+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can Internet Relationships Work?

Pazuzu_42's Avatar Junior Member

Default Can Internet Relationships Work?

I am currently in a long term relationship with a girl though she lives in a different country and we met on the internet around 6 years ago and have been strong friends ever since what i was wondering if any one acctualy thinks theese kind of relationbships can work i mean we are meeting for the first time this year and im looking forward to it so bad and i do feel like i love her very much but i just wanted peoples opinions on this

Default Re: Can Internet Relationships?

O to claify we have been friends for about 6 years and dateing for around a year

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: Can Internet Relationships Work?

I didnt work for me tried it twice but id say give it a shot.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

You can meet someone on the internet and then have it turn into a relationship. I'd say friendship with a few bonuses would be more likely. Each case is different so give it a go. Good luck.

Thanks alot i wanna make it work and she does to we speak almost every nite on the fone which is always cool thanks for the encouragment

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I just know that you can't totally understand a person's personality until you are actually around them, and deal with real-life situations. There are many people I met online, who I thought were really cool, but when I met them IRL, they were not that great to be around. And I met people I knew online, who were very quiet, or I did not really like their online personality that much, but IRL, they were really fun and cool.

So it's a good start, but I would not pin all my hopes and dreams on the idea that it will work out. It may not... If nothing else, consider it a really awesome friendship, and if you can actually be together someday, just see if it works... If it does, great. But don't completely ignore people around you, and only focus on this one person. Wait until it is real, and working...

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

yes they can...but it usually turns to real life relatively soon if it is real...and meant to be...

Hula Hoop Supervisor

First off GOOD LUCK.

They can only work if you see each other regularly, being friends online is very diffrent from being in a relationship...even a casual one.

Well I also hope you good luck, and yes, it can work if both of you are commited to. One of the greatest real life love stories I've known is from a very good friend of mine who met this girl from UK via Internet and after talking online for a year they decided to go serious. They were together for almost 5 years(their break up is a very sad story but it had nothing to do with them meeting online!), and he cherishes that time like nothing in the world. So yes, GO FOR IT, buddy!!

Trotter's Avatar Senior Member

My friend met this girl online and flew off to live with her. Bit extreme for me but I havent heard from him since, so either he's dead or its worked out.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I have had two realtionships start from meeting online, but didn't work out, but I am glad I had those people in my life for the time I did. In person is a totally different story. Especially if it was very close and mutual online, you may have to take a few steps back and start out as freinds and take it slow. Honesty is the best policy try to be as much you and as honest as possible online as you are in person. I really hope for the best for you, but I also have some suggestions, don't move right in with the person, find a job and your own place, so if things don't work out your not stuck in some new place with no one. Having your own place and a job gives you flexibilty and if things are good in the beggining it gives you space to learn about the place your living and make friends and intergrate into your enviroment. You just wont be friends with you gilrfriends friends which can be an unconfortable situation 'cause you might not like her friends but who else do you have? so you may feel like you have to oblige certain situations for the sake of having someplace to stay and to have her as your girlfriend, whihc can have nasty affects on you and affect the relationship. So deffinetley get a job and find a place before you even go. if your visiting stay at hotel, until you feel comfortable with one another. If your engaging in sexual ativities over the phone or the net your going to be as horny as fuck and want to get down to buisness. but Sex is a deadly device and may tie you down quicker then you want to maybe somone who is just better as a friend so try to avoid the sex and making out even if you have over the phone till yer comfortable with eachother in person.Realize how big a deal this is especially if you do move, be it state, province or another country and you will have alot of things to do and get settled up. Doctors, Mail address, Vehicle Licnence, other types of certfication for healthcare or whatever. This will be a good test for you to see if this person is as real as you cause the will help you get these things and wait in line with you if able to. I hope I stressed the Hotel if your visiting and get your own place and job if your moving there casue it gives you time to adjust. just realize she will want to makea as much as a good impression as you in person but your brain will be silentley screaming "THIS IS FUCKING WIERD!!!" But give yourself distance even though yer now together. It's a totally different ball game and what ever you were prepared to do for her and she for you might seem like totally different game in person. I just hope I gave you a flexible view of the situation your about to be involved in. I doubt you take my advice but if you do I am sure you will appreciate it. I learned from having my heart broken twice. It would be nice if it doens't happen to somone else.

Sceptic_Messiah's Avatar Senior Member

I was friends with a girl for a few weeks from the net, went to meet her and now 9 months on we live together and we are talking about marriage and kids and it's been less that a year :-) best thing that ever happened to me

The most meaningful and deepest relationship I ever had was with someone online. It has been six years and we still are very close. I also married someone I met online and got stuck in a new city with no friends for three years. So it cn go either way.

Default Re: Can Internet Relationships?

Quote Originally Posted by Pazuzu_42
    O to claify we have been friends for about 6 years and dateing for around a year
    How are you dating? Do you mean it is a long distance relationship but you sometimes see each other or you cybersex or what?

+ Reply to Thread