devil13's Avatar Senior Diablo

Default Re: why are they breeding?

Quote Originally Posted by grebo
    its all about Class not Race. Fight the rich not other poor people
    well said
    die yuppy skum

Hula Hoop Supervisor

The only problem with the mentality that everything is class based (and I am a great supporter that many things are) is that it keeps minorities down far more than it should. No minority can rise above it's misery, inequality, and generally screwed up social and class standing UNLESS it gathers and sustains wealth. You can't wallow in your poorness and to be honest you can't beat the rich unless you outright kill em...and even then they can win with the laws in place to protect them.

One needs to use their wealth and influence wisely not maliciously for class struggle to take a less dominating role...plus no one WANTS to be poor...only kids from rich kids find any romance in the lives of those without wealth...and by and large they end up causing more problems than good...

Nothing is worse than a rich kid "slumming" and having some life affirming change and wanting to be a revolutionary for the people...those pricks always manage to make things WORSE for the people they supposedly love.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    The only problem with the mentality that everything is class based (and I am a great supporter that many things are) is that it keeps minorities down far more than it should. No minority can rise above it's misery, inequality, and generally screwed up social and class standing UNLESS it gathers and sustains wealth. You can't wallow in your poorness and to be honest you can't beat the rich unless you outright kill em...and even then they can win with the laws in place to protect them.

One needs to use their wealth and influence wisely not maliciously for class struggle to take a less dominating role...plus no one WANTS to be poor...only kids from rich kids find any romance in the lives of those without wealth...and by and large they end up causing more problems than good...

Nothing is worse than a rich kid "slumming" and having some life affirming change and wanting to be a revolutionary for the people...those pricks always manage to make things WORSE for the people they supposedly love.

TZ, that's funny that you and I read the same thread and had the same thought at the same time: Shouldn't people be able to rise above what they were born to?

PS To all, if you are having this conversation on a computer, then you are not the bottom rung of society and might want to rethink any thoughts you have about smashing everything above you. It could bite you in the ass, as there are a lot of people who do not have access to computers, who do not have training to use them, who can't read, and who are otherwise definitely less well-off than anyone who could post here.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    PS To all, if you are having this conversation on a computer, then you are not the bottom rung of society and might want to rethink any thoughts you have about smashing everything above you. It could bite you in the ass, as there are a lot of people who do not have access to computers, who do not have training to use them, who can't read, and who are otherwise definitely less well-off than anyone who could post here.
    Our celebrity culture has sorta screwed up what it means to be "poor" though...if you're not out clubbing, driging insanely expensive cars, or earning millions a year...you are poor. On the other spectrum of that and I'll keep it computer nerd focused...if you are not running at least a 2ghz + system with at least a gig of ram and a top of the line video card then you are "poor" by PC standards...

Now the REAL poor in the world are so multi-layered and hard to catogarize that people just think about them in generic terms. The poor in the U.S. are far LESS poor than those say in India and Mexico...yet those in neighboring countries and poor are WORSE off.

Most that are poor want the opportunity to rise above it not aide them in keeping their lives and culture that made them poor in the first place...that's what too many in western nations think that capitalism means western culture...it doesn't...it means opportunity that CAN be bad...but anything can. Look at Red China...at first it denounced ANYTHING that resembled or highlighted imperial China...from the Great Wall to it;s intricate silk designs...later it embraced them and it's ancient culture...and embraced capitalist ideals. Now Red China is much diffrent than it was under Chairman Mao...now it's more like a Pink China if you will (I think the Pinkgasm.com manifesto has finally gotten to me...bless em for it.)

Our celebrity culture has sorta screwed up what it means to be "poor" though...if you're not out clubbing, driging insanely expensive cars, or earning millions a year...you are poor. On the other spectrum of that and I'll keep it computer nerd focused...if you are not running at least a 2ghz + system with at least a gig of ram and a top of the line video card then you are "poor" by PC standards...

Now the REAL poor in the world are so multi-layered and hard to catogarize that people just think about them in generic terms. The poor in the U.S. are far LESS poor than those say in India and Mexico...yet those in neighboring countries and poor are WORSE off.

Most that are poor want the opportunity to rise above it not aide them in keeping their lives and culture that made them poor in the first place...that's what too many in western nations think that capitalism means western culture...it doesn't...it means opportunity that CAN be bad...but anything can. Look at Red China...at first it denounced ANYTHING that resembled or highlighted imperial China...from the Great Wall to it;s intricate silk designs...later it embraced them and it's ancient culture...and embraced capitalist ideals. Now Red China is much diffrent than it was under Chairman Mao...now it's more like a Pink China if you will (I think the Pinkgasm.com manifesto has finally gotten to me...bless em for it.)
    All very true and you made me laugh out loud with Pink China. Go Pinkgasm!

Hula Hoop Supervisor

All very true and you made me laugh out loud with Pink China. Go Pinkgasm!
    I like how one reviewer said something along the lines that it wall be sugery sweet to the point of making you vomit if the people in question were not so genuinly cute and engaging that all you could do is just be enveloped by them...that was the jist of it anyhow.

I like how one reviewer said something along the lines that it wall be sugery sweet to the point of making you vomit if the people in question were not so genuinly cute and engaging that all you could do is just be enveloped by them...that was the jist of it anyhow.
    I heart Jonno. When Halcyon was putting together our panel for SXSW and asked me who the third person should be, I was totally like it has to be him. It was super fun being on a panel where I really like and respect everyone on it.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I heart Jonno. When Halcyon was putting together our panel for SXSW and asked me who the third person should be, I was totally like it has to be him. It was super fun being on a panel where I really like and respect everyone on it.
    I'm pissed I missed the whole thing this year...I'm damn well headed to next years though...

Halcyon has continued to be an interesting and evolving soul all the years I've known of him. I still remember seeing the whole MTV thing from a few years back going...is he for real? Not in a cynical way mind you but in that "how can someone be so free without coming off as an insane new age hippy twit?".

An inspiring guy to say the least.

I'm pissed I missed the whole thing this year...I'm damn well headed to next years though...

Halcyon has continued to be an interesting and evolving soul all the years I've known of him. I still remember seeing the whole MTV thing from a few years back going...is he for real? Not in a cynical way mind you but in that "how can someone be so free without coming off as an insane new age hippy twit?".

An inspiring guy to say the least.

He is totally for real. An amazing and inspiring soul. One of my favorite people.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

He is totally for real. An amazing and inspiring soul. One of my favorite people.
    It was amazing having known him at a really young age then finding him all these years later.
    He and his Grandpa are very uplifting. I'd like to think my sister's KGB Chicken outfit he used to wear gave him a start though.

OEC

+ Reply to Thread