+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hair Dye...

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Hair Dye...

im trying to get my hair super blonde right now. i dont like my mom's hair dresser, so i went to a nice hair salon and i lucked out, i got the best hair dresser EVER. she says it takes a few times of bleaching it to get it super blonde, but im so happy with the way it turned out! i just dont want to go back though because i left her a huge tip last time because i was so happy...

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Ok... so I got it bleached today. They did it twice but the tips are a bit orangey. So I'm getting the tips bleached once more in about a week.

Bedlamite

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietPlace
    Ok... so I got it bleached today. They did it twice but the tips are a bit orangey. So I'm getting the tips bleached once more in about a week.
    Cool!!! Don't forget the silver hair shampoo, and plenty of good conditioner!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedanima
    Cool!!! Don't forget the silver hair shampoo, and plenty of good conditioner!!!
    I got this flipping great conditioner 50% off... it by Bed Head I think. It was 20$... I got it for 10$.

Anyways... my bleaching was NOT cheap. It was roughly 75$

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Oh my god, you finally did it! So how does it feel to be blonde?

Oh, well for touch-ups, you can try to do it yourself, I mean if you want to stay blonde and just do the roots...

Here is what you do: Coat your hair with conditioner or vaseline, except for the roots. Get 10 volume peroxide, and get either Clairol 7th Stage or Wella, and make sure it is blue (open the bottle and look), and buy whatever bleaching powder goes with it (Clairol or Wella, whatever you buy).

Follow the directions on how to mix them together, brush on roots, leave on for 15 to 20 minutes, test it and see if it is blonde, if not, leave in longer.

This will save you lots of money. I actually do this, and I do half the mixture, and it costs about $3.00 each time...

So you might want to look into doing this if you want to stay blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    Oh, well for touch-ups, you can try to do it yourself, I mean if you want to stay blonde and just do the roots...

Here is what you do: Coat your hair with conditioner or vaseline, except for the roots. Get 10 volume peroxide, and get either Clairol 7th Stage or Wella, and make sure it is blue (open the bottle and look), and buy whatever bleaching powder goes with it (Clairol or Wella, whatever you buy).

Follow the directions on how to mix them together, brush on roots, leave on for 15 to 20 minutes, test it and see if it is blonde, if not, leave in longer.

This will save you lots of money. I actually do this, and I do half the mixture, and it costs about $3.00 each time...

So you might want to look into doing this if you want to stay blonde.
    Thanks for the tips!

As to your previous reply... It feels great! I'll get some pics up very soon.

Woot! Pictures are on their way! Lemme style me hair... and I'll post some pics.

I don't like my pose.
    But heres the pic.

http://www.ipf-inc.org/ccount10/click.php?id=18

Wow! You did it! You are totally blonde!!! Try that stuff I mentioned, it will get rid of some of the orange. Do you have color on that? Or is it just bleach. My hair is just bleach no toner, no color....

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    Wow! You did it! You are totally blonde!!! Try that stuff I mentioned, it will get rid of some of the orange. Do you have color on that? Or is it just bleach. My hair is just bleach no toner, no color....
    I'd bleach it again and use some high volume toner to get the red out, if she wants arctic blonde.

OEC

Okies. Just got it bleached again on the tips. This BTW is the third bleaching. The black I had in my hair is stubborn, and so the tips are still a bit orange like. So wed. evening I shall post a pic with the white toner in.

Haha! Just bleached it the fourth time, and its platinum, and white in some areas! I like it. I had my friend do it for me, so it was free. (Her mom is a hairstyler, and she did nails for 10 years or so...anyways, so I got it done for free and I'll post a non emo-pose picture soon).

+ Reply to Thread