+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Victimless Crime

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

Default Victimless Crime

'lo everybody.

last week i stopped a bunch of kids torturing a pigeon - they had tied some string around its leg and were swinging it round. when i ran at them they made as if to tear the pigeons wings off. luckily the bird was ok, a bit freaked out but otherwise unharmed.

i spoke to the police about this at a roadshow they were having and they said:
    • if i ran to stop them again i could be arrested for threatening behaviour
    • they couldn't make any kind of arrest unless the pigeon belonged to someone
    • if i did call the police about this it would be highly likely that i would be done for wasting police time
    • you cannot class the torture of a wild bird as a crime unless the rspca get involved and prosecute
    • if it did get to court i would be laughed out of it
    • no victim = no crime.

Hmmm no victim equals no crime...

why, then, is pot illegal. but i have spent an hour figuring out the victims in this situation.
    • all those poor chocolate bars that will get eaten
    • the various insects buzzing around at this time of year who might get stoned due to secondary smoke
    • the trees cut down to make rolling papers
    • the plants used to make brownies

now obviously if you think of other victims then post them. i need to understand how a plant that grows naturally across the globe is so evil. i am not saying that everyone in the entire world should be stoned all the time - it's up to you. but what i eat, drink, smoke, watch, read, hear is entirely up to me so long as I do not harm any other person on this planet

it just seems backwards to me. what do you think?

koolagh's Avatar Resident Barbarian

Default Re: Victimless Crime

Evidently you do not live here in the states. Here, a common citizen CAN perform a citizens arrest on any one for any crime.
    Delibereatly (sp) harming ANY animal for the sole purpose of torture IS a crime.
    Here, you would have been seen as a "hero" of sorts, where as the assholes doing this would now be in a nice 6x8 room pondering if they should ask there family to send them soap-on-a-rope.

lol - i always thought the law was the same in the uk, but all the police seemed concerned about was if i'd hit any of them. the kids were only 8 or 9, but in my eyes that makes no difference. if i had done that my parents would have locked me in my room for a month man - it's a sick stunt to pull.

Unless the bird did something to them, I dont understand the point of torturing the bird.

the point is they are little shits who were doing it for fun.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by koolagh
    Evidently you do not live here in the states. Here, a common citizen CAN perform a citizens arrest on any one for any crime.
    Delibereatly (sp) harming ANY animal for the sole purpose of torture IS a crime.
    Here, you would have been seen as a "hero" of sorts, where as the assholes doing this would now be in a nice 6x8 room pondering if they should ask there family to send them soap-on-a-rope.
    Yup...though they are not priority they are investigated since it's commonly known that ANY who torture animals tend to either practice other more severe kinds of activities or evolve into that. Look at serial killers...nearly all of them had animals as their earliest victims.

Though really if you put a bunch of guys together we'll come up with seriously twisted ideas as young bastards...A kid I knew in my old neighborhood use to electrocute strays for example.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    Unless the bird did something to them, I dont understand the point of torturing the bird.
    Cause it's fun...as a kid anyhow. As you get older...well...to each his own. hehe

CeruleanFire's Avatar Senior Member

thankfully I didnt see the little brats doing it, I absolutely DESPISE anyone that harms an animal, unless its in self defense. Most animals are more trust worthy than humans. Send those brats to me, I have a big hole out back I will toss them in, and good riddance to garbage.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by CeruleanFire
    thankfully I didnt see the little brats doing it, I absolutely DESPISE anyone that harms an animal, unless its in self defense. Most animals are more trust worthy than humans. Send those brats to me, I have a big hole out back I will toss them in, and good riddance to garbage.
    I always found it odd that animal lovers saw more "value" in animals than humans...animals are just as diverse as humans...and quite vile in their own ways.

Plus their is such a double standard...cute, cuddly, and companionship seem to win out. The animal with the best PR campeign can get away with so much. Like cats...fucking lazy parasites. Little to no love goes out the roach...OUR TRUE BROTHER!...and they are very human. Then can survive a nuclear bomb blast too...resiliant lil bastards.

Nature can take care of itself...it doesn't need mankind to be it's protector. Plus "stopping" those kids from killing the bird may seem kind and the right thing to do...but replace the bird with a human...and many many times...people just walk away. I remember the biggest joke was PETA having it's big charity events in Beverly Hills...away from the bums, runaways, and other people who REALLY need housing, medical care, etc....yet the money raised went to house stray animals.

Fucking pathetic.

CeruleanFire's Avatar Senior Member

animal or human, torturing something that cant defend itself is pathetic.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by CeruleanFire
    animal or human, torturing something that cant defend itself is pathetic.
    It has its uses...

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    I always found it odd that animal lovers saw more "value" in animals than humans...animals are just as diverse as humans...and quite vile in their own ways.

Plus their is such a double standard...cute, cuddly, and companionship seem to win out. The animal with the best PR campeign can get away with so much. Like cats...fucking lazy parasites. Little to no love goes out the roach...OUR TRUE BROTHER!...and they are very human. Then can survive a nuclear bomb blast too...resiliant lil bastards.

Nature can take care of itself...it doesn't need mankind to be it's protector. Plus "stopping" those kids from killing the bird may seem kind and the right thing to do...but replace the bird with a human...and many many times...people just walk away. I remember the biggest joke was PETA having it's big charity events in Beverly Hills...away from the bums, runaways, and other people who REALLY need housing, medical care, etc....yet the money raised went to house stray animals.

Fucking pathetic.
    ok - a cat killing a pigeon - fair enough. a fox killing all my pet ducks and geese- understandable. torturing something for fun is sick. I'm not saying those kids should have the shit kicked out of them for it, and violence directed at all animals (including cockroaches, humans and pigeons) makes me feel ill - i always try to let the natural preditor take care of things.

fair point about cats though. they do bugger all and get doted on for it.

anyway, my point was about the legality of drugs. torture of anything is an evocotive point, and i was attempting to point out discrepencies in legal ethics

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by vixta
    i was attempting to point out discrepencies in legal ethics
    Well legal ethics really depend on those involved in a case...get a slick enough lawyer or the right judge...anything goes.

Will Judy's Avatar Senior Member

Torturing animals when you're a kid is one of those signposts for later violent behaviour. (Torturing people when you're a kid is pretty muh a dead giveaway.)

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

What were we talking about? I was busy rolling a fatty with some spotted owl skin...

(Just a joke don't yell at me)

Quote Originally Posted by Jasperino
    What were we talking about? I was busy rolling a fatty with some spotted owl skin...

only if you promise to share the wealth

+ Reply to Thread