+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Generation Gap

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Default Generation Gap

Do you, or someone you know have a relationship with someone much older or younger than themselves?

Right, wrong? Should you have a limit to stick to, or is anyone fair game?

Opinions..........

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: Generation Gap

i dont think there should be a limit as long as its legal and both people are mature enough I dont really have any personal experience with this but i know people that do usually it doesnt seem to work but sometimes it does and i dont have a problem with it as long as its legal and responsible

My wife and me are 6 years apart and it dosent seem to be an issue. A man I used to work with had a wife that was 15 years younger than him and they had all kinds of problems.

Just funny to think that when I was 18, my wife was only 12 and I would never looked twice at her. Now she's my ideal and totally awesome.

Statistically speaking, you look at any two marriages and one of them's likely to have all kinds of problems. An age difference really is a wild card; whether it's positive, negative, or a relative non-issue depends on the character and life directions of the people involved.

Personally, I don't tend to write off a younger person the way I see a lot of people doing in my age group. I guess they need to feel superior in some way, since many have let themselves go, and their only asset over the younger and more physically appealing is their supposed experience. Yes, those eight years in the cube farm sure taught you a lot about how to live life dynamically, you bitter, jaded, cappuccino-sipping bastards. These grapes are much too sour!

Sorry, been an annoying day thus far.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

ive learned...(please no guys get mad at me bout this)

women mature much faster then men, women tend to be much more monogomas creatures at a much earlier age..of course there are exceptions but..it seems like men arent ready to be settled til around their 30's and women...wow Ive seen women at 16 be all about getting married and settling down...so i think instictively women look for older men...and men look for younger women...and I think thats the way it should be...of course there shold be a limit, because when I was 16 I thought knew alot of things, but now looking back I was a real fucking idiot, and im sure in anouther 6 years I'll think the same thing about myself now. And when I look back , every guy I was with still had so much growing up to do...evern now I question my relationship with my s.o. because I mean hes 22 and we have a 2 month old baby, and im pregnant again, that is going against his human nature so much...Im waiting for the day he splits..and I wont be entitled to be angry because he still has so much growing up to do, and I know it. and the only way for him to grow up and get things out of his system is with time. But i'm younger than him and am soooo happy with being settled and having babies. I guess I look at it as a beginning to life...while im sure that even though he loves his son, in a way he looks at it as the end of his life.

I think there are some basic truths in your statement, but I dont think you should be setting yourself up for him to ditch you. That's a very negative path you have chosen, that you should sterr clear of. After all even the most stubborn of person has the ability to overcome. Hopefully he will come to learn that it dosent have to be the end of his life , but just a new path to travel on, with new experiences.

I have experience with this, and i dont think age means a fucking thing. being in a relationship with a woman 5 years my senior, its awkward sometimes, but not really. Not much in my life has anything to do with my age.

I aggree with royceicon, once your legal age doesn't mean a thing, its all about having a relaitonship where you can grow together. BTW I hate seeing 14 year old girls with guys that are 19 and 20 because "they feel that boys their own age are childish", and at this point they say that we are the immature ones. I'm sure those that have been in those types of relationship ask themselves what the f*ck they were thinking now.

steelpawn, i said nothing about legal age. To me, mental maturity is most important. A lot of those girls that go out with older guys are twits, but some of them really are mature enough to handle themselves.

+ Reply to Thread