+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Not sure if its ok to ask this here, but: Where can I find info on these Subjects?

Default Not sure if its ok to ask this here, but: Where can I find info on these Subjects?

Satanism, and other Satan Based Religions?

Luciferian, and other Lucifer Based Religions?

I Apologize for asking that here if it is not allowed, but I am curious about their tennets, religions, beliefs, information,etc.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: Not sure if its ok to ask this here, but: Where can I find info on these Subjects

www.churchofsatan.com for Laveyist satanism ill check on the other stuff

if you want more on this i suggest you buy or download the satanic bible

i also found this one http://noctuliusworks.satanicwebsites.com/custom3.html

Default Re: Not sure if its ok to ask this here, but: Where can I find info on these Subjects?

Default Re: Not sure if its ok to ask this here, but: Where can I find info on these Subjects?

So far they seem really interesting, and even though Im checking them out, would there happen to be a simplified version? (Probably a silly question.)

Haha, ask about a religion, and then ask for a simplified version! Religion and simple are two words that don't seem to belong together.

You're a hoot!

I agree, though there are some exceptions to that rule.

Anyways, so far the links provided are very interesting, although not really any new info though.

I thank you both, and appreciate it if anybody else has more info.

seriously though you need to get the satanic bible and this little paperback book called the necronomicon they are best sources of info

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Re: Not sure if its ok to ask this here, but: Where can I find info on these Subjects

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    seriously though you need to get the satanic bible and this little paperback book called the necronomicon they are best sources of info
    You are aware that's not a "real" book right? It was all made up...one of Lovecrafts finest creations...

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    You are aware that's not a "real" book right? It was all made up...one of Lovecrafts finest creations...

Wasnt the Necronomicon that book that turned out to be either a joke, or caused some ruckus back in the 70's?**

Hula Hoop Supervisor

It has a long history...but yeah it was a "hoax" but not in the traditional way..the current published version was a variation on the one H.P. Lovecraft described and put together for his work. Essentially it is a REAL book...but not a REAL religious text. It uses an amazing amount of babylonian mythology and has the feel of something real...some editions still carry the William S. Burroughs quote about it being an "amazing find" and what not.

Beautiful work really...the hoax about the current edition is pretty sordid with an amazing story that ties INTO Lovecraft's version of how he "found" it and how the current edition came to light...along with the many "untranslated" pages that remained in vaults and later published by another publisher as the R'yeh text. Thing is this is all ONE variation of the story...their are dozens. Each claiming to be the truth and that the work is true magick...their is even a school of magick about it now with its own texts.

Really...take it as you will..I find it more fun to believe it IS real personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    It has a long history...but yeah it was a "hoax" but not in the traditional way..the current published version was a variation on the one H.P. Lovecraft described and put together for his work. Essentially it is a REAL book...but not a REAL religious text. It uses an amazing amount of babylonian mythology and has the feel of something real...some editions still carry the William S. Burroughs quote about it being an "amazing find" and what not.

Beautiful work really...the hoax about the current edition is pretty sordid with an amazing story that ties INTO Lovecraft's version of how he "found" it and how the current edition came to light...along with the many "untranslated" pages that remained in vaults and later published by another publisher as the R'yeh text. Thing is this is all ONE variation of the story...their are dozens. Each claiming to be the truth and that the work is true magick...their is even a school of magick about it now with its own texts.

Really...take it as you will..I find it more fun to believe it IS real personally.

Thats the one im talking about the fake one it has some interesting insight on satanism and i know its fake and all that and i love the lovecraft story

So basically: Do what you want, but accept responsability for your actions?

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Yeah I didn't know it wasn't real for years as I read it, re-read, and pretty much drew dozens of drawings based on it all through High School. Wish I had kept them but they all went up in flames long ago. Amazing lil read though...provided you get into it.

You'd dig it Brightstar...it's like a 40K book on crack...tons of gods, lots of great lil backstory, and a nice intro to lots of strange worlds.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    So basically: Do what you want, but accept responsability for your actions?

Wish Szandora was still around...she explained it better than anyone. If you can find my old Satanism thread she gave some great info in it.

Apparently that Topic Faded.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

And there ya go...

Doh! I missed it. :P **

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Always good to get some new converts into the land of evil.. have fun.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

what the fuck is luciferian? that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, they make religions about things that aren't real, and then people make religions that are against those fake things, but still beleive in them. news flash if you beleive in god and the devil then you are just as stupid as a christian, no actaully you are twice as stupid because you realise how stupid christianity is, and you STILL believe in those things.

yeah anton lavey was like a real satanic motherfuck, he came up with this shit in the 60's, No one ever said anything like THAT before... I'm going to ignore crowely and pretend he doesn't exist, shit, i'm going to ignore the past two mileniums and pretend like there wasn't Greek thinkers and everyone in between that came up with the exact same shit. Why are there so many people that are completly ignorant to history and buy into bullshit and then think that they are so "radical" or "rebellous" or "counter-culture", or whatever? I seriously think that is one of the stupidest things i've ever heard.

basically lavey was a hippie that spewed out the same old tired shit, but he was smart enough to understand marketing, and he called it Satanism, which pissed off the christians and drew in all the people that were fed up with christian society, even though if it hadn't pissed off the christians and called itself satanism they never would have joined it because they would have seen that it was the same old structure of organised dogma that they were trying to get away from in the first place.

