+ Reply to Thread

Thread: going back to cali...(help please)

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

Default going back to cali...(help please)

well my girlfriend is it will be my first time.

so JUNE3-10 my girlfriend and myself will be living it up cali style (whatever that means) we already know at least one person who is going to show us around a club or two. but here is where we need your help:

1)hotel info obviously we are looking for cheap but location pool parking breakfast not a shit hole etc. stuff is kinda important as well.

2)what do you do for fun? clubs? area's to check out day/night local parties you want to invite us to?

3)anyone interested in meeting up/meeting us out etc.

4)ways to save money (we aren't poor but saving money on some stuff leaves more money for the good stuff)

5)any tips or advice you can give a couple of tourists who don't want to be lame tourists.

in exchange anyone i meet out their who i know off this board will gladly be bought a drink. unless there is a ton of you and then i will have to play favoritism or flip a coin or something i don' t know

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: going back to cali...(help please)

What city?

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

well we are planing on jumping through a bunch of the bigger named places like venice beach hollywood rodeo drive beverly hills santa monica

most of the hotels we were looking at were near griffith park, rt 101-crossing sunset blvd area.

we are definately renting a car and plan on doing a bit of driving so things within 30min-1hour of as much as possible is kool. i can't really explain much better b/c i am still trying to figure out distances and times from place to place... i knew LA was pretty stretched out but i didn't realize how much so.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Check out Bar Sinister on Saturday nights...

Drive up the coast, up PCH... Go down the 10 freeway west, then head north on PCH as far as you like, then head back... It's a really nice way to get a feel for the southern california beach and coastline...

Check out Venice Beach, Hollywood, etc...

I don't think it's lame to check out parts of LA like that if you have never been here.
    It's actually only lame to me when people spend their entire vacation here at
    Disneyland or something... At least see the actual place you are visiting...
    Drive around a bit... See the city...

I would suggest that you plan your days around traffic.
    Go out in the middle of the morning, and don't come back
    to your hotel until later in the evening. Just avoid "rush hour"
    and the freeways are not bad. But if for some reason you
    have to travel during rush hours, take surface streets instead...
    Make sure you have a map!

+ Reply to Thread