+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What makes you Good or Evil?

Default What makes you Good or Evil?

Especially if Morals are subjective to society? **

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default Re: What makes you Good or Evil?

your want to help other and acting on it,giving up your seat to that lady,just becuse,not becuse you want to bang her.......just...being a good person to yourself others and the enviroment.............

But how about if you are concerned with yourself, and almost only do stuff if it benefits you , but will on occasion do stuff to help others , just to be nice.

If it is for you, but it helps others, how about that?

*Shrugs*

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

Good and evil are differences in opinion, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakken
    Good and evil are differences in opinion, nothing more.
    Thats what I think, sort of. **:confused" **

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    But how about if you are concerned with yourself, and almost only do stuff if it benefits you , but will on occasion do stuff to help others , just to be nice.

If it is for you, but it helps others, how about that?

*Shrugs*
    if your doing it just to rectify all the self-benefit stuff,that's probally not ALL good........it's ok to think about your self ,and there ARE levels of being good,i mean you can be a good person once people get to know you, or you can be a fucking great person to every damn person/thing/whatever that crossed your path.......but both are good people nonetheless...........

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Choice makes you good or evil. Personally i choose evil. and you should thank me for it. I ooze evil so others can be good. It's all part of the chaos we create in life.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Your actions. Mainly how said actions effect others. Some of your actions may be evil to some and good to others...your own "moral compass" so to speak tends to give you an indication of good and evil. You can choose to respect others and not harm them or engage in actions that will break down respect and harm many...ultimately how you leave things with people and how your actions effect the world around you will decide if they are good or evil...your own perceptions on it counts a bit as well...but in time history will decide who you were long after you have expired.

Best bet is to just follow your gut.

*Shrugs* Brought this up for philosophical debate, or whatever it is called.

La_ExotiQue's Avatar Nigga plz

damn it i was going to reply but Tequila Zaire pretty much summed it up what i was going to say in their response.

Ellis's Avatar Kuwabara Kuwabara

Its sorta like this;
    Ther are two schools of thought, the spiritual side and the scientific side. The two frequently co-mingle and breed, but the child is always a mutant. Good and Evil are concepts belonging to the faith-based spiritual side of things, whilst the scientific side searches for reasons that certain behaviors exist.
    To some extent, good and evil are abject controll tools created by society/human nature to kee our actions in check, but human nature by definition makes them in a small way an inherant part of us. We decide, ultimately, for ourselves what good and evil are through a series of justifications and doubts. In my opinion, the line is drawn at selfishness. If you do something for a person, and for that person only, not hurting anyone else in the process, then you have done a good deed, but if you have selfish intentions, or your actions screw too many people over, that is leaning towards evil.
    Remember kids, evil is different from sinister.

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

I don't buy into ethical egoism & I don't buy into ethical relativism.

I don't believe in the notions of good or evil as real positive and negative forces.

So the first question people ask is "but what about the murderer or rapist?". I may get in trouble here but I don't believe that these people are evil where evil is some transcendent objective force.

I do believe that these actions and wrong however because they diminish the quality of living for others.

I like to do nice things for other people....does this make me good? No, it justs makes the path through life more pleasant for all concerned.

mr_d's Avatar rock star/internet geek
    everywhere and anywhere. I was a nomad till I was old enough to live on my own. I now consider Denver to be my hometown even thought I'm a New Yorker now.

Good and evil are just two points on a on a line relative to each other.

Instead of being black and white I see it as more of a spectrogram of gray. What's evil to one person is good to another, or in between.

For example, assisted suicide. Good or evil? The person wants to die but is unable to do it by him/herself. Killing another person is considering a "sin" in most religions but assuming the person helping is religious and therfore making the sacrifice of burning for eternity to help another person; doesn't it actually make the act one of Goodness?

I believe there truely isn't a good or an evil, they are just reference points for people.

+ Reply to Thread