+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pic posting

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Pic posting

d'oh twas intended as pm. Anyways, I was wondering what the general rule of thumb is on pic posting? I generally don't have to worry about it as most of my images are from overseas or self-taken.

OEC

Bizarre Star's Avatar Member

Default Re: Pic posting

Yeah Thanks for posting the pic/link...I checked outher site, its wonderful. Shes lovely. I adore the Dahlia in Wonderland.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizarre Star
    Yeah Thanks for posting the pic/link...I checked outher site, its wonderful. Shes lovely. I adore the Dahlia in Wonderland.
    Cool I definitely think her site deserves more attention. She's a cool girl

OEC

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I think that as long as it's not used without permission of someone whom would want permission, and you have however many posts, it's all gravey. oh yeah, and I think that the sexually explicit picture are to be reserved for the "erotica" section, and that probibly goes for overtly violent images too, but I don't knwo for sure on those, they're probibly ok if you give a warning about the content.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    I think that as long as it's not used without permission of someone whom would want permission, and you have however many posts, it's all gravey. oh yeah, and I think that the sexually explicit picture are to be reserved for the "erotica" section, and that probibly goes for overtly violent images too, but I don't knwo for sure on those, they're probibly ok if you give a warning about the content.
    Overly violent images are better left linked to and with a thread giving some warning as to what it is. Waaaay back when this board started a few theads had some pretty violent or just plain sick images that kinda felt like cheap shock tactics. Though really the rule of thumb is that you have to at least discuss what images you wish to share anyhow...always liked that about this place.

Thanks for the input. I was thinking more in terms of copyrights, but I looked it up. It is interesting how different cultures have different views on such matters (beyond legalities etc)

OEC

+ Reply to Thread