+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Im Having A Baby!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Im Having A Baby!!!!!!!!

I would definately get him cut. Think about what it's going to be like when he's 70 or 80 and lives in a nursing home. Who's going to clean it? Every experience I have had with uncircumsized men, has been gross. I heard my cousin isn't circumsized and his skin is actually grown over his penis due to neglect keeping him from being able to pull it back. I've been to websites showing what it can look like. It's very unattractive and I heard it can detract from an orgasm if it grows over the penis.

Congrats on your baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    as far as the final cut goes...

umm.. I think that all this 'unclean' stuff is bullshit. keep in mind that this ritual was invented a billion years ago before aliens came down and taught people how to take baths and preserve food, and they made those bible's so thick so that you could club dinosaurs with them while you were being eaten. the same people that say it's unclean also think pork is "unclean.....
    1) Dinosaurs died before cavemen came along.
    2) Have you ever blown someone with an uncircumcised penis? I have, and some of the guys I know were so gross down there. I've found some websites that you may want to look at.
    3) I eat pork.

UC Men Have Twice the Risk of Getting HIV
    Pros and Cons of Circumcision
    How to Clean Your Child's Uncircumcised Penis More Info on Circumcision

Look the decision is up to you and your wife, just read up on some of this stuff before you set a decision in stone.

Oh! also about the child's name. You can find sites online that tell you origin of the name as well as what it means. http://www.babynames.com is one site. Just google search baby names, and you'll find more info. Do the same on circumcision if you need more info. I hope this helps you out a bit.

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

i'm not sure about the circimcision thing, alot of ppl say u can get infections and stuff if its not done, but that could just be poor hygein.

baptism, me and my brother werent, parents wanted us to choose for ourselves, and i'm really glad they didnt.

names, i get alot from books i've read...

boys: Pol (means star), Kazander, Sorin, Andry, Anthony, Jermey
    Girls: Camigwen, Soined (pronounced SHOW-ned), Ayla, Hollis, Lydia, Iza, Eleanor, Frances, Marney

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Quote Originally Posted by SindelChaos
    3) I eat pork.
    so what? then you're going to hell.

or do you not believe in the bible? cuz if you don't, then there's no other point for circumsicion. we act like it's some modern medical technique, but it's just biblical nonsense invented thousands of years ago by judaism, just like the practice of not eating pork and not leaving your home on saturday. for some reason it's become a cultural norm, but you should be aware that that's where it comes from and if you really don't beleive in that shit then maybe you shouldn't buy into it. I don't really care either way, that's just my two cents.

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

Congrats!

heres some i like

Boys: Adrian, Romeo, Tristan, Devlin, Brendan, Forest, Antony, Alain, Constantine, Dios, Lincoln

Girls: Rhianna. Rhiannon, Elizabeth , Lizbet, Paris, Anastasia, Elise, Anjelika, Constance, Estrella (star in spanish) Adrienne, Giselle, Grace,Lydia,Diamanda,

collect some of the names you like and then go for the "bingo" kinda thing of taking one.... put them all in the hat and mix... then you take one and have your child's name

good luck

p.s. that's the way I've choosen my sisters name... my mom's idea

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    so what? then you're going to hell.

or do you not believe in the bible? cuz if you don't, then there's no other point for circumsicion. we act like it's some modern medical technique, but it's just biblical nonsense invented thousands of years ago by judaism, just like the practice of not eating pork and not leaving your home on saturday. for some reason it's become a cultural norm, but you should be aware that that's where it comes from and if you really don't beleive in that shit then maybe you shouldn't buy into it. I don't really care either way, that's just my two cents.

I'm not even religious, and I'm all for it. I believe it has a lot to do with medical advances. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Your saying it is strictly religious is nonsense. It may be how it started, but it sure doesn't mean it's the reason people have it done.

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

i like circumcision cuz that cottage cheese like stuff dont get all in the wrinkly folds..*puke*... i like to know its clean and free of hidden shit down in there...thats just nasty...i could be just an odd one though...cuz i dont like carpet downstairs either..

