Default What did you think of these shows:

The Hurricanes

Where On Earth Is Carmen Sandiego

The Snorks

Super Mario Brothers Super Show & The Legend Of Zelda

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Re: What did you think of these shows:

Never heard of the first one.

I remember the kids game show...it was quite good. Being a geography nut well into High School I quite enjoyed it. It was the last hurrah for game shows that didn't talk down to kids or appeal to stupid pop culture bullshit...you actually learned something.

The snorks...classic 80's cartoon nonsense that I'll admit I loved but can't for the life of me see why. Good dumb fun.

Abysmal show with the whole "Mario dance" and pretty lame cartoon. The legend of Zelda was way too PC in that it made Link a total pussy wipped idiot and Zelda the cliche "Strong and independant woman"...all well and good but it's ZELDA...damn girl always gets kidnapped for fucks sake. Take that away and you're left with a lame cartoon.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

never heard of the first one either.

I loved Carmen Sandiego though, actually made it to the state Geography Bee when I was in 7th grade. So I guess I'm a geography geek myself.

I was a bigger smurfs fan than a snorks fan growing up. The smurfs are one of the the things that prove how fucked up the Belgians are (along with the Lords of Acid)

I personally would have rather seen Ron Jeremy as Mario instead of Captain Lou Albano. But that's my opinion. Didn't really like the Zelda cartoon.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Never thought about it but yeah...Ron Jeremy would make a great Mario.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Wow, you put up some Doozy of lame shows. It's a veritable cornucopia of really bad cartoon history.

Ron Jeremy!! I though he WAS Mario.. LMAO (of course he would make a great Sonic too (hedgehog.. get it)

Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by hewhoisagod
    I personally would have rather seen Ron Jeremy as Mario instead of Captain Lou Albano.
    that is so true ahahahaha...he'd look perfect!

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

speaking of that (kind of) the first Sonic the hedgehog show was pretty good as I remember, they took a pretty flat idea and built a pretty rich mythology around it and detailed character interactions betweem Sonic and members of a village of woodland creatures in danger of being destroyed by the mahcines of Dr. Robotnic. wow. that actually sounds like some pretty political undertones... it's like Earth First! for kids... anyways, the second sonic sereis that was called like sonic and freinds or sonic adventures sucked, it was slapstick nonsense with the enemies being a robot chicken and pig with hyjinks purely ripped off from the old warner bros cartoons (which did it much better). There wasa thrid series out like last year and maybe an anime, or maybe they were the same. I never saw em.

The Hurricanes is this show where a Girl inherrits a soccer team, and makes a bunch of loosers into a team of winners.

The show would have been better if they had gotten rid of some of the characters though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Never heard of the first one.

I remember the kids game show...it was quite good. Being a geography nut well into High School I quite enjoyed it. It was the last hurrah for game shows that didn't talk down to kids or appeal to stupid pop culture bullshit...you actually learned something.

The snorks...classic 80's cartoon nonsense that I'll admit I loved but can't for the life of me see why. Good dumb fun.

Abysmal show with the whole "Mario dance" and pretty lame cartoon. The legend of Zelda was way too PC in that it made Link a total pussy wipped idiot and Zelda the cliche "Strong and independant woman"...all well and good but it's ZELDA...damn girl always gets kidnapped for fucks sake. Take that away and you're left with a lame cartoon.
    Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego = The Cartoon
    Where in the World= The Gameshow.

Both were good, and Rockapella sang that version well.

Side note on Mario Brothers: Mario and Gannon, and many other voices were done by Professional Wrestlers.

Link: Jonathan Pots, also did the voice of Kevin Keene, from Captain N, The Game Master, and Many other Video Game Themed Shows.

+ Reply to Thread