+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: this is disturbing

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: this is disturbing

I think that what is at the heart of the outsourcing issue is really the fluid nature of today's workplace and the total lack of stability inherent in such a rapidly changing field. We import a lot of jobs as well, but the trick is that there is a lot of pressure on the worker to constantly adapt. The mechanisms to facilitate this near constant adaptation are not terribly obvious and it is easy to be left behind, either by outsourcing or by more advanced engineering. You can be replaced by software, machines, prisoner phone banks, inexpensive overseas labor, and the list goes on and on. Only looking at it as an outsourcing issue is short sighted, when really I think it's a continuing education and skill set development issue.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Legalize shooting wild cats? No, Wisconsin governor says

BY RYAN J. FOLEY

Associated Press

MADISON, Wis. - A proposal to legalize the killing of feral cats is not going to succeed, Gov. Jim Doyle said Wednesday.

''I don't think Wisconsin should become known as a state where we shoot cats,'' said Doyle, a Democrat who neither hunts nor owns a cat. ``What it does is sort of hold us up as a state that everybody is kind of laughing at right now.''

He said his office had received calls from around the country denouncing a proposal adopted Monday at meetings of the Wisconsin Conservation Congress, a public advisory group, that would classify wild, free-roaming cats as an unprotected species that kills song birds and other wildlife. Outdoor enthusiasts approved the proposal 6,830 to 5,201 at hearings of the group.

The results get forwarded to the state Natural Resources Board for consideration, but any official action would have to be passed by the Legislature and signed by the governor.

Animal rights groups called the idea inhumane.

Doyle said he respects the Conservation Congress but ``on this one I think everybody recognizes it's not going anywhere.''

Some experts estimate 2 million wild cats roam Wisconsin. The state says studies show feral cats kill 47 million to 139 million songbirds a year.

South Dakota and Minnesota allow wild cats to be shot.

State Sens. Scott Fitzgerald and Neil Kedzie had vowed to do all they could to keep the plan from becoming law

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

the problem with welfare is that our society is a sick machine that only cares about the cogs in that machine. if you are somone that doesn't work for holy production then you don't matter. take a step back and think for a second about how righteous it is look down upon people for expecting to be able to afford to support thier children, and then think about how righteous it is to consider parenting not a real job and something that's not worth doing. That's what wrong with this country, and why so many people are fucked up.

devil13's Avatar Senior Diablo

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    Only looking at it as an outsourcing issue is short sighted, when really I think it's a continuing education and skill set development issue.
    Thats true. I just wanted to throw that out there as in "thats one of the top complaints in idustry today." I dont think most americans are worried about a Mexican stealling his job here but more so they believe that outsourcing is the main problem. me personally it hasnt affected me and I dont have all the facts about it.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

The cats will have their revenge

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat

MADISON, Wis. - A proposal to legalize the killing of feral cats is not going to succeed, Gov. Jim Doyle said Wednesday.

''I don't think Wisconsin should become known as a state where we shoot cats,'' said Doyle, a Democrat who neither hunts nor owns a cat. ``What it does is sort of hold us up as a state that everybody is kind of laughing at right now.''

He said his office had received calls from around the country denouncing a proposal adopted Monday at meetings of the Wisconsin Conservation Congress, a public advisory group, that would classify wild, free-roaming cats as an unprotected species that kills song birds and other wildlife. Outdoor enthusiasts approved the proposal 6,830 to 5,201 at hearings of the group.

The results get forwarded to the state Natural Resources Board for consideration, but any official action would have to be passed by the Legislature and signed by the governor.

Doyle said he respects the Conservation Congress but ``on this one I think everybody recognizes it's not going anywhere.''

Some experts estimate 2 million wild cats roam Wisconsin. The state says studies show feral cats kill 47 million to 139 million songbirds a year.

State Sens. Scott Fitzgerald and Neil Kedzie had vowed to do all they could to keep the plan from becoming law
    right on

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK

The cats will have their revenge

Legalize shooting wild cats? No, Wisconsin governor says...

Thank you very much for adding this informative article OEC.

Besides, I hate birds, fuck'em.

Quote Originally Posted by devil13
    Thats true. I just wanted to throw that out there as in "thats one of the top complaints in idustry today." I dont think most americans are worried about a Mexican stealling his job here but more so they believe that outsourcing is the main problem. me personally it hasnt affected me and I dont have all the facts about it.

Yeah, I wasn't really arguing with you, just putting in my $.02 on the tangent.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    I made a petition about about the armed vigilantes promoting racism at the border, welcome to the new america the KKK is back.
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takea...ltl=1113591043

I know that many of you have signed the cat hunting petition, so if you support animal rights, then please stand up for human rights and sign this one.
    Signed.

