I know a woman whos husband was 'clipped' (lol), she was on BC AND they used a condom, and she STILL got preggo. BUT, how often do you see that happening? BC is a preventative measure for women, condoms should still be used if you are not with that person and do not want children. We know taking antibiotics actually increases your chances of getting preggo on BC, and that BC is not ALWAYS going to prevent it. I was on Depo for 10 years, never had a period (since I was 14 years old up until a few months ago when I had a hysto), knew I was not fertile, but still used condoms as I knew BC is not always 100% effective.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by end_this_day
    why pay when a quick punch to the gut and a douche will take care of it
    How untasteful. I hope no woman ever comes to you pregnant.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

It was a joke.
    A tasteless joke, but that's expected here!

Now for the real thing:

http://www.poe-news.com/stories.php?poeurlid=42217

That's a good reason for offering free abortions and birth control.
    If it's not available, this is the result...

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight
    It was a joke.

Now for the real thing:

Of course lets throw personal responsibility out the window, as long as theres a quick fix to everything, itll keep happening.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight
    It was a joke.

Now for the real thing:

That wasn't an expense thing. From what I've read about that case, the kids came from decently well-off homes. The problem was that teens need parental permission for an abortion where they lived and the girl didn't think she could get permission from her parents.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    That wasn't an expense thing. From what I've read about that case, the kids came from decently well-off homes. The problem was that teens need parental permission for an abortion where they lived and the girl didn't think she could get permission from her parents.
    yeah thats a big problem in some places especially the bible belt i think they need to either get rid of those laws or change them to were you can get some kind of legal permission if you really need it without having to go through your parents

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

that's a real fucking lame cop-out to say, hey well, I just wanted to have sex, I didn't want the responsibilty of being a parent. that's like saying well yeah I pointed the gun at the guy, but I didn't intend to shoot him. whether you like it or not, you have to face the fact that it's a possibility. if you don't want to take that chance, then don't have sex. it's really that simple. which is more important, your desire for sexual gratification or your desire not to have to dedicate the next 18 years of your life to someone else?

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    that's a real fucking lame cop-out to say, hey well, I just wanted to have sex, I didn't want the responsibilty of being a parent. that's like saying well yeah I pointed the gun at the guy, but I didn't intend to shoot him. whether you like it or not, you have to face the fact that it's a possibility. if you don't want to take that chance, then don't have sex. it's really that simple. which is more important, your desire for sexual gratification or your desire not to have to dedicate the next 18 years of your life to someone else?
    or the person could simply use protection i know thats not a 100% garuntee of not getting pregnant but still most of the cases you hear about are kids getting pregnant from having unprotected sex its really really stupid

yeah, but I meant in all cases, including using protection, because we know it can fail.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have (protected) sex, i'm just saying no matter what you do there's still a chance that if you have sex it can lead to pregnancy, so you should keep that in mind and you don't have any excuse for saying that it's not your responisibility.

yeah, but I meant in all cases, including using protection, because we know it can fail.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have (protected) sex, i'm just saying no matter what you do there's still a chance that if you have sex it can lead to pregnancy, so you should keep that in mind and you don't have any excuse for saying that it's not your responisibility.
    I don't think someone should have to be celibate for life because they don't want kids.

yeah but I also think because they are lazy assholes that they shouldn't get the right to fuck up someone elses life. just because you have kids doesn't make you a parent, but it damn well should.
    what's it gonna take for people to grow some balls and start thinking about other people than themselves, especially one's that can't take care of themselves. it would make me feel pretty fucking low if my parents were always like I coulda had a real life if it wasn't for you. It's not your kids fault that you couldn't keep your shit in your pants, so yeah, if it comes down to being that kinda "parent" then maybe it is better if you don't have contact with other people.

yeah but I also think because they are lazy assholes that they shouldn't get the right to fuck up someone elses life. just because you have kids doesn't make you a parent, but it damn well should.
    what's it gonna take for people to grow some balls and start thinking about other people than themselves, especially one's that can't take care of themselves. it would make me feel pretty fucking low if my parents were always like I coulda had a real life if it wasn't for you. It's not your kids fault that you couldn't keep your shit in your pants, so yeah, if it comes down to being that kinda "parent" then maybe it is better if you don't have contact with other people.
    I might not be following what you are saying. Are you saying that anyone who has sex, no matter how much protection they are using and how non-promiscuous they are being, should be obligated to have children if their birth control fails?

I know I think that if someone chooses to have a child, telling the child they are cramping the parents' style is basically evil. And I don't mean good funny ha ha evil. I mean ought-to-be-ashamed inhuman evil.

I guess I have pretty different feelings about a blastula of undifferentiated cells and a real live breathing thinking human being who can feel pain or happiness though.

no, what I'm saying is that if you have to accept the possibility that sex can lead to pregnancy, and if it does, then it's your responsibility, no matter what you choose to do at that point, and you should be prepared to deal with that. I'm saying you should think about that before you have sex. If you're prepared to deal with possibility, then by all means have sex, because as long as you do use proper protection, then you're most likely going to be allright. If that's something that you can't deal with and don't want to under any circumstance, then maybe abstinance IS the way for you to go.

no, what I'm saying is that if you have to accept the possibility that sex can lead to pregnancy, and if it does, then it's your responsibility, no matter what you choose to do at that point, and you should be prepared to deal with that. I'm saying you should think about that before you have sex. If you're prepared to deal with possibility, then by all means have sex, because as long as you do use proper protection, then you're most likely going to be allright. If that's something that you can't deal with and don't want to under any circumstance, then maybe abstinance IS the way for you to go.
    Ah, I totally agree with that. We are all ultimately responsible for the choices we make. People who don't accept that they own their own actions put a bee in my bonnet.

right on. I support pro-choice all the way, and there are many justified reasons for having an abortion. however, it's not like it's one way or the other. there are many steps that people can take before that point so that, I feel, there may come a day where abortion is no longer even an issue, and the only need for it will be in extrenous situations where most rational people would agree that it's the best choice. we just gotta educate people, that's the answer, because just stopping for a few minutes and doing a little forthought really makes a difference in most situations. the ultra-right conservatives want to ban educating people, because they think "if they know about it, then they'll do it"... well yeah that is true, but not in the case of irresponsible sexual activity, the opposite in fact. they'll see the right things to do and be more likely to do them. ignorance is not the way, just look how great that's working out for Africa.

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

Well put, but lets assume not EVERYONE having sex wants children for a moment. Some girls aren't able to take the miracle pill because of nasty side effects, condoms don't always work. Any believer in 'coitus interuptus' needs a wake up call. Sometimes things happen. It's a fact of life.

I'd pay for an abortion or two, but, depending on how serious I was with the girl I'd recommend keeping it.

DharmaLion's Avatar Devil's Advocate

hrm...tough subject for me.

without going into long and extremely gory details:

1. yes, I would pay for an abortion in a heart beat. Some people should simply NOT be allowed to be parents.

2. While it is a fact that it is the woman's body, absolving or removing the man from any part of the decision making is just WRONG. If you want to have a kid against my wishes, then you should be willing to foot the bill on your own. Add in the extortion factor and what you end up with is a huge fucking mess. Domestic relations is a joke in this country and has become a major source of revenue for states. No longer are they interested in the best interests of the child, but are instead only interested in what income can be generatede from that child. The whole thing is disgusting and unless you have actually experienced an unplanned pregnancy you should sit down and STFU.

+ Reply to Thread