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Quote Originally Posted by CarnalxKiss
    i like circumcision cuz that cottage cheese like stuff dont get all in the wrinkly folds..*puke*... i like to know its clean and free of hidden shit down in there...thats just nasty...i could be just an odd one though...cuz i dont like carpet downstairs either..
    All of the above and then some, lol. Also BIG congrats, enjoy them all you can, cause they rock.(kids that is)

Quote Originally Posted by CarnalxKiss

If I were religious I would say," Amen, sister!" So I'll just have to say Completely agreed.

Thank you all sooooo much! All your posts are very helpful. You all are so very nice and we appreciate it. Alot of good info and links on here..
    Post if you have any more thoughts. So far we have tons of possible names. I'll post a top ten when we figure out if it's a boy or girl. Keep posting your ideas if you have any.
    No one has said anything about baptism, thats what we feel strongest about anyway and don't think anything could change our minds. (i guess the responce at a christian forum may be different,... good thing we don't go to those)

About being cut, alot of strong feelings on here. We lean towards not being cut but alot of people on here have very good points. This is the most grey area of any of my questions... Maybe it will be a girl then we won't have to worry about that.

I dabble here and there on a few forums and you guys are so very nice and helpful. I give you all the thumbs up for being good folks.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

as far as baptisim goes , does it hurt the kid if you get him baptized or not? after that if the kid decides not to continue he dosent have to. thats what my mom told me. geting baptized wont afect him in any way so it realy dosent matter its all about what you want

Quote Originally Posted by pagan
    Maybe it will be a girl then we won't have to worry about that.

Luckily, in America and other first world countries, we don't do circumcision on females. I saw a documentary where they still do it in some African countries. It's horrible stuff. Women die each year due to complications after it's done. What they do is, wait until you're 5 years old and then take you out on the savannah and tie your legs apart. The have a witch doctor come in with a rusty razor blade(if you're lucky) or a sharp stone. They put a thick stick in your mouth and cut off your clit and sew up your vagina leaving very little room to urinate and menstrate through while your mother is holding down your arms. The vagina is uncut when the woman is married (usually from age 12 up)and the husband wants to have children. If the woman doesn't become pregnant, he sews her back up.
    I don't understand the point of it all in that culture, except maybe, they are worried about cheating wives. It still sends shivers up my spine to think of the pain those little girls go through.

ZOWIIEEE!!! Congratulations on your baby-to-be! I have 2 boys, so we (papa and I) have read lots and lots about circumcision. Here are a few things that that we considered:

1. It is VERY painful. There is no anesthetic! (that was almost enough to convince us)
    2. We read that 1 in 7 circumcisions are botched. That means that they either: took too much off on one side or the other, in which case they pee sideways, and etc depending on where the mistake was; or (and this happened to one of my son's friends) they took off too little and the scar tissue caused a thickening of the edge which would not retract and they will have to do it over (he's 6 now).
    3. We also read that there is loss of sensitivity and also a 20-25% loss in size (Papa thought this was very important).
    4. There was a study conducted in Africa about 10 years ago and a very strong correlation was identified between circumcised men and AIDS resistance. We thought about this and decided that it was also very much a hygeine issue and in developing countries where water is scarce, people just bathe a lot less that we do here. That's very likely, to my thinking, as much a factor as circumcision. And young men need to be taught to retract their foreskin and clean underneath it.
    5. Yeast infections--uncircumcised can get these from their partners--yuck..
    6. We did an informal survey of our children's friends, all but one is UNCUT.

As far as names go, I have an unusual name, Kanya. It is african and means, "Brave Warrior". We named our boys, Rex and Ross. If we ever have a girl, I really like Calla (greek, meaning most beautiful), and Sky. My son's kindergarten advisor (we homeschool) to be (this Fall) is a man named Rainbow.

As far as baptism goes, I am opposed to any baptism before the age of understanding. I wasn't baptised until I was 13 and I only did it then because the man said I would go to Hell if I didn't--I know better now! Someone told me that the Pope admitted sometime ago that there was no such thing as heaven and hell--can anyone confirm this? Anyway, baptism is such a personal decision, we don't believe in it personally, but we would certainly be there and supportive if one of our boys decided that's what they wanted for themselves.

I hope that all goes well and that you and your wife have a perfect, healthy pregancy, labor and birth. Do keep us posted.

Blessings abound you. CKTC

+ Reply to Thread