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Plus as much as one wants to blame White America in this case....much of that exploitation comes from within the communities that these immagrants work and live in...fucked over by they're own.
    It disturbs me that i'm in MG's corner on this one, but: It's the whites who own the offices they clean, whites who eat the fruit they pick, whites who drive on the roads they lay... etc. whites who take the lowest bidder on a contract, turning a blind eye to the fact that there's only one way to get the job done for so little and still turn a profit.

damnit! stupid edit timer...

I retract that last post. getting ranty. and yes, TZ did kinda cover that in his post anyway.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

It's very simple...

If there are 5 million new jobs available,
    and there are 10 million people looking for jobs,
    and 5 million of them are illegal aliens, that means
    that some US citizens will not get those jobs...

I don't want this to sound like a racist thing at all.
    I do not care who gets the jobs. It's just a numbers thing.
    The more people you have inside this country, of whatever race, etc,
    the less jobs there will be for everyone. There are only so many jobs.
    And if there are too many people, the jobs will be harder to get...

It's a population issue.

If you stopped all immigration, and just had too many American
    citizens, due to our own internal population explosion, then we
    would have the exact same problem... I'd feel the same problem
    existed, even if it was all white rich people. We have too many
    people in this country, in this world, and in Mexico, etc...

It *is* a problem.

But keeping immigrants out of this country is just a band aid
    on a larger problem...

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

I've yet to actually run into ANY American to complain that they can't get the jobs's immagrants get...especially illegal ones. It's sad how grossly misinformed those who make that argument are. Illegal workers are so exploited it's sick...the system to protect them is a joke since it's the same system that will ship them back where they came from. Plus as much as one wants to blame White America in this case....much of that exploitation comes from within the communities that these immagrants work and live in...fucked over by they're own.

Not that "rich white people" are innocent in the matter...I've seen and heard some pretty fucked up things from those who cater to them and many times it's known they are illegaly here...

It's just a deeper mess than those who complain about it want to get into...it's basicly slave labor. I don't see to many Americans or hell even Canadians signing up for that...
    I cant get a job the immagrants get. Its stupid.

And I hate people. I love cats.

SHOOOOT PPPEEEEOOOOPPPLLLEE!

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Azekiel
    Also:

It disturbs me that i'm in MG's corner on this one, but: It's the whites who own the offices they clean, whites who eat the fruit they pick, whites who drive on the roads they lay... etc. whites who take the lowest bidder on a contract, turning a blind eye to the fact that there's only one way to get the job done for so little and still turn a profit.
    Guess if you look at this from a multi-layerd issues that would be the top...unfortunately like in the case of office cleaners their are some who use illegals to do the work and on PAPER they are paying them what is legal but behind the scenes they are charging them al sorts of insane "fees" with threats of calling Immagration on them if they complain...usually it's one of their own too. That's the part that pisses me off more since it's much more direct and in your face. Some that head over are really used as modern day slave labor...from sweat shops and brothels to field hands and cheap labor for construction.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    I cant get a job the immagrants get. Its stupid.

And I hate people. I love cats.

SHOOOOT PPPEEEEOOOOPPPLLLEE!
    Sure ya can...I know a few places that'll have ya!...and you'd get to shoot people too!

Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

This is why we MUST teach business to the citizens of this country. A wealth of willing workers should not be seen as a problem, but as a blessing. You fear for your job? Maybe, learn a new language. It's not as hard as you think. Start a house painting company, start an office cleaning service, etc. Anything that can utilize willing workers fairly while they adjust to America. Treat your people well, pay them right, and if you work at it you will be a success, while allowing good people to put food on their tables too. That is what we promise and that is what we should deliver.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

BY RYAN J. FOLEY

Associated Press

Thank goodness some one found the article! Thant makes me feel a little better. All I know is my mom sent me the original post and it was something I felt I had to share. I had NO idead that all these other hostilities were going to come out as a result...
    K

Hahaha, sounds like typical obese, beer chugging, brat snorting, cheese shitting Wisconsinites. I hate some of the people here. I actually witnessed an after bar fight in the middle of a family restaurant at 2am on a Tuesday night!!!

I can't say I am disapointed about the govener blocking the law if it comes to him, but has he proposed a solution to the problem?

I honestly don't think I could kill a cat that wasn't rabid, but two million feral cats is a serious problem. While there may be better alternatives to shooting the cats is anyone willing to put up the time and money?

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe_Post_Mortem
    I can't say I am disapointed about the govener blocking the law if it comes to him, but has he proposed a solution to the problem?

