+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Teen Charged With Selling Marijuana Brownies at bake sale

and your little dog too

Default Teen Charged With Selling Marijuana Brownies at bake sale

from sun sentinal

Weston · A Cypress Bay High School senior held a bake sale outside the cafeteria this week, where school officials found him selling moist homemade brownies laced with marijuana, police said.

After lunch on Monday and Tuesday, Andrew Perreault peddled the treats for $5 a square, according to police and school officials. By the time a teacher asked what he was doing, the 18-year-old Weston resident had $145 in his pocket.

"He admitted to making several sales," said Broward Sheriff's Office spokesman Jim Leljedal, not specifying a number.

The teen is charged with distributing marijuana within 1,000 feet of a school and booked in the Sheriff's Office's main jail, where he remained Tuesday night.

School officials have not decided what will happen to Perreault, but Broward County Schools spokesman Joe Donzelli said the punishment would be stiff.

"In talking with the principal, he made it clear that the individual selling the brownies would be dealt with in the harshest of terms," Donzelli said. "In a school of 5,000 kids you want to make sure you send a message out that this is an activity that will not be tolerated."

The sale ended when the teacher took notice.

"Kids don't just sell brownies on a school campus," Donzelli said.

Perreault readily admitted that he baked the brownies at home with marijuana, police and school officials said.

The teacher beckoned the school resource officer who used a kit to test the deserts and detected marijuana, Leljedal said. Deputies couldn't say how potent the brownies were.

"We don't have his recipe," Leljedal said. "None of the students got sick."

Susan Bain, president of the Cypress Bay High School Parent Teacher Student Association, said she was disappointed to hear about the incident at the school her three sons attend.

"My reaction is the same any time I hear that drugs are being sold in school: I don't want my kids around it, but I know it happens," she said.

While Perreault could face up to 15 years in prison if convicted, the fate of students who munched his brownies on the way to class is less clear.

"We are looking into that at the moment," Donzelli said. "Worse case scenario, these students will get a stern lecture and may face some discipline.

"I'm sure they knew what they were buying."

Default Re: Teen Charged With Selling Marijuana Brownies at bake sale

Oh, shut up, you dumb bitch.

I hate people sometimes. I wish they sold those brownies when I was in highschool.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

you gotta give it to the kid,wether it ws out of stuipidity or cunning...

it's always cool when someone can pull something off in plain view of all the wrong people and get away with it ......or .....not haha...

after reading
    i said to myself aloud "yeah right what the fuck ever..." but the kids who didnt know oh damn he he he that would be funny to see... and $145.00 in his pocket and selling 5 a piece damn kid did pretty well

¥ First of all... saying its a "bake sale" makes it sound like other people were selling things.
    ¥ I find it really funny that they describe the brownies like "moist homemade brownies." Are they trying to sell them?
    ¥ We talked about doing stuff like this all the time in high school but come on, how can you be that dumb?
    ¥ Why is this newsworthy?

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

wow that was stupid not to mention kinda pointless. Not only are brownies with weed in them easy to spot because they usually have an odd smell about them but they wont even get someone high unless you either ate a whole bunch of them or the guy used a crapload of good weed which in my opinion would be quite a waste

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

hahahaha...gotta wonder about the kid who paid $5 for a homemade brownie without wondering why it cost so much!

Bummer for the guy being 18. If he were one year young it would be much less bad for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    wow that was stupid not to mention kinda pointless. Not only are brownies with weed in them easy to spot because they usually have an odd smell about them but they wont even get someone high unless you either ate a whole bunch of them or the guy used a crapload of good weed which in my opinion would be quite a waste
    Depends on how you make them. I'll have to have you over for dessert sometime. One is plenty and they won't even smell like weed.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Quote Originally Posted by pagan
    Depends on how you make them. I'll have to have you over for dessert sometime. One is plenty and they won't even smell like weed.
    the only ones ive ever had that were potent and didnt smell funny where ones made with hash oil and man those where good. But i dont know how to make good ones with regular weed

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Quote Originally Posted by karamae
    ¥ Why is this newsworthy?
    It isn't newsworthy.

+ Reply to Thread