+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Im Having A Baby!!!!!!!!

Default Im Having A Baby!!!!!!!!

Well,.. not me really my wife is.. She is 10 weeks into it now. She went to the doctors yesterday for a bunch of tests and other stuff. They said I should go next time for the 14 week appointment because we can hear the heartbeat then. Then at 18 weeks I guess the do a sonagram. It strange, creepy, exciting, scary, etc.

So this bring up some questions that maybe you guys can give me some insight on.
    names.. I know this board is great for unique names, care to share any?

religion, I know alot of people are into the whole baptize thing. We are very religious but far from christian. We actually dislike christians in general but don't judge a person unless we know them. Then there are a few people we like that just happen to be christian and we try not to hold that against them. So we both agree no baptism for our child! If it wants to grow up to be a sheep it's their choice not ours. We won't force anything on it by "saving it's soul" or "praying for it".
    There are some distant family of our that chooses to live their lives that way, we need some good threats to warn them off from a suprise saving when they are watching it.

Another question i've discussed with some already. If it's a boy what do you think about circumcision(sp?). We are pretty much against it. We think but not sure yet. I have one sister (22) in the hipster/emo scene that agrees against it. Also alot of our friends didn't do it to their babys. We like to think with newer parents it won't be so strange to be uncut in america. Then again I have another sister (19) the into the hip hop cool girl scene and she says I will never get laid with an uncut.... I figure if he get to that point does it really matter what it looks like? Then again I was cut as a baby so I don't know what that would be like. Esp. locker rooms in school and stuff. It could be a horrible curse. On the other hand I hear that there are alot of nerves cut off and maybe us cut boys are missing out. I think maybe we could give him the option later in life but that would be tramatic for someone. If it's done as a baby it won't even remember.

I have some other questions but I'll leave it at this for now. Any other tips are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Im Having A Baby!!!!!!!!

Congrats.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Huzah for you pagan

i got two name sugestions Boy: Victor
    Girl: Anabell

as far as the circumsision thing goes i think you should a foreskin can get dirty and that is no good

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I suck at naming things. I will spare you the horrible names I have thought of for various projects over the years which Forrest fortunately talked me out of.

I went to high school in Europe and I think Americans are a bit overly worked up about a little bitty membrane. Not sure whether the generation being born now is more likely to be cut or uncut and that will probably make a difference in how people react down the line. Getting cut later in life is apparently really not fun though.

Anyway, congrats!

Congrats!

I dont really know, but I doubt I would do that, as I have painful memories from My own, and even though people say its too far back to remember, its still not pleasant to think back and remember a person coming at you with a knife or cutting utensil even then.

You can Private Message Me if you want any of the other details about that from My perspective on that .

Either way, Congratulations to you and your family!

Oh yeah, and even though I was never baptised, I am totally against it.

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

congradulations!! okay, so i collected names and made a list of all of my favorites and im going to be nice and share them with you (a lot of them are stolen from a topic i started a while ago about childrens names)

Boy names: Andre, Lestat, Chase, Adrian, Ian, Dominik, Domik, Cadence, Deven, Draven, Sage, Gabriel, Damon, Aden, Brhyce, Blaize
    Girl names: Andrea, Estrella, Starre, Saithe, Scarlet, Saige, Faigh, Kaleigh, Kieli, Rave, Gabriel, Adrian, Mora

personally i believe baptism is retarded. i was baptised lutheran even though neither of my parents are religious and i am not religious, they just did it for the heck of it because my cousin was getting it done... neither my dad or brother are circumsized and from what i hear their penises are just fine...lmao okay yah... umm maybe i shouldnt talk like that about my brother and dad?? but um, i know ive never been with a guy with an uncircumsized dick, im not sure what it would be like to suck but i hear its better for the girl?? hehe not like u should be worried about that for ur son about dick sucking or what not, but everyone i know with an uncircumsized penis has no problems, u just have to wash under the skin but yah i dont think im going to get my baby circumsized, its sad to see the pain the little innocent baby goes through. okay im rambling... but congradulations!! <3 <3 i hope some of my input helped? :-p

I, uhm, read somewhere that, so long as hygiene is good, it is much much easier to blow someone who has not been cut.

I like Anastriana as a girls name, and Alexander as a boys.