I honestly don't think I could kill a cat that wasn't rabid, but two million feral cats is a serious problem. While there may be better alternatives to shooting the cats is anyone willing to put up the time and money?
    good question. even if they do something more humane they will still put all those cats down. its not likely that they are just going to just let the cats roam wild. something has to be done and its probably going to cost the tax payers of Wisconsin.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Sure ya can...I know a few places that'll have ya!...and you'd get to shoot people too!
    If you can get me a job shooting people..please let me know. Cause Ill do ANYTHING to get that job.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Two million is bullshit. I dont believe that number for one second. 25,000 maybe. Nothing more.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

If you can get me a job shooting people..please let me know. Cause Ill do ANYTHING to get that job.
    LAPD

yea its called the Army. be all you can be Jax

Two million is bullshit. I dont believe that number for one second. 25,000 maybe. Nothing more.
    This is a number both sides agree on. There are an estimated 20-30 million nation wide. There are a lot of cats in this country, an a unhealthy portion of them are not in homes.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Forrest, Keiko:

I noticed the petition was a few days old, so I figured some action may have been taken. Not everyone in Wisconsin is like that. I got the little cat in my profile from a Humane Society there. They took out her eye which caused her a lot of pain and took off an infected part of her tail (she has only half a tail) Then, they helped me have her shipped out here to PA. Luckily, their Governor didn't sell their efforts down the river.

OEC

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    LAPD
    Yeah right, theyd laugh at me if I walked in to get a job. Same as Army, they told me no way because of my tats....

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

This is a number both sides agree on. There are an estimated 20-30 million nation wide. There are a lot of cats in this country, an a unhealthy portion of them are not in homes.
    Hmm I must be geting different news stories then. Lots of people are arguing that number.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Exactly what constitutes a wild cat? Anything from the feline family or is it more specific...cause if it means everything from housecats to cougers then I can see why that number would be so high...but does that figure ALSO count those that are "wild" by defenition but domesticated?

Statistics can easy be swayed in both directions buy what criteria is used to determine it.

Main Entry: [1]wild·cat
    Pronunciation: 'wI(&)l(d)-"kat
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural wildcats
    Date: 14th century
    1 a : a cat (Felis silvestris) of Eurasia and Africa that resembles but is heavier in build than the domestic tabby cat and is usually held to be among the ancestors of the domestic cat b : or pl wildcat : any of various small or medium-sized cats (as the lynx or ocelot) c : a feral domestic cat
    2 : a savage quick-tempered person
    3 a : wildcat money b : a wildcat oil or gas well c : a wildcat strike

Main Entry: fe·ral
    Pronunciation: 'fir-&l, 'fer-
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Medieval Latin feralis, from Latin fera wild animal, from feminine of ferus wild —more at FIERCE
    Date: 1604
    1 : of, relating to, or suggestive of a wild beast
    2 a : not domesticated or cultivated : WILD b : having escaped from domestication and become wild
    synonym see BRUTAL

sorry. I still have this Image of Elmer Fudd tip-toeing through the woods saying "be vewwy vewwy quiet im huntin pussy"

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

when I was in high school, they were looking for these people in a nearby town that were putting cats in trash bags and putting them on the highway. I'm not a big cat person, but I'm definitely not the type to go out and shoot them.

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

i dont understand how people can hate cats so much and be so violent, if only they knew what awesome personalities cats can have. i love my cat soooo much, hes like a little mini me. cats are awesome!! people who hunt animals piss me off anyways, not only do cats have cute little personalities and lives, all animals do!

Ellis's Avatar Kuwabara Kuwabara

Quote Originally Posted by bre.star
    i dont understand how people can hate cats so much and be so violent, if only they knew what awesome personalities cats can have. i love my cat soooo much, hes like a little mini me. cats are awesome!! people who hunt animals piss me off anyways, not only do cats have cute little personalities and lives, all animals do!
    Theyre talking about the savage street cats that WOULD KILL YOUR HOUSE CAT.
    These cats are heavily tatooed, and have percings and motorcycles. THEY KNOW NO FEAR AND SUFFER NO WOUND PENALTIES.

NO WOUND PENALTIES!

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis
    Theyre talking about the savage street cats that WOULD KILL YOUR HOUSE CAT.
    These cats are heavily tatooed, and have percings and motorcycles. THEY KNOW NO FEAR AND SUFFER NO WOUND PENALTIES.

NO WOUND PENALTIES!
    Freaking gamers. Funny though.

"Kids are cool and all, but it needs to be controlled,
    so families in these countries don't have 10 kids...
    1-2 max..." they did that in china and people where so determinded to have their first borns gender male, that they killed their own (female) children...

+ Reply to Thread