+ Reply to Thread

Thread: gov. funding...

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

Default gov. funding...

I got this in my email today, and found it pretty interesting....

This makes you really think how the Government decides who gets how much........
    Only in Canada
    Ladies and gentlemen:
    Read it and weep!
    From the hard copy of the Toronto Star, 18 April 2004.

I found it interesting that the federal government provides a
    single refugee with a monthly allowance of $1,890.00 and each can also get an additional $580.00 in social assistance for a total of $2,470.00. This compares very well to a single pensioner who after contributing to the growth and development of Canada for 40 to 50 years can only receive a monthly maximum of $1,012.00 in old age pension and Guaranteed Income Supplement. Maybe our pensioners should apply as refugees!
    Lets send this to all Canadians, so we can all be fed up and maybe we can get the refugees cut back to $1,012.00 and the pensioners up
    to $2,470.00 and enjoy some of the money we were forced to submit to the Government over the last 40 or 50 years.

As well as this, immigrants in Canada can also get post-secondary education paid for in full. This also goes for many convicts in Canada such as Karla Holmoko who is now going through school to be a registered nurse. This part really pisses me off, I'm working my ass off to save up money for post-secondary while they get it all paid for, from my tax dollars.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: gov. funding...

wait a minute Canadians are bitching about only getting $1,012.00 for old people on top of govt subsidised healthcare and whatnot i know old people here that would have a heart attack if they found out they could get that much jesus christ

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

there was a similar uproar in ireland about two years ago. until then there was basically no visible foreign immigrants in the country. Now they are everywhere, Nigerians, romanian, Poles and Russians etc.

I'm delighted, they bring color to the country, contribute to its culture and of course are given a second chance; many of them coming from less than happy circumstances.

The important thing for you to remember is that if a government policy is doing you an injustice then it is the government rather than the immigrants who are at fault.

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 23*
    there was a similar uproar in ireland about two years ago. until then there was basically no visible foreign immigrants in the country. Now they are everywhere, Nigerians, romanian, Poles and Russians etc.

I'm delighted, they bring color to the country, contribute to its culture and of course are given a second chance; many of them coming from less than happy circumstances.

The important thing for you to remember is that if a government policy is doing you an injustice then it is the government rather than the immigrants who are at fault.
    i know its the governments fault.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

yeah but in canada we like to bitch but not do anything....kinda gets annoying after a while so it defualts to no one giving a damn cause no one wants to do anything....but right now in Canad there's a big herange about health care and there's no money but it amazes me when I see things like this and am informed our government hasa surplus of money, yet College/university tuitions go up and hospital care goes down....

+ Reply to Thread