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    what the fuck is luciferian? that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, they make religions about things that aren't real, and then people make religions that are against those fake things, but still beleive in them. news flash if you beleive in god and the devil then you are just as stupid as a christian, no actaully you are twice as stupid because you realise how stupid christianity is, and you STILL believe in those things.

yeah anton lavey was like a real satanic motherfuck, he came up with this shit in the 60's, No one ever said anything like THAT before... I'm going to ignore crowely and pretend he doesn't exist, shit, i'm going to ignore the past two mileniums and pretend like there wasn't Greek thinkers and everyone in between that came up with the exact same shit. Why are there so many people that are completly ignorant to history and buy into bullshit and then think that they are so "radical" or "rebellous" or "counter-culture", or whatever? I seriously think that is one of the stupidest things i've ever heard.

i tend to agree; but just coz something's been recycled it doesn't mean its as useless....just that it usually is...

definately, I mean it is up to us to reinvent eveything, but I still think we should ackowledge it's roots, cuz then it's just kind of a rip off rather than a recycle.

I mean it's cool whatever you want to believe, if it makes you happy, all the better. but maybe i'm just saying be careful that you don't cross the line between ideology and idolising. It's the same business in the other thread bringing up hubbard, did he have good ideas? I don't know, I never read him because I couldn't get past his ego stroking. There's a song line that goes:"if it's worth anything, we'll sell it for humility. and it will take us further than that posture your'e fronting."

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

It's a stretch to even say LaVey's philosophy has any grounding in Greek thought. He referred to it in interviews as "Ayn Rand with satanic trappings". The false dichotomy he draws between "altruism" and "egoism" is strictly objectivism. Having said that, his take on the human need for ritual is intriguing. He sold an identity, you kind of have to respect the cleverness. Beyond that, it is turd polishing.

OEC

well I was thinking along the lines of "if it feels good, do it" mentality.

well I was thinking along the lines of "if it feels good, do it" mentality.
    Whatever brings people happiness is cool with me, as long as it does not infringe on the rest of us.

OEC

I agree. but I was saying that that thinking was around in the time of the greeks.

I agree. but I was saying that that thinking was around in the time of the greeks.
    It's always been around. I guess I was thinking more in terms of Aristotle, Plato, or Isocrates. Even Epicurus was not completely for simply pursuing the pleasant.

OEC

Didnt say that I Believed in that stuff. I am interested in the Mythology, Lore, etc.

As for Religious Beliefs: I Believe that there may possibly be stuff, but even so, I would rather champion a cause because it shares similar ideals, rather than pledge Myself to some group .

I know. that was more of a critique on people that follow it, well, religiously. haha. but seriously, It's great to read up on stuff, you should, I did, and that's why I formed that oppinion. I guess what needed to be said was said, so just thought I'd throw that in. good luck on your research.

I only know the basics of the different stories, but so Luciferian stuff is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    I only know the basics of the different stories, but so Luciferian stuff is awesome.

Yeah, the Luciferian stuff was neat to read up on. And, btw, their facts are correct about Rennes-le-Chateau are true. (Not the mythology, just the fact that alot of things there are pointing to Lucifer and what not.) There's actually a cult there (Called the "Mary Magdalene" cult) who believed that Jesus had a child with Mary and that his bloodline still exists (which that link I gave you partially describes.)

Needless to say, I was interested in the story, simply because it's a good read and keeps my attention. If you want more info on Mary, go here:

http://www.magdalene.org/

I think the gnostics believe that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cheinara wraithwalker
    Yeah, the Luciferian stuff was neat to read up on. And, btw, their facts are correct about Rennes-le-Chateau are true. (Not the mythology, just the fact that alot of things there are pointing to Lucifer and what not.) There's actually a cult there (Called the "Mary Magdalene" cult) who believed that Jesus had a child with Mary and that his bloodline still exists (which that link I gave you partially describes.)

Needless to say, I was interested in the story, simply because it's a good read and keeps my attention. If you want more info on Mary, go here:

http://www.magdalene.org/
    Interesting. The theory is definitely gaining traction.

OEC

Yeah i think more people are into that theory after reading The Davinci Code

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    Interesting. The theory is definitely gaining traction.

OEC
    Well, to be honest, I wish it were true. It may be, it may not be, but it sure would flip the world inside out if there was concrete evidence. I don't want that to happen so it would create anarchy, but to turn everyone on their head. You thought this was true for thousands of years, but it's not. I wonder what would happen to the Catholic church. Would some churches reform, while others denied? What would the new pope do?

It'd be interesting, is all.

Quote Originally Posted by cheinara wraithwalker
    Well, to be honest, I wish it were true. It may be, it may not be, but it sure would flip the world inside out if there was concrete evidence. I don't want that to happen so it would create anarchy, but to turn everyone on their head. You thought this was true for thousands of years, but it's not. I wonder what would happen to the Catholic church. Would some churches reform, while others denied? What would the new pope do?

It'd be interesting, is all.
    If the new Pope is Lubomyr Husar he'd ponder it after some salvation sex with his wife. (Greek Catholics can Marry and have sex)

OEC

not really. that's only if you believe that jesus was the son of god, if you beleive he was just some crazy that people worshipped, him knocking up some chick doesn't really change your world view.

it's like Oh shit the church is wrong, even though they never said sepcifically that he DIDN"T have a kid in teh first place, and there are hundreds of other things that they did say that were proven wrong, i'm gonna go shit myself now.

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    If the new Pope is Lubomyr Husar he'd ponder it after some salvation sex with his wife. (Greek Catholics can Marry and have sex)

OEC
    dont hink thatll happen im pretty sure you have to be celebant to be the pope at least thats what i remember from religion class in the seventh grade

+ Reply to Thread