I like A names. O_o

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Quote Originally Posted by pagan
    Another question i've discussed with some already. If it's a boy what do you think about circumcision?.

look forward to a law suit when the kid is old enough to afford a lawyer.

names... well, either Amelia or Forrest. of course.

i got a few more
    Girl: Charolette , Mary , Ann

Boy:William , Bartholomew, Samuel

Thanks alot everyone,
    bre: thanks for rambling I guess I don't care about my sons felatio but I just don't want to curse him. As Amelia said (thanks by the way) "Getting cut later in life is apparently really not fun though"
    I know washing is more important but whatever.... they should wash anyway, Im not sure thats such a big deal.
    Thank you for the names, for boys Ian and Gabriel were already at the top of the list. Deven is cool but my wifes name is actually Devon. So that wouldn't work. For girls we kinda liked Emily. Our friends had a Sage Moon already wich we like. Saige is unique. I also like the others you listed. I appreciate you posting them. I will keep them in mind and show them to my wife.
    Thanks killatomik as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cheinara wraithwalker
    I like Anastriana as a girls name, and Alexander as a boys.

I like A names. O_o
    Those are cool names,
    I just hope if I give it a cool name that it doesn't result in a horrible school experience. Im not super rich yet so we may be looking at public school which we all know are fucked up.

Thanks alot everyone,
    bre: thanks for rambling I guess I don't care about my sons felatio but I just don't want to curse him. As Amelia said (thanks by the way) "Getting cut later in life is apparently really not fun though"
    I know washing is more important but whatever.... they should wash anyway, Im not sure thats such a big deal.
    Thank you for the names, for boys Ian and Gabriel were already at the top of the list. Deven is cool but my wifes name is actually Devon. So that wouldn't work. For girls we kinda liked Emily. Our friends had a Sage Moon already wich we like. Saige is unique. I also like the others you listed. I appreciate you posting them. I will keep them in mind and show them to my wife.
    Thanks killatomik as well.
    Sorry I wasnt that helpful to you.

Quote Originally Posted by sheramil
    look forward to a law suit when the kid is old enough to afford a lawyer.

names... well, either Amelia or Forrest. of course.
    Hopefully by the time it's old enough to afford a lawer it will take care of it's parents instead. Forrest is a cool name, I've known a child or two named Forest. Never met any Amelias though. Unique name.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    Sorry I wasnt that helpful to you.

You were very helpful, you helped to inspire this thread in the first place from our pm's. Also your on the don't cut side wich is the underdog at this point. Your vote counts!

Thank you.

Hopefully by the time it's old enough to afford a lawer it will take care of it's parents instead. Forrest is a cool name, I've known a child or two named Forest. Never met any Amelias though. Unique name.
    My sister's name is Amelia. She's half Chinese.

You were very helpful, you helped to inspire this thread in the first place from our pm's. Also your on the don't cut side wich is the underdog at this point. Your vote counts!

Thank you.

Ah, cool! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    i got a few more
    Girl: Charolette , Mary , Ann

Boy:William , Bartholomew, Samuel
    I like all your names except bartholomew. It reminds me of bart.
    Thank you very much for your help. I really do appreciate it.

My sister's name is Amelia. She's half Chinese.
    Is there a short version of Amelia. Like hey am or hey amy, do they always say amelia? It's a nice name.

Amelia: How did your youth go with that name. Did you always like it? thanks.

Is there a short version of Amelia. Like hey am or hey amy, do they always say amelia? It's a nice name.

Amelia: How did your youth go with that name. Did you always like it? thanks.
    We just call her "mia" for short. My other sister's names include Chloe, Arabella, Avaline, Tiffany, Morgan, and the one I don't know. My name, is Felicia, and I have a brother named Justin.

I just want to thank you all so much for your input it really means alot to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bre.star
    congradulations!! okay, so i collected names and made a list of all of my favorites and im going to be nice and share them with you (a lot of them are stolen from a topic i started a while ago about childrens names)

Boy names: Andre, Lestat, Chase, Adrian, Ian, Dominik, Domik, Cadence, Deven, Draven, Sage, Gabriel, Damon, Aden, Brhyce, Blaize
    Girl names: Andrea, Estrella, Starre, Saithe, Scarlet, Saige, Faigh, Kaleigh, Kieli, Rave, Gabriel, Adrian, Mora

personally i believe baptism is retarded. i was baptised lutheran even though neither of my parents are religious and i am not religious, they just did it for the heck of it because my cousin was getting it done... neither my dad or brother are circumsized and from what i hear their penises are just fine...lmao okay yah... umm maybe i shouldnt talk like that about my brother and dad?? but um, i know ive never been with a guy with an uncircumsized dick, im not sure what it would be like to suck but i hear its better for the girl?? hehe not like u should be worried about that for ur son about dick sucking or what not, but everyone i know with an uncircumsized penis has no problems, u just have to wash under the skin but yah i dont think im going to get my baby circumsized, its sad to see the pain the little innocent baby goes through. okay im rambling... but congradulations!! <3 <3 i hope some of my input helped? :-p

woops i want to make a correction, i wrote Rave, but i meant Raven... damn me and typos. im not that hardcore into raving to name my child Rave...hehe

We just call her "mia" for short. My other sister's names include Chloe, Arabella, Avaline, Tiffany, Morgan, and the one I don't know. My name, is Felicia, and I have a brother named Justin.
    I like mia for short . I bet because of pulp ficton. mrs. mia wallace. It just sounds good to me.
    What do they call arabella and avaline for short?
    I like Felicia.
    is it pronounced fa-leesh-ah? just making sure.

p.s. how has everything been going? good? email anytime if u want.

Kabalarians.Com has a name analysis kind of stuff, and it tells you what their personality , health, and attitudes, as well as likes and dislikes will possibly be from the names.

It has to do with the syllables, the way the name sounds, pronounciations, and many other factors.

So far Each and every person that has tried it after I recommended it to has been scared by how accurate it is. **

I like mia for short . I bet because of pulp ficton. mrs. mia wallace. It just sounds good to me.
    What do they call arabella and avaline for short?
    I like Felicia.
    is it pronounced fa-leesh-ah? just making sure.

p.s. how has everything been going? good? email anytime if u want.
    They call Arabelle "bella" or just "bell", and Avaline is..well.."Avaline". If we don't call her by her full name, we call her "Ni ni" which is a shortened version of her Chinese name.

And it's fuh-LEE-sha.

Things have been going well, I'm actually feeling better! What about you?

woops i want to make a correction, i wrote Rave, but i meant Raven... damn me and typos. im not that hardcore into raving to name my child Rave...hehe
    lol I did think for a minute your were a hardcore rave kid. Wich is cool I would have left it alone. Raven is a kick ass name. Our local bar that we tent to frequent (at least we did up until 10 weeks ago)
    It's the only place in our college town that welcomes unique types like ourselves. Anyway it called "The Raven" Im sure everyone will assume we named our kid after our favorite pub. To bad how some coincidence like that can ruin a great name. I guess the kid will never know and it will prob. be out of buisness before it can read. Then again we're trying our best to get our shit together, we may fall into the steryotype people expect us to fall into by having a kid named after the local freak bar. (not that we would name it after a bar, it's just a cool name, but Im sure that's what the masses would think"

thank you so much for your help.

I like all your names except bartholomew. It reminds me of bart.
    Thank you very much for your help. I really do appreciate it.
    they cant all be winners btw those are all the first names of famous pirates even the girl ones

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    they cant all be winners btw those are all the first names of famous pirates even the girl ones

That rules!

I do love pirates! Girl pirates? Any links sound like great reading.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    Kabalarians.Com has a name analysis kind of stuff, and it tells you what their personality , health, and attitudes, as well as likes and dislikes will possibly be from the names.

It has to do with the syllables, the way the name sounds, pronounciations, and many other factors.

So far Each and every person that has tried it after I recommended it to has been scared by how accurate it is. **

haha that is pretty crazy, my name is Breanna and its accurate, and i go by Bre and it's like dead on accurate.

haha that is pretty crazy, my name is Breanna and its accurate, and i go by Bre and it's like dead on accurate.
    Mine was pretty spot-on, too. O_O

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

advice on baby names:

http://www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com/babynames/

heh heh. "Sevahna, Sivahna, Savahna, Sevanah, Savanah, Savonna, Sivonna, Sevonna, Sevonah, Savonah, Sivonah, Savaunnah, Savaunah, Sivaunna, Sevaunah, Sevanah, Sivanna, Savana, Sovanna, Sabhanna, Sivaughna, Syvahnah."

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Congrats!...

If it's a Boy: SuperBad

If it's a Grrl: Voltar The Destroyer

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

as far as the final cut goes...

umm.. I think that all this 'unclean' stuff is bullshit. keep in mind that this ritual was invented a billion years ago before aliens came down and taught people how to take baths and preserve food, and they made those bible's so thick so that you could club dinosaurs with them while you were being eaten. the same people that say it's unclean also think pork is "unclean" but really what's the difference between a fucking cow and a pig and a chicken? nothing really, although you might get salmonila if you don't cook that shit. eh. you fucking barbarians, eat some soy instead... anyways, I really don't think it makes a difference as far as that goes, just as long as you kid takes a fucking shower more than once every ten years.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    I, uhm, read somewhere that, so long as hygiene is good, it is much much easier to blow someone who has not been cut.
    Where'd you "read" that?

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    Where'd you "read" that?

OEC

LOL - Surprised that you were the only one to catch that one...

Congratulations - Hope everything is cool... Five fingers on each hand and all...

If it's a boy - Xvenomxchjiopres
    If it's a girl - Probgwuiqhjobfd

(.... sorry, just being a smart ass )

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

hm..best of luck.

not sure what the deal with being cut is. Nobody really gives a fuck on this side of the world. I can tell you from experience thats it not unhygenic or any of that bullshit. I mean, i have no problem with circum. but it is essentially mutilation or whatever

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Congrats on the kid btw.

OEC

+ Reply